Reviews for Invictus
Naunet42 chapter 1 . 9/26/2016
Ok, the story and the writing was amazing. But the end really could have been different, especially with the sequel uncompleted. It feels... extremely unsatisfactory. But still one of the best fics I've read :)
Key chapter 16 . 8/9/2016
What an absolutely heartbreaking story. And just when I was desperately rushing for that hug at the finish line - the plot thickens. And not in a good way. I feel a little cheated. I'm going to have to go read the sequel now, won't I?!
Guest chapter 16 . 5/2/2016
awesome stuff
JasmineDragon22 chapter 16 . 2/11/2016
Rocking awesome fic. Sucked me in from start to finish. Looking for the sequel now :)
wheresmybook chapter 16 . 1/25/2016
Oh, oh my gosh. This story, this freaking story was so PERFECT. I had pretty much gotten out of the Kenshin fanfiction scene, and just sort of randomly decided I wanted to read a short one (starting it at way-too-late-o'clock), so I very nearly scrolled past this one. Your story has cost me so much sleep, but it has been every minute worth it. You've made me fall in love with the characters all over again, I love the pacing... the whole time I was wishing for Kenshin to get better, but the you kept it so believable by not allowing him to magically wake up one day and be fine. Though I did keep yelling at you for the whole last chapter and epilogue... something along the lines of "no, no, no, you don't have very much longer, you have to get started on the happy ending now! Now? Now!? NOOOOOO!"
Which of course means that I'm rushing over to the sequel. This was awesome. Thank you so much for writing it.
KuroitsukiNoMai chapter 16 . 1/22/2016
Wow. That was... an insane journey in just 17 chapters. I cried so often T.T Thank you so much for posting and sharing this with us. You built an amazing, dynamic world, and I love how it's similar and yet completely different from the canon world. When I reached the end of this epilogue I was actually SHOCKED (how could you just end the story without resolving Kenshin/Kaoru's relationship?), but then, of course, I was absolutely ELATED to hear that there's a sequel. Again, thank you very much for sharing this. On to the sequel! :D
TheDiamondSword400 chapter 16 . 1/20/2016
WOWWOWWOW!
enough said.
c.mary.c chapter 16 . 11/29/2015
This is one of the best fics I've encountered on this site, my god you are talented. The letters back and forth between Kenshin and Kaoru gave me life, and the letter he wrote declaring his love for her had me smiling like an idiot in public, it was wonderful. I love the way you've written how his thoughts go to paper -it makes me feel the way I do when I read classic English literature and it's simply beautiful. I write Fullmetal Alchemist fics, and I will definitely be referencing your work as an example for my writing to live up to. Bravo!
c.mary.c chapter 6 . 11/25/2015
This is one of the most well-written fics I've ever encountered, you have a real talent. The pacing is good, you convey emotion beautifully and accurately,
and I'm impressed with how deeply you've thought about what it means to be a slave -how to speak to a slave, how sentences are interpreted by slaves. This is currently my favorite morning subway read, and I'm excited to continue:)
Althea M chapter 16 . 9/5/2015
I truly enjoyed this story. It was so...painful. It became so...uplifting. And then, when Kenshin, the man, returned to Kaoru, I was left agape! What happened? How could it end here? And who is that evil shadowy figure.

I will look forward to the sequel. I hope that it will answer my questions.

Beautiful work.

AM
Mizz Loon chapter 16 . 6/12/2015
Oh, real nice, you just had to leave us with a cliffhanger didn't you? Well it is a fantastic story however irritating the cliffhanger is and look forward to reading more of your stories. You sneaky devil. Chow!
AI chapter 16 . 5/11/2015
interesting. Enjoyed it, thanks for writing!
8oclocksleeper chapter 16 . 4/27/2015
This story was a masterpiece. I can't imagine the thought process and the amount of creativity that went into the last chapter alone. Kenshin's last letter was beautiful, and I was really hoping for a sweeter reunion. What a cliffhanger! I'm really looking forward to reading your sequel.
Lamelinam chapter 16 . 4/22/2015
HAve you by any chance read A song of Ice and Fire, aka Game of thrones ?

"Go, live and become", Kaoru to Kenshin
Lady NeverAfterNon chapter 16 . 4/8/2015
holy cats this was awesome. favorite!