Reviews for A Glimmer of Hope
isara-love chapter 1 . 9/25/2013
That was a wonderful another story. I do like it. The scene he get worry and feeling jealousy and angry was so lovely. Thanks
RevDorothyL chapter 1 . 4/6/2013
Oh, good for Aubrey! :)
Hillmorrr chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
Just read through all your Foyles war stories after rereading some of your Harry Potter stories. Was drawn into the lives of Sam and Christopher Foyle, and is now awaiting your next episode. Thanks for sharing your very well written stories!
TartanLioness chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Yay! Aubrey to the rescue. How wonderful!
TootsLogan chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
I have just finished reading all 8 vignettes in successions and thoroughly enjoyed them. Love the way you've handled this and told the story from varying paerspectives. I will look forward to reading the next epsiode.
GiuliettaC chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I always did like forthright, no-nonsense Aubrey. Glad he's materialised to lend support.

A round of applause also for the evil Beardsley, without whose wardrobe-malfunction the wedding would still be 10 months away. I think he deserves a bottle of Uncle Aubrey's best greengage, don't you? Laced with senna and syrup of figs.

Loved the line "Foyle's tone dripped ice". Will you be sending Christopher round there to give him a dressing-down? Ooh I HOPE!

PS: The brain works in its own quaint way: I've just been looking up "Aubrey Beardsley" on Wiki. Knew those two names rang a bell...
Treva Rea chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
EEEEEE... I had the thought earlier in your series that Uncle Aubrey had to get involved. I'm so glad you brought him into it!

Thank you!
Treva Rea
Guest chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Thank you Andrew, for seeing things in a better light and dear Uncle Aubrey, really a wonderful voice of reason. I'm so glad they've decided to get married earlier than planned. Loved our spunky Sam, even with a cold. Another delightful installment. Thank you, can't wait for more.
dancesabove chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
How lovely to have something hopeful to read after viewing the last episode of Downton Series 3 and watching a fascinating but quite disheartening documentary about the American Dust Bowl! Good ole Uncle Aubrey to the rescue! And hooray for an Andrew who's coming around. Thanks, Kailin; I really like the believable and sweet picture you paint of these characters.