Reviews for Finding Merlin
a person 56 chapter 7 . 7/3
This gave me tears literal tears. Thank you so much for writing this I love it.
a person 56 chapter 1 . 7/3
Im here for the story now Im interested in the movie
Wayward-or-Awkward chapter 1 . 12/19/2018
How lovely!
Maltheniel chapter 7 . 7/21/2018
This is such a beautiful story! At times it made my heart clench for Merlin's pain, and other times it put a wide smile on my face. Not a lot of fics manage to accomplish both of those, so the fact that yours does is definitely a compliment. I think this is the third time I've read it, and I decided I owed you a comment since I still enjoy it so much.

I loved the way Merlin's appearance starts changing Arthur into a different man, and does it subtly enough that Arthur doesn't really realize it for a while. I totally love the whole concept of Arthur having this unconscious sense of who Merlin should be that he's kind of working toward reestablishing; it's a really neat way to bring in the past without them having their memories (and I agree, it was better without them remembering). I loved Gwaine knowing who Merlin was and the glimpse you showed us of Arthur being friends with the knights and Merlin's advice about Gwen mirroring what he'd said long ago. I loved Arthur taking care of Merlin, flipping the tables from how it was before, even if he does it with typical Arthur reluctance. And the ending was absolutely perfect, Arthur and Merlin sitting on the shores of Avalon, together and alive, and the sorrow disappearing in the joy of being home, and Arthur acknowledging Merlin as a friend like it should be obvious, and Arthur realizing without really knowing it that they're walking together into their destiny.

But my absolute favorite moment of your story is the moment when Arthur realizes Merlin has magic and not only accepts it, but it feels right. It's part of how he knows Merlin should be. That is enough to make me grin like an idiot, and I feel warm every time I read it. Arthur acknowledging that magic is part of who Merlin intrinsically is - beautiful.

You've written a lovely yet poignant story that is one of my favorite Merlin fics. Thanks for sharing it.
XYZArtemis chapter 7 . 12/22/2017
Such a good story! I read it all in one sitting :)
lillelouis chapter 7 . 4/2/2017
Oh my ... I cried a little just now. Really great.
I know I'm about three and years late, but thanks for sharing. Really delightful read :D
Thunderbird0106 chapter 7 . 1/30/2017
Hi, I don't know if you are still here. But I can't help it. This is so good. It really touched my heart, thank you.
Koala789 chapter 7 . 1/10/2017
*wide-eyed and still, slowly reaching over to hug Merlin* I... I... I don't even know... that was the most beautiful thing I've ever read. *blows nose* I'm as bad as Merlin right now. Just... Arthur's character, and Gwaines and Morganas and Gwens and MERLIN' S and the character development and the truth... just... wow. That's what I want to say, yeah. Completely and utterly WOW.
a.narnian chapter 7 . 1/6/2017
I read this a year or two ago, and happened to stumble across it again last night. Thank you for this story; I like the idea of Arthur helping Merlin 'become Merlin', even if he's not entirely sure why he's doing it at first. You capture Merlin's uncertainty and moments of fear persuasively, and the gentle process of bringing him out of that is quite touching to read.
projektrvolution chapter 7 . 8/31/2016
THIS WAS THE CUTEST BEST THING EVER! Thank you for sharing it!
Uniasus chapter 7 . 4/1/2016
I love that you didn't have them fully remember, i agree that it adds alot to the present reincarnation.
hiddenfiresindeed chapter 7 . 12/17/2015
Beautiful and incredibly moving. Thank you!
WatUCWatIC chapter 7 . 12/13/2015
This has reached new levels of perfection that I can't even describe them. The greatest echelon has been ultimately reached. This was a reincarnation of some of the show's best features in a world where Merlin's the one in need, and Aurthur's bane is unnecessary what with Camelot not being a thing in need. I love you. Okay, not really, I don't even know you, but this was awesome. Thank you for writing the rare reincarnation fic rather than a totally new modernAU, and thank you for being so good at it. I have overspent my welcome, I must fly away now.
middle-earthling chapter 1 . 9/23/2015
This is amazing! Also, I know this was written in like, 2012, and that you said this was inspired by Colin in Parked, but reading this now... I can't stop picturing Merlin as basically Leo Elster in Humans. I guess it must be because that again is Colin doing the lost and broken thing, plus he sort of looks in Humans the way you described (like, with the coat and all) but just, yeah. Anyways, good job! Really loving the story.
WrittinInStone chapter 7 . 8/5/2015
I thought this was an absolutely lovely story. Your decision at the end, not to include their memories from Camelot? I thought that was a good call. It would have been nice to see it, but I too think it would have taken away from it. Anyway, there aren't enough future!Merlin stories so I'm really glad to see this one and that it was so well done. Excellent job! Thank you for writing and I will happily be recommending this on my blog.