Reviews for Crash and Burn
peace for the night chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
This was my first time reading this pairing.

I really enjoyed this :)

Thanks for writing it :)
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
To tell the truth, I've never read this pairing before, but this fic really made me like it. The theme of fire was so well-woven in (Yes you used a line from Sparks Fly! :D) and the moral was great. This was amazing and I really have nothing to say because of it's sheer amazing-ness. So, amazing! XD
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
The circular nature of this piece was effective, not letting us forget the analogy or the emotions that come with it. It's well done, especially as it is proven that it's not exactly great, not exactly healthy, but that neither are the people.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Here's the thing.
I'm a WolfStar girl to the core.
But somehow, just somehow, you made me ship RemusRegulus while I was reading this fic.

And I think that says something about the awesomeness of it all.

Because that's what this fic is.

Awesomeness.

And I really don't have any other words that can explain how much I loved this fic.
Isilarma chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
This is brilliant. I've never read this pairing before, but the way you wrote it, as an obsession rather than love, made a lot of sense. Your characterisations were excellent; Regulus' anguish at the beginning was heart-breaking, and the similarities between the two of them were very well analysed. It all flowed well, and I didn't notice any major mistakes, so great job!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
So I don't ship this at all - I'm definitely more of a RemusSirius girl - but I adored this fic so much. I mean, first of all, I loved the little mention of Wolfstar, because I get happy whenever there's a little mention. I really like how you portrayed both Remus and Regulus, as well - both of them are dealing with their own problems, being a werewolf and a Death Eater, respectively, and I really like how you showed that. I really love the way you keep up the imagery of fire throughout the whole piece as well, and I adore the line 'Well, maybe it's less of just attracting and more crashing into each other at a hundred miles an hour; the sparks fly, the lights dance and the fire is lit.' - that's just absolute perfection, seriously. Beautiful, beautiful line right there. And 'Chalk and cheese' just made me laugh, because I have never heard that before in my life and it was just brilliant. But anyway, this fic was beautiful, and although I don't believe I've ever read RemusRegulus, I'm shipping it a little bit now because of this. Great work!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Wow this was fantastic, excellent portrayal of the desperation and their craving. You really made this pairing work and your writing is fantastic here.
Montley chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
You wrote this so beautifully with perfect imagery, and I really enjoyed it.
It was interesting to see the progression of their relationship, and how they realized in the end that they never love each other.
I loved the last passage the best, because it was so powerful, with clear messages and beautiful imagery.
Marvelous job!
articcat621 chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
I liked this, and you did their relationship wonderfully and very convincingly. I've never read anything like this so it was very unique. It was very doomed and tragic, but I couldn't help but feel moved by it. The quotations you chose were great as well, and you worked them in perfectly!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
I liked how you characterized the obsession of their relationship. That seemed real to me. in terms of SPaG, there were a few too many commas. Also, there were a lot of sentences that began with and. Most could have been removed. They took away from the flow of the story. Otherwise, good job.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Oooooooh, a very interesting pairing. If we're going Remus!slash, I think I do prefer RemusSirius, but this was nice. You captured their personalities nicely, that's for sure, and you know what, it's be a very interesting pairing to explore further.

Lovely job.
TechNomaNcer28 chapter 1 . 3/11/2013
OOH!My god!What a fic!The intensity of this and the feelings,somehow I can totally understand the way they both had each other even without real love!Gorgeous fic here,seriously!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Sharp and superb. Keep writing
Someone aka Me chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
JAS.
OMYGOD JAS.
I DON'T REMEMBER REQUESTING THIS BUT IT MAY POSSIBLY HAVE BEEN THE BEST DECISION OF MY LIFE BECAUSE THIS. HOLY GOODNESS, THIS. I DON'T THINK I CAN EVEN BE COHERENT ABOUT THIS BUT I'M DAMN WELL GOING TO TRY BECAUSE THIS DESERVES IT.

This is… precisely how I see them, in some ways (and not at all in others, but that's all good, because I like this way too). The inevitableness of their destruction. That. That is utterly perfect because they /cannot/ work, they simply /can't/, and you've just captured that absolutely wonderfully.

I knew from the very beginning this was going to be brilliant, because the second sentence was "Chalk and cheese." Which just makes me want to go lolwat? It's just brilliant.

"it's less of just attracting and more crashing into each other at a hundred miles an hour" HOLY GOODNESS I LOVE THIS LINE. BECAUSE YOU TOOK THAT CLICHÉ AND NOT ONLY DID YOU TWIST IT INTO SOMETHING ORIGINAL, BUT THAT SOMETHING ORIGINAL IS FABULOUS.

"And so the fire was lit. And he fell." This line just highlights brilliantly what I was saying earlier about the inevitability of their destruction.

JAS I CAN'T EVEN BE COHERENT ABOUT THIS I JUST CAN'T. THE PARALLELISMS. THE EXTENDED METAPHOR. THE FORESHADOWING. THE PERFECTION OF THEIR SCREWED UP RELATIONSHIP. THE ITTY BITTY WOLFSTAR REFERENCE. THE RANDOM PERFECT BITS OF SECOND PERSON. THOSE ITALIC PARTS.

I LOVE YOU.
I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU AND THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND PERFECT AND I CANNOT EVEN EXPRESS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW, OKAY?
(I still don't remember requesting this, but whatever made me request this pairing from /you/, I thank that part of me that made that decision, because I cannot imagine this being any more perfect than it is.)
(you are fabulous)
LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.
*explodes of love*
xhatoyant chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
Argh ... So many feels this gave me. T_T

I think you wrote their relationship so convincingly, how it was doomed from the very beginning. RemusRegulus is now going to be one of my ten-minute OTPs, when I read/see a really good fanfic/fanart about them and I just /ship them so hard/.

Great job. And I liked the little bit of Wolfstar in there. And I loved how you didn't give your readers everything; we have to figure things out and interpret your writing ourselves. It felt kinda rushed overall, but it didn't really matter as I was reading it. The abruptness only really hit me when I finished it.

But that doesn't mean this wasn't good - this was really really good. I enjoyed it very much and I think it depicted the horrible parts of their relationship (actually, the whole relationship was pretty horiffically beautiful in itself) very well. Keep writing!