Reviews for Indigo
Cheeky Slytherin Lass chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
I love how simple this was. You didn't waste words or overexplain. You just stated simple fact, but it was still so elegantly done.

I love color symbolism, so this was especially beautiful. I adore the way Parvati fits into every color of the rainbow, and the way she doesn't seem to truly fit anywhere, even if she's mostly indigo. I don't know why that stuck out or if I'm even making sense right now. But it's magnificent.

[ She is
everything. She is nothing at all.] Beautifully done. Accurate, and just fitting.
Satan Abraham chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Ooh, this is good. I enjoyed it.
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
This was utterly fantastic! I loved it. I loved how you described her using the colors of the rainbow. And how the color she feels the most is the last color of the rainbow. I liked that.

I love how each section started with [Some days, Parvati feels _] and ends with [Some days, she is _]. I think that was my favorite thing.

The red section was lovely. I mean she has to be angry sometimes that she is compared to Padma. Especially since everyone views Padma as the better sister, the smart sister. I liked it a lot.

I liked seeing Parvati in the orange section. Because she's happy, so happy. And she enjoys life. It's great to see that.

Yellow. I loved yellow. (and not because it was my favorite color.) She doesn't want to change anything because her life is great at that time, even though she doesn't admit her love for Lavender.

Green was awesome. I love how she felt alive. It's wonderful how you used the green. I wouldn't have thought of it at first.

Blue for sadness was expected. [Sadness is a paralytic] - I /loved/ this line. It's so real and lovely. Sadness is paralyzing. I know that.

I wasn't too much of a fan of the purple, but I don't see another meaning for purple. So you used it well. I liked the metephor for royalty and power. It was nice.

Indigo was lovely. [She is everything. She is nothing at all] - I love how these two lines are at ends with each other. Personally, though, I would've added "and" to the beginning of the second sentence.

[Most days, she is content. / And that is enough] - I loved this. It was a perfect way to end the fic. The way that she is okay with being content is perfect.

You know, as I was about to make the final thoughts, I realized that you went this entire fic without dialogue. I love how dialogue wasn't needed for this to get the point across.

But this was gorgeous and lovely. I loved this a lot!
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
The use of colours is a very nice touch. Keep writing
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Aw, I liked the last bit and how all the emotions were linked to a colour. :)
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
This was lovely. I loved the focus on the different sides of Parvati-it gives more depth to her. My favorite part was probably violet though because knowing everybody's secrets was a pretty interesting way of making her feel "royal". ;-)

The ending was great. Indigo was a nice way to sum the rainbow Parvati up-she is everything, yet nothing.

Great job-I loved this and it's on my favorites list. :D