Reviews for Birth of the Forest
OutOfReality08 chapter 6 . 7/2/2015
Naruto x mito, now it's getting really good.
OutOfReality08 chapter 1 . 7/2/2015
Yeah, great first chapter. Please make more.
DeadBottle chapter 22 . 7/1/2015
Although I don't think i'm masterful enough to come up with a compelling ending to the Kushina storyline. I am more than qualified to tell you that this story is quite good. I hope you realize that and continue on.
Heika chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
Ch1
what happened to his mom?

Why do the ANBU only have one nature affinity?

Mito could sense emotions.

Sounds like sennin training

He was only the second God of Shinobi though and the first and true God of Shinobi makes him look average.

Wasn’t Sage Chakra gold?

and regain a considerable amount of my old

why is EVERYONE barely acknowledging his genetic change? His eyes changed color. That should have made EVERYONE think “who can change genetics of people?…OROCHIMARU OH FUCK!” or something along those lines. They are failures as intelligent sapient beings let alone shinobi.

Ch2
The Jounin had about as much chakra as he did before his awakening
In canon, Kakashi at this point had half Naruto’s chakra reserves.

Does Naruto still have his wind affinity?

So is it Nature Ryuu or Nature Ken: Nature Style and Fist respectively?

It was partially a Nintaijutsu style (more Sentaijutsu)

but those who abandon their friends are worse than trash
the line was comrades and I heavily suggest using it. You don’t have to be friends with who you work with after all. If they only never abandon their friends many could still be left for dead anyway.

Shouldn’t Naruto have told Saru that Tazuna was lying? He already knows Naruto can sense emotions from great distances after all.

Ah, if he is using moku chakra than it is Nintaijutsu.

Asu?

Ch3-5
That would take him at least another three to four years, by which time he estimated that his old capacity too would return.
He told the Kyuubi a few months in chapter1.

But that would have aroused suspicions among shinobi that a Mokuton user walked the lands again.
Like a grown, living wood bridge would not have already done so.

Will Sasuke get his memory as Madara like Naruto got Hashirama?

Hashirama was not called the God of Shinobi
He was called it like his student was.

for that duration will happen in a single instant of the flow of time in the world outside, effectively sealing the required conversation completely from the outside world…"
Kakashi looked at the clock, which had frozen. But on close observation with Sharingan he could see that the second-hand was moving very slowly
If it is moving it will not necessarily be an instant in the outside world if he kept it up long enough

potential and had invented the Hiraishin no jutsu as a teenager
Tobirama invented it. Minaro RE-invented it…kind of anyway. Saying he re-invented it is overkill but the in the correct area of thought.

Her being soaked in blood also would have built up the image of Red Death cannot kill that many people with a sword and escaped the bloodshed.

utterly as NARUTO’S ten thousand shockwave
10000 what?

Yugito, Samui and Omoi
No all girl team T_T KARUI! lol

until the user's will FAILS

"The same…Hashirama cannot be resurrected
I always wondered how he could be resurrected in canon when he had already been reincarnated thus any resurrection should have killed Naruto to get his soul.

How did your stronger Sakura tie with Ino?

with a powerful fire affinity and a stunning affinity to water.
So which is greater?

Only A major part

Great job!
theman1111 chapter 22 . 6/17/2015
UPDATE! I love this story can we get some Naruto and Mito fluff
nerdnproud chapter 3 . 6/14/2015
Hashirama...funny..
Madara's Queen chapter 22 . 6/10/2015
Senpai.. can you update this fict more faster? 4 months and it's too long..

Thank You.. :)
Guest chapter 22 . 6/7/2015
I love, the plot of your story and the lengths of your chapters. The only thing that I would like to voice out is PLEASE PUT OUT MORE CHAPTERS,I'm addicted to your literature of the story. So please, do us a favor as your loyal fans and complete this fascinating tale for us.

With admiration,

Your loyal fan.
Sushiboy123 chapter 22 . 6/7/2015
Too awesome. I wonder if Naruto will decide who he is in the final chapter and I cant wait for him to learn of what Kushina has been doing.
Keep going your doing well
Darth Renatus chapter 22 . 5/25/2015
Good quality chapter. Now concerning the Kushina issue I'm going to quote hyokami's review "I would have Mito doing said interrogation, but I would have Naruto arrive early because he needs Mito and his mothers company. Have him walk in on said interrogation. He obviously feels very betrayed and disappointed. Kushina is distraught and feels like a failure as a mother and human being. She explains that Naruto was all that held her together after Minato died. When she had to leave she became depressed, and it progressively got worse the longer she was away from Konoha. She joined the Kiri rebel forces mainly as a means to try and forget everything. To simply lose herself in conflict and distract her from her emptiness inside. She had turned to drink when she met Mei, who she latched onto as clan member out of desperation. When she was offered Minato's life she latched on because she knew she could not return to her child in Konoha, and the longer she worked in this spy role the more depressed she became, as she knew Minato would not approve, which caused her to latch onto the thought of him coming back even harder, causing more depression etc. etc. She explains that when she got back to Konoha to find him so mature she felt he didn't need her in his life any more so she desperately wanted Minato back. She also felt she couldn't face him due to the suffering he went through while she was not there, so she forced herself to continue with what she was already doing so she didn't have to. She's obviously in tears and falling apart when she finishes explaining.

The next day he finds his mother and forgives her, wanting a fresh slate to truly become mother and son. She cries again and promises to put him above all else now that she knows she has a place in his life.

This not only allows you to build the Naruto side of his character more, but you can finally show his first real setback and his ability to overcome it through the strength of his combined personality. It also allows you to resolve everything that I imagine a lot of your readers hate about your current Kushina. It resolves her betrayal so that she wont do it again, and it makes her realize that she has to put family first, and as much help as Mei and Kiri have been, especially with Mei being of her clan, she is not family, so Naruto and Konoha come first. She tells Mei of her decision and asks Kiri to ally with Konoha and then returns to Konoha with her son and daughter in law.

There is also the chance that Naruto could revive Minato. With Mito's knowledge of seals, she likely knows Minato sealed a part of himself in Naruto as a failsafe, and we have already learned that Naruto can basically reconstruct a body, even a Chakra system which is said to be impossible, so why cant he create a body for Mito to place his fathers soul fragment into."
Madara's Queen chapter 4 . 5/18/2015
i luv your fict and can you update soon? i mean, 4 months is too long and i can't wait for another chapter..:)

Good work and keep writing..
hyokami chapter 22 . 5/10/2015
Hey there. I read all of your FF today, and first and foremost I would like to say congratulations on writing a pretty compelling story. You can definitely tell that you have been trying to keep organised and continuously look ahead to try and keep your story on track.
I'm actually quite liking your development of Naruto' character. Sure, I think at the start he acclimated to his change a little bit too quickly, as his 'Naruto personality' should have been more dominant as he watched his past life, but other than that his development actually makes a lot of sense. The fact that he has interacted with so many people who had more close interaction with Hashirama in his life than they had with Naruto has resulted in that personality becoming far more dominant. Sure there are little quirks to his personality that are from Naruto, but at the moment he is predominantly Hashirama. This actually gives you a bit more of an opportunity for story progression than you might think in regards to Kushina's character.
I'm not going to lie, at the moment I am incredibly disappointed and pissed off with Kushina's actions. You basically have someone who has chosen to forsake her huband's memory, her own blood and everything he holds dear, along with the wellbeing of the rest of the world for the SMALL CHANCE that the enemy, a sociopathic madman who has ultimate control over the deal because Kushina is far too weak to oppose him in any way, will revive her husband for her. This is completely out of character and if it continues will likely turn a lot of readers away, and ruin a large amount of your stories credibility for those that remain anyway. It is a good thing you have seen the problem though.
I also absolutely hated one of the lines you used when Kushina and Naruto meet Mei. I can't remember if it is Kushina or Mei who says it, but it was something among the lines of 'We're like sisters; with all we've been through we're closer than even family'. Closer than family - I cringed when I read that. Closer than Kushina and her son. That and, in the same scene how Naruto could sense Kushina's unease over her selfishly wanting to do something that will hurt her son and for all intensive purposes her godson as well. She is basically choosing Mei and Kiri over her own son and godson. That scene hurt to read. I almost called it quits then and there. Seriously.
In writing though mistakes can be turned around though. No story is set in stone when it is still being written. Here's what I would probably do:
Mito has at this point pretty much agreed to keep Kushina's secret. I really don't think this can actually be allowed to play out though. Readers will continue to hate Kushina for being a pathetic human being, the relationship between Mito and Naruto would be strained, and in the future shit would likely hit the fan, and I'm not sure Naruto or Hashirama would be capable of recovering from being betrayed by both Mito and Kushina. At least not feasibly.
Next chapter I would have Mito doing said interrogation, but I would have Naruto arrive early because he needs Mito and his mothers company. Have him walk in on said interrogation. He obviously feels very betrayed and disappointed. Kushina is distraught and feels like a failure as a mother and human being. She explains that Naruto was all that held her together after Minato died. When she had to leave she became depressed, and it progressively got worse the longer she was away from Konoha. She joined the Kiri rebel forces mainly as a means to try and forget everything. To simply lose herself in conflict and distract her from her emptiness inside. She had turned to drink when she met Mei, who she latched onto as clan member out of desperation. When she was offered Minato's life she latched on because she knew she could not return to her child in Konoha, and the longer she worked in this spy role the more depressed she became, as she knew Minato would not approve, which caused her to latch onto the thought of him coming back even harder, causing more depression etc. etc. She explains that when she got back to Konoha to find him so mature she felt he didn't need her in his life any more so she desperately wanted Minato back. She also felt she couldn't face him due to the suffering he went through while she was not there, so she forced herself to continue with what she was already doing so she didn't have to. She's obviously in tears and falling apart when she finishes explaining. Naruto says he's not sure how she could just figuratively spit on everything he and his father stood for. He says he needs to clear his head and goes to catch his breath in a nearby forest. In his introspection he realises that it can't have been easy to come home, see what a mistake she has made when she discovers her sons unfailing loyalty to Konoha, and also to see very little of what she expects her son to be due to his wisdom. He realises that he has allowed himself to fall into being far too close to being 'just' Hashirama Senju, and not Naruto as well. He has always wanted a mother, but due to focusing too much on the part of him that is Hashirama, he has been failing to take the second chance he was granted and form a real connection with is mother. He meditates for a couple of hours in his sage mode and finally reaches a conclusion. He realises that his wisdom from the Hashirama lifetime is wisdom that was earned entirely through the experiences that Hashirama faced, and that it would be wrong to assume that this wisdom is greater than any he can earn as Naruto, by living through Naruto's life. He therefore will allow himself to interact with more of Narutos personality showing through until he truly becomes a new person.

Of course the even easier option is to have made it so that Pein revived Kushina with her partially under his control. He is not a sealing master so he cannot completely control someone he has revived like Orochimaru can, but he has some level of power to push someone he has revived to act on his orders. Mito could realize this in her interrogation and use the same technique she used to free herself from Orochimaru's edo tensei on Kushina, to free her entirely from Pein's proposal. Once she is released her, Mito and Naruto could talk it out, and Naruto could comfort her. This could also fix the plot problems I mentioned above, but would stop Naruto/Hashirama's personality from moving a bit closer to the Naruto side of the spectrum.

I guess it all comes down to how you want Naruto's personality to develop. A number of people in the comments have mentioned Kushina dying, but I think a lot of that is coming from anger at her current personality as opposed to what would be best for the story.
Guest chapter 7 . 5/5/2015
Making naruto love the decased granny look fool enough even tough mito is hashirama's wife. Wtf... this sopoused to be the good story but you make me piss for reading it
Guest chapter 10 . 5/4/2015
Great chapter.
Everyone keeps praising Itachi and his sacrifices and he deserves it and yet I cannot help but be angry at what he did to Sasuke. Sure he wanted him to be powerful and the Sharingan can only be developed and evolved through grief and pain but to evoke such hatred that it turns an innocent child into an avenger full of negative emotions. that is inexcusable, there is always another path.
Eruonen chapter 22 . 5/5/2015
Love your story and can't wait to see more.
1,866 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »