Reviews for The Knots In Our Laces
bethanyactually chapter 6 . 3/2
Although this is sorta unfinished, these six chapters are fantastic! Such great characterizations and interesting expansion on S4 episodes.
bethanyactually chapter 5 . 3/2
"This is not about some girl you have to save from the school bully, this is my family you're talking about. Annie's a grown woman, and you should have more faith in her. If she and I stay friends, she'll be fine. If I flirt with her, she'll be fine. If I take her away and marry her tomorrow then divorce her next Thursday, she will be fine. Because Annie Edison is a fortress, and if you think I have the power to break her down, then you're a crap friend, and you don't know her at all." BEST BEST BEST. This is so brilliant, I was grinning by the time Jeff told Vicky to do then both a favor and fuck off.
"Annie Edison is a fortress" damn that's my boy talking about my girl
tktktk chapter 6 . 6/29/2014
UGH! I wish this was finished so badly! It's wonderful! And makes season 4 so much better! I am forever sad that it's not complete :[
tktktk chapter 5 . 6/28/2014
I have never been more proud of Jeff. Also, who knew him putting Vicky in her place was a thing I wanted? Not that she's like this in canon, but boy it sure worked here! I'm real sad this fic is unfinished because I love where it was headed.
Guest chapter 6 . 6/23/2013
Shit this never finished! Please continue I hate getting drawn into unfinished fics and wanted to see what you'd do with the rest of the crap season 4!
Arekanderu chapter 6 . 5/25/2013
This is a very enjoyable story!
Guest chapter 6 . 4/22/2013
I just read this from start to finish and it's awesome! You're missing episodes 7-10 though! Please finish this when you have the time. I want to know what happens.
errobotter chapter 6 . 4/15/2013
Nice work. The tension makes me think of the victory-ribbon/rope at the end of the race. Will Jeff and Annie break through? Or will they get knocked over and fall flat?
DayDreamer077 chapter 6 . 4/12/2013
hm! alrighty then.
Guest chapter 6 . 4/9/2013
Perfect chapter please update soon for the next episode!
nyclove3 chapter 6 . 4/2/2013
I meant to review this the other day but I'm a magpie and I get distracted easily!

I laughed at this - 'Jeff needs to confront his music and face the demons' both because I can picture Britta saying it wrong and Troy copying her word for word and not realising the mistake.

I enjoyed Jeff and Annie's chat on the crazy couch. It's believable to me that Jeff would think he'd get better after meeting his father and be a little disillusioned, perhaps, when it doesn't happen that way. I think building up to a meeting with his dad in his mind for so long, everything afterwards would feel a little anti-climatic and strange and I guess that takes some adapting to. I'm looking forward to seeing how that plays out through your story.

And of course, Abed. Sweet know-it-all Abed hit the nail on the head but can't quite connect all the dots. I wonder if he ever will.

Also, it makes me smile that Annie freaks out over a text that wasn't overly suggestive in the first place, bless her. Oh the possibilities for what happens now! :)
shippersgonnaship chapter 6 . 4/1/2013
O.M.G. I lol'd at Annie's text! Jeff probably panicked! This is awesomesauce. I can't wait to see them studying together or not lol. Bring on chapter 7!
Sharpsword chapter 6 . 3/31/2013
There's no stopping you. You're an unstoppable machine of awesome. I love each chapter more than the last. :/ I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PICK A FAVOURITE. Which isn't that important, I guess, but...
Redo: Hey, this is so cool. I loved it, and you managed to subtly make the cringe-worthy parts of the ep good. :) Also GAH. I hate how disheartened Annie is (he loves you he loves you he doesn't know just waaaaaaiiiiiit or like kick him or somethiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing), but I love how you're letting her be the mature woman she is with most of her thoughts. And how much she FREAKED OUT with the suggestive message. It shows how much the whole issue matters to her. And I love the meaning behind Jeff immediately answering the last message, but saying nothing for the first.
Jess chapter 6 . 3/31/2013