Reviews for Intentions
BooksAreMedicine chapter 14 . 8/4
Arthur is in a touch spot but hopefully he will listen to the round table and Gwen, especially Gwen
BooksAreMedicine chapter 13 . 8/4
So glad Merlin got some hope and faith back :)
It was a trying time so I don't blame him for faltering but I'm glad he got it back.

Their conversation at the end was great, so honest and full of feelings.
Merlin had such great points too about changing the laws and taking time and not doing what's easy.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 12 . 8/4
I bet that list was a long one.

Gwen's opinion is my opinion :)

That confrontation had a lot less anger than I expected though I guess knowing it was all about protecting Arthur and Camelot first helped with that.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 11 . 8/4
It's good that both Arthur and Merlin have people who instead of filling their ears with advice, simply tell them to trust their hearts.

I'm glad Merlin could confirm everything, especially the Uther death bit and do so with such snark and wisdom mixed in, brilliant!

The repeat of the listen line was great, and well founded. Arthur does need to listen more and not make as much fun or be so ready to judge Merlin and they'd be closer on Merlin's side.

So disappointing about his choice to keep the status quo after all the good he's learned about magic saving him and Camelot. It fits with Arthur's character and upbringing but still disappointing.

Nice note to end, very dramatic.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 10 . 8/4
The "Because I believe in you" line was so impactful. I really enjoyed how Arthur got to learn that reason behind Merlin's loyalty and protection.
Nice idea to bring up the first time Merlin saved Arthur's life...I hope that comes back into play when the truth is revealed in full.

Frustrated Arthur but it would help him so much if he was more empathetic to good magic users and their need for secrecy.
Glad Merlin stood his ground about Emrys saving Camelot and why he should be allowed to stay hidden
So happy Arthur is staring to make the connection as to why sorcerers want to kill him beyond his usual, magic corrupted them and made them evil ideas

The hints about the dragon were funny

I love how Arthur is seeing beyond Merlin's mask now
BooksAreMedicine chapter 9 . 8/4
I like how the Courage and Strength got mentions in here, nice follow up to previous chapters.

Nice idea to start with the knights and loyalty.

Merlin is a smart one to figure out what Arthur planned.

Very cool how you have the Stone work, such a unique idea, just to sense feelings tied to intentions, not pure truth/lies.

I loved the ending where Arthur sees more of the full version of Merlin with all of his wisdom and heart and faith in Arthur.
Glad he sees how much protecting him means to Merlin
BooksAreMedicine chapter 8 . 8/4
Gwen is so smart. I like how she really listens to Merlin and Gaius about how magic can be good and how Emrys isn't like Morgana.
I hope she will be on Merlin's side despite the (necessary!) lies.
I like how she tries to comfort Merlin over Arthur's neglect/anger.
Smart of Merlin to bring up Cendred's views too.

Arthur would be better off if he trusted Merlin, case in point, every bad decisions since Valient (the one and only time he ever trusted Merlin purely at his word)

LOL at Arthur not even thinking that Gwaine and Merlin were strength and magic.
Still, I am enjoying his progress as he sees how Emrys is different from Morgana, and how much he protects and why Gaius wouldn't want to give him up.

Figures the traitor thing would be what convinces him
BooksAreMedicine chapter 7 . 8/4
Excellent point about Arthur never even asking Gwaine if Merlin goes to the tower, seriously? How hard would that be? tsk tsk

I'll say it again, Gaius is a cool cucumber, though that probably came from him surviving the Purge.

At least this time, Arthur doesn't doubt his loyalty and thinks about the reasoning (protecting Arthur is reason to keep Emrys a secret)

LOL about the "slow one" comment

I do love irritable Emrys...and then how he transitions to the wise version, so amazing
Glad so much truth has come out...hopefully Arthur thinks it all over.

But seriously? Blaming the tavern again? He really is blind when it comes to Merlin
BooksAreMedicine chapter 6 . 8/4
Gwen is so wise, I love how she sees right to the heart of the matter. Gaius is indeed protecting Emrys so Emrys can protect Arthur and save Camelot.
You go Gwen!
And she brought up an example of good magic too!

I absolutely love how honest Merlin is here. He finally told Arthur that he doesn't fear or hate all magic and that he thinks Emrys is doing good to protect Arthur.
I love how Merlin shared all of his fears with Arthur and his reasons for not coming forward too.

I like how the truth is coming out, about all the good Merlin/Emrys' has done and how he's equal (if not greater than) a knight in terms of protecting Arthur.

Good on Merlin to remind Arthur of his promise to the Druids too and the sword/true king thing.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 5 . 8/4
I'm glad Gaius was able to comfort Merlin.

I agree with Gaius' reasoning here about Arthur and Merlin and Merlin's choices.

Poor Merlin, trying to do what's right, so glad he didn't kill Morgana or Mordred and stayed true to his heart. That's why he's Emrys.

Arthur is making progress, but he's got a blind spot when it comes to Merlin.
Seriously, he has all the evidence he needed...Merlin was friends with a sorcerer, Merlin missed Dragoon's execution, Merlin had confessed previously, Merlin is a friend to him and Gwen and loyal to Arthur.
Still, the whole corruption thing and evil won't let him see Emrys as Merlin

Good thing Gaius was cleared this early though
BooksAreMedicine chapter 4 . 8/4
That's so awful for Coran. I'm glad Merlin was there to help.

Good for Arthur to see Merlin and Gwaine's skills
Arthur is slowly seeing the real (full version with all of his skills) Merlin

So happy Merlin is still trying to help magic's cause.

Glad Arthur is making slow progress, at least he seemed to realize the Gwen situation if not the Uther one and that not all sorcerers side with Morgana
BooksAreMedicine chapter 3 . 8/4
Arthur is so arrogant here...I'd know if there was a sorcerer here and if he saved my life...sure you would (not)

And how does he think Merlin gets things done? (he doesn't think about it)

Still, glad the Coran got to see Merlin/Emrys get the note and that they went off together :)

Poor Merlin, it is hard to have people have such high expectations of him, especially since he wasn't taught by the Druids.
BooksAreMedicine chapter 2 . 8/4
The poor boy...I do hope Merlin comforts him soon!

Smart Arthur to finally (and I mean finally!) realize that Dragoon/Emrys helped save him and Gwen.

Glad they found the boy's note, hopefully someone tells the boy that.

Gaius is so smooth...take Merlin with you...way to help the cause Gaius :)
BooksAreMedicine chapter 1 . 8/4
Merlin tries so hard but balancing all of his duties is impossible.

I hope he and Gaius can comfort the boy.

Nice hints of the Emrys mystery for Arthur too
That was funny, Arthur telling Merlin to help the child escape.
Great chapter.