Reviews for Aut Vincere Aut Mori
kykyo-chan chapter 21 . 6/11/2019
I love your story, you are a genius, I really love this kind of stories
EleonoraParker chapter 21 . 5/26/2019
Hey! I've just ended to read this incredibile story and well, I'd have actually a lot to say about it, but I'll try not to be too much long
Reading the story all at once, I can't make a specific review (even if I would like a lot to talk with someone about all the events), so I'll speak generally.
I can say that the thing I loved most in the story was the attention in the characters and in their development. Also because they are so similar with the original ones, so I could totally adapt all the situation to the Emma and Regina that we all know and love.
Regina's slow open, Emma's chivalry and willness in order to save herself at first, but then in order to save her love, sacrifing also herself... Really touching!
I loved the tenderness in their real relationship, so in contrast with their "false" one, of arguing and jokes. The unique way in which they always find soundness in each other, how they were always, the one another resolution.
You really gives all the feeling about it.
Then, I loved how you reflected the roman's world in all its shades , even the most painful ones, how the gladiators, usually seen like so strong figures, were actually slaves, and how sad was their life.
Moreover, I'm italian, so I went to Rome exactly after ended to read it and there I was more interested in history and culture and also more emotional, standing in front of the Colosseo or walking on the old stone roads.
So thank you, for all of this.
Probably another of the things I loved most has been the baby Henry's tenderness. My gosh, how beautiful they three were as a family! You really made me feel their love, in the inevitable attraction the baby played over the two of them.
Emma's germanic song... I cry
Obviusly I imagined that at the end Regina wouldn't have stayed in Milan anymore, but still their almost goodbye has been so painful.
And every scene of them togheter, every touch, every look and every kiss has been perfectly placed at the right place in the right time! I've nothing more to say about it! So emotional, and it remained in my head for all the time later also
Really, it has been like a drug, and the impossibility to speak to someone about it, a torture.
But still, I'm so so grateful for it!
Thank you also for the perfect ending! (I don't think I could have afford a sad ending, actually, even If I like them)
And I likes also the last bonus chapter. It has been nice to see them years later, and how their relationship isn't changed at all.
I wish this could never end.
I'll forever love this story.
ilapaoletssq chapter 21 . 5/15/2019
Wow...this was...amazing! Why have I only discovered this fic now? This us going right on the list of my favourites. I loved it! I laughed, cried, stressed, but loved it all the way. Simply AMAZING
badly caffeinated chapter 8 . 2/23/2019
I'm thinking of the act Emma and August did, and the preparation for the blood.
Good one
Evenwolvesdream chapter 21 . 1/27/2019
Ok first of i was rather late getting discovering the sq fandom and ouat but damn i wish i had been around when you were writing this one. Because my word i can’t, just can’t... I couldn’t frikking put this one down when someone pointed me in its direction.
Seriously I started reading in bed and never went to sleep. Gonna be one interresting day today.

Usually i comment the stories i read chapter by chapter but i just wanted to keep on reading this one i wanted to see what happened next. I loved the dynamcis and setting you had these two portrayed in. Even with the changes they still felt in character to me... they made sense their decisions made sense. Really enjoyed the little bits of history sprinkled with this tale as well. God yeah this is sooooo going on my reread list for sure.

Thank you for writing this and even more for sharing it with us.
MusicLyrics1500 chapter 21 . 1/18/2019
I’ve searched through multiple different SwanQueen fic rec blogs until I found one and this was the third story listed on there. I started reading it at 11 at night and finished the main part at 5 in the morning, then read the epilogue when I woke up. I loved this story so much, the moment when Emma “died” I really felt for Regina but somewhere deep down I just had this feeling that Emma faked it so I was surprisingly calm while reading it. And then when they got to Leopold’s and Emma left, idk when I started crying but by the time they got reunited I noticed by eyes were wet, that was such a heart wrenching moment. I wish this fic would be in more fic rec blogs because it’s fucking fire. I also loved how it’s in such a different and unique setting than most of the other stories I’ve read. Thank you so much for writing this.

The only thing I’m still curious about is Kathryn’s reaction and stuff when they found out Regina disappeared and with Kathryn knowing the relationship between Regina and Emma, was wondering what her reaction would’ve been after finding out Emma is in fact alive.
mumpy chapter 21 . 10/29/2018
I really enjoyed this story, didn't want it to end.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2018
after i read this for the first time a couple of years ago i fell in love with the history of the vestals and i now have a relatively large vestal virgin tattoo on my arm. i love this story so much 3
Crys Alvarez chapter 1 . 9/9/2018
Love historical fics
connyx chapter 21 . 8/22/2018
Shame on me, it took me almost 4 years to realize that you wrote a second Epilogue to this. Haha. A sweet addon. Still like your piece a lot!
Jprid321 chapter 21 . 4/23/2018
I really loved this story I read it years ago but never left a review but now reading it again and loving it just as much I couldn't leave without giving you a huge thanks for sharing this brilliantly written story.
bluedragon chapter 21 . 2/22/2018
i know I'm years late on this but THIS WAS AMAZING! it had adventure and pining and angst and happiness and HISTORY. It had a Regina and Emma who felt rught even in an au, and ugh. it was so good. It was so fun to read and watch them fall in love. and I was really stupidly happy with how you write Regina not being able to deal with her feelings right away, it really felt so realistic. and Emma the badass gladiator who would sacrifice everything for the woman she loves, who then comes and saves HER. What a fun well written story, thank you for sharing this with us.
Milady Darkan chapter 21 . 1/8/2018
Really nice story. I love how they evolve so much throughout their journey.
I really like that you included Henry in the story ( but I feel it would have been more realistic if he was at least 6 months, heck maybe he was and Regina is just that bad at estimating a baby's age since she's not often near them).
notvillain-notsavior-justme chapter 21 . 11/18/2017
I LOVED this fic. It is one of the best (if not the best) I have ever read. I love the subject (ancient times) and this is surely one of my favourites fanfics! THANKS for gifting the fandom this pearl! Best wishes!
rondaday1 chapter 21 . 8/26/2017