Reviews for A Kinder Killing
JamesTKent chapter 2 . 9/27/2013
. . . but I most certainly DID notice your homage to Andre Norton.
liesmyth chapter 2 . 7/13/2013
Interesting story - kudos!
The Unicorn chapter 2 . 6/15/2013
Very nice. I think you got Cordelia's character perfectly.
the Dah chapter 2 . 6/12/2013
Definitely interesting AU. I am looking forward where this is going. Thanks for sharing!
Navn Ukjent chapter 2 . 5/5/2013
Interesting direction of this story, and good update.
Gyreflight chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
Oh, lovely, another chapter! I saved it to read this weekend when I’d have time to appreciate it, and am now rubbing my hands in glee.

Hmm, someone’s playing 3d political chess, Cordelia’s been picked for a position that she knows isn’t just what it seems, Aral (and Ezar?) are Up To Something, and Simon’s been set to watch…everything.

I enjoyed the chance to see Cordelia in her element on the ship’s bridge (oh, and nice tip of the hat with the ‘Norton Forerunner’ there :-), paying attention to what’s being said and done (and not said and done) around her – which leads to her noticing Simon. Of course, that then begs the question; was she /meant/ to?

Definitely following this with much interest.
Smallcatharine chapter 2 . 5/4/2013
My compliments for another great chapter. So Serg was asassinated earlier, before he had the opportunity to mount the invasion of Escobar. It does seem to be an excellent opportunity for Ezar to do away with his unstable son with minimal suspicion and damage. Furthermore, it seems that Aral knows, but is he an accesory before or after the fact?

The ploy to use Cordelia to promote women's right seems to be Arals idea, but will he regret employing someone as clever as she? And what is her involvement with Beta's Secret Service?
wolf550e chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
Can't figure Ezar's plan. Why can't Barrayar declare they have found a route to Escobar? They are wiling to let the Nexus know about the route, after all. The ship on which Zerg was killed was obviously sabotaged, it didn't die in a jump. Is the subterfuge all about hiding this fact?
sizuka2 chapter 2 . 4/29/2013
Interesting. Nothing that wasn't already suspected from the first chapter, and still no sense of what Ezar (and Aral's!) endgame is. This chapter did, however, light the fuse - Cordelia now knows far too much for them to rest easily. She's also gained some degree of prestige, passing though it be. She was set up for the latter, and with Illyan right there, I can't suppose that the former went unnoticed.
Rorschach's Blot chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
Another good part.
erik chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
A well written and intriguing change to canon events.
Thessaliad chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
I love this story! Cordelia and Aral are so hard to get right in so many ways-they are both intelligent, dedicated, and strong-willed. The political machinations are also a treat!
tenchifew chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
Very interesting story.
Thank you for writing.
RakeeshJ4 chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
Fascinating. I wonder how much of Vorkosigan's non-Butcher status has to do with what was clearly a much more elegant plan to kill Serg and (likely) Vorrutyer? Though of course, MOPE is still a toothy factor that can't just be wiped out by convenient riot.
Susan M. M chapter 2 . 4/28/2013
Great Cordelia chapter - especially the bit about being a fugitive from the law of averages. She is right to be suspicious of Illyan.
42 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »