Reviews for One Thousand Years of Orchids
Nightwing'snight chapter 1 . 3/23/2014
your note was almost longer than your story
Meitian chapter 1 . 1/7/2014
Techinically, that hair belief is a bit more recent. Relatively, this is millennia-old China we are talking about.

Which is why Disney may have felt comfortable cutting her hair (it's hard enough to pinpoint the film's dynasty as it is.)
the spooky soup chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
i like it, but her sons name should be Ping... just sayin'
DR4G0lV chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
This is excellently written. I like the thought and reasoning that you place behind this story.
Violets and Lilies chapter 1 . 5/8/2013
Oh, very interesting! I enjoyed reading this and thank-you very much for the explaining at the end. That makes it even better! That's really interesting that you lived in China for a time. Was it Hong Kong, or mainland China? When I was little, Hong Kong wasn't China, but that's a longer time ago that I think sometimes...time does fly, doesn't?
daianapotter chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
cute but sweet )
zeFluffleTruffle chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Lovely. As a Chinese-American, I am glad how you incorporated Chinese pingying and a more accurate depiction of Chinese culture in here. Though, I still like Disney's Mulan, because I still act like a kid :P. The poem is beautiful too. I have one more thing to mention. When I address my mom in Mandarin, I just call her "ma ma", not mu qing. That's what everyone I know who speaks Chinese does also. Personally I think that calling your mom mu qing is more formal, but then, this IS ancient China...Okay, sorry for bothering you. I'm such a weirdo.