Reviews for Definition of Normal
Sagethorn chapter 6 . 3/12/2013
Woot, new chapter! Haha, I love it. Bowling! :D The Doctor sounds like my brother here, who sucks at bowling and always blames the ball for it, lol. I totally didn't see that last part coming at all, can't wait to see where that leads. Great chapter, as usual, and I'll be eagerly awaiting the next one! :3
1ttrobinson chapter 5 . 3/10/2013
This is a hoot. Looking forward to the next install.
olivia.23 chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
love this!
James Birdsong chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
Wonderful five chapters.
Sagethorn chapter 5 . 3/7/2013
I smiled as soon as I saw you had a new chapter up. This was great! I loved the phone conversation bit, it was funny. So bowling next chapter? That will be interesting, lol. Love this story! :3
betawho chapter 5 . 3/6/2013
Cool! I didn't know there was another chapter. Score one for more great story!

"She's got a bit of a point," Rory put in."

I can so hear Rory in that.

"No guns, no danger, no trouble, minimal excitement," the Doctor said.
There was silence as the Ponds contemplated that. Then Amy finally spoke. "You're really cramping her style then, Doctor."

"Oi, you, that's our daughter."

HA! I can just see Amy turning away from the phone to yell that at Rory. :D

"(River -unlike her parents, he had been pleased to note- liked bunk beds; the higher the better.)"

ROFL! I may fall out of my chair laughing at that.

"she dug in her heels… an act which may have helped anywhere else, but did absolutely no good on the glass TARDIS floors."

LOL! I can just see him skating her along! LOL!

Loved this. I was delighted to find out there were more chapters to come. I look forward to them. (I did remember that you told me there were more, but I forgot until I saw this in my emails. So it was a delightful surprise.)

Can't wait for the next chapter.
Sagethorn chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
*Facepalm* That Guest review was me, I keep forgetting to check if I'm logged in before reviewing. Anyway, I also meant to mention that I really love how well you keep everyone in character here. I can really hear their voices, which I usually can't do reading most fanfics. So, good job! Ciao, again! :3
Guest chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Yay, new chapter! :D OMG, I love this story! It's so cute and funny. This chapter started to get a little random, but I guess you can't keep things too 'normal' for too long before you need to toss in something like that, lol. I can't wait for the next chapter, it sounds like it will be good. Ciao! :3
betawho chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Aww, yeah, I can see River being frustrated that she couldn’t master a physical skill, and I can definitely see the Doctor being a patient teacher. He’s had centuries of experience at it.

I love that she’s having to battle with her hat! LOL!

Oh oh, yes, I love that whole explanation of why he wanted to give River something, just this normal fun experience, partly because he just liked being with her, partly because he suspected who she was to him, and partly for guilt. All for love. Yes.

And tears from River would just kill him.

"Everything is better with marshmallows."

Oh god! I can SO see 11 saying that. That is so completely him.

“a cartoonish ball of snow with skis and her hair sticking out of it...”

LOL! Wonderful image.

I love the comedy cartoon stop. Especially that it was River, not the Doctor. :D

"Oh… shut up." - I’m amazed it took her that long to say it.

I love, love River’s frustration at that hat! No wonder she shoots them. HEEE.

Now all we need is the Doctor to kiss her cold ears.

Lovely story. Now they’re off for brandy and marshmallows.
123yepthatsme chapter 4 . 3/1/2013
Favorite line: There's different, and then there's animal husbandry.
Sagethorn chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Haha, awesome chapter. Thanks for the laugh. Can't wait for the next one! :3
cmartlover chapter 3 . 2/25/2013
Great chapter! It's interesting to see River placed in a mundane situation like this where she doesn't totally understand what to do.
betawho chapter 3 . 2/24/2013
"River," the Doctor said, peering down at her, "what are you doing down there?"
Lying flat on her back, River put up a hand to shade her eyes, and squinted at him.
"Contemplating the Universe."

"of all the hats the Doctor owned, that he had been able to find one single ski cap that would fit her properly. With each minute that passed, she could feel her hair pushing it up until it perched, bell-like on top her head,"

LOLOLOLOLOL! I literally burst out laughing at that. I can so picture that. :D

"Doctor Song," he said, looming above her, "this isn't naptime! Why are you down there again?"

LOL! God, you don't know how much I needed a good laugh today. Thank you. And I can completely see the physically adept River being completely disgruntled by not being able to stay upright on her skis. Especially when the clumsy Doctor can do it. LOL!

I love it, she's terrified and doing everything wrong and scaring herself, he's perfectly calm and thinking she's doing it on purpose. I'm sitting here making all sorts of grunting, groaning, giggling noises at this, it's just too precious and hilarious to see daredevil River Song coming apart at the seams. :DDD

"Ah, River," he said, delicately. "You do know how to go slower when you ski, right? It's not all flying to the bottom of the mountain in a straight line."

LOLOLOLOL! I can just hear her squeaking that out bravely. I'm so laughing my ass off at this story. It's great.

Aww, that last three paragraphs just melted me. It's not often we get to see the Doctor being all protective of River, or River actually needing it. Very cool.

I extremely like this story.
Sagethorn chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
This story is awesome! It's funny and very nicely in-character. The next chapter sounds like it will be interesting, can't wait to read it! :3
jahmat chapter 2 . 2/22/2013
Oh, no! Klutzy 11 on skiis? Hurt comfort on the way?! Can't wait for the next installment! This is fun!
53 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »