Reviews for Strider bears the Ring-bearer
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
That was a really nice story. I like how Aragorn cares for Frodo. I'm also glad that Frodo convinced Aragorn that it wasn't his fault that Frodo almost died on the quest.
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Good story, and well-written.

I noticed some errors through this one-shot: In this sentence, "Of all the people inside it's walls, the man heard it first." "it's" should be "its", as this is describing the wall as an object and not a being or creature. In this sentence, in the same first paragraph, "Elven folk came to him, anointing him with healing oil and deftly applying bandages but he hardly saw them." there needs to be a comma after "bandages". In the second paragraph, "The wizard on the eagles back, the tiny form nestled in it's grip." the "it's" here needs to be changed to "its", unless spell checker or someone else says otherwise. Merely a guess here, but I think "its" is correct both times. In Aragorn's first dialogue, there needs to be a period between the end of "sorry" and before the quotation mark. A the end of Frodo's last dialogue, there needs to be a period after "for" and before the quotation mark. Although, I'm not sure about the "for" in this last dialogue. These are the errors I caught, but they seem simple enough to fix.

As for this one-shot, and I'm in agreement with other reviewers of this story, the relationship between Frodo and Aragorn in the books and the movies was something between a father and a son. I can tell, even in this one-shot, how much Aragorn is willing to do all he can to protect Frodo, in spite of Frodo letting the Ranger-turned-King know he's already done more than was asked.

Good work. Mind if I put this story in my community?

-Aria Breuer
OneGoldenSnitch chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Oh for Merlin's beard! This is just too awesome. I always imagined while watching the movie and reading the books, the relationship between Frodo and Aragorn as a father/son relationship and you such an amazing job writing them as that. I absolutely loved this fic, I've already read it three times and I could read it even more times, it's just...beautiful so GOOD, GOOD WORK :D Have a very nice day (:
ps: Oh and I apologize if I did make a mistake in spelling or something like that. I'm not an english speaker (I am from Argentina so I speak spanish) though I like the idiom! (:
hp1piececraziness chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Good fanfic! You write well. I always viewed the friendship between Frodo and Aragorn as a sort of father-son-ish relationship.
Rangerchild chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
this story is well written, I thought it was sweet and sad!