Reviews for Automatons
BatShitCrazy21 chapter 1 . 11/26/2014
I loved it:) and I liked the Jason and Tim parts too!
Definitely would love to read more! :)
doubLL chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggg, this story is beautiful :') love it so much, one of my fav dick/babs stories :)
hauntedlittledoll chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I really liked the complicated feel of Dick and Babs shoving back and forth in that one. I liked how their characters evolved as they grew, and they were continually adjusting in order to accommodate (or refuse to accommodate) each other.

It just felt very satisfying to read about them in a relationship that was hard instead of fairytale fluff. I liked the sense of commitment that it gave me, as they flirted with the line between platonic and romantic attachment. The Dick/Babs ship tends to float on "meant to be" or "destined" waters, so this . . . this one felt good. It felt real.

I also adored Barbara's line: "Just . . . just let it mean SOMETHING." It didn't matter what it meant, as long as it meant something. They could go right back to being platonic. They could fight and break up. They could cycle through the emotions of the fic all over again . . . as long as it meant something.
kiragecko chapter 1 . 4/27/2014
I'm sorry, but this is not exactly fluff. This does not scream 'happily ever after' it whimpers 'things are probably going to get worse, but look, they're sort of happy at the moment'. It was extremely effective and I enjoyed it quite a bit, I just wish to correct your erroneous opinion that it is HAPPY. Anyways, thank you for writing, you're awesome.
Hhjuyli chapter 1 . 8/21/2013
Honestly thanks a lot fir writing this. I dunno what it is about dickbabs angst, but i cant get enough of it! Amazing fic :)
Graysongirl1 chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
This was awesome! I loved it! :D
Mystery chapter 1 . 4/14/2013
What a sweet ending! Totally loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
This is good. You should write more fluff on Dick and Babs.
Wolfe7 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Wrote long review, decided was lame, deleted, realised t'was pretty awesome, face-desk'd.

Short version - Awesome characterisation, narrative and relationship dynamic. Disappointed to see that you won't be expounding upon the idea.

BTW, about Jason - AFAIK, he's more like an anti-hero than a villain. His Bruce-hate and willingness to use guns is pretty much his version of teenage rebellion. Except, y'no, he's an adult. So, no catalysing apocalypses yet. I've only read select arcs of the Batman comics, and he seemed to be pretty much at ease with the Bat family in Death of the Family. Apart from, y'no, the daddy-complex. (Which everyone in the Bat family seems to have some form or the other of.)
Nom de Plume chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
You're right, there isn't enough DickBabs! At least... any that are /at least/ decently written, and just as a secret side-note, yours was better than just decent [;

I love your interpretation of Babs, how you developed it later and how you still kept some of her 'childhood' issues... such as the hypocritical fear of being manipulated when she had played that game countless times before. I like how her skepticism made US, the readers, start wondering about Dick's 'motives' as well. Ah, such a psychological whirl you've driven us to.

But I liked that you gave us some closure - aka la romantics because I am sure I would have blown an ulcer if you decided to just leave it hanging there.
Saint Ginger chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
Really good story, I like it
Anon chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Yeah there definitely needs to be more DickxBabs fics. Thanks so much for sharing. Good stuff.
Useful chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
In the words of Wally West: "Dog"

I really liked the story, fluffy, angsty, you can feel the sexual tension and how Babs goes from cold and calculative, to calculative, in love, jealous, and tense. Until it all comes crashing down.
FFP chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Great fic describing their relationship. Wonderfully done
MrGardener chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I really enjoyed the story...I liked the different take on their relationship and seeing it all from Barbara's pov. Really well-developed...just lovely