Reviews for Who We Pretend To Be Isn't Who We Really Are
The Original Horcrux chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Aww this was so cute! I loved how after Remus gets kicked out by Tonks that he thinks on how he's been treating her and then realises that beyond everything, he loves her a lot and even though her name will be tainted he can tell that she loves him too. The end was just adorable! Great job!

DFTBA
Nayla xx
dimitrisgirl18 chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Awww :) How sweet! Remus/Tonks is one of my all time OTPs, so I loved this fic. I'm not quite sure when it took place, but that's alright, because it doesn't particularly matter. I also really liked the title and the relation to the fic-it was kind of poetic and it's very true. One thing that you could improve on is the flow of your sentences, though. Sometimes it helps to have longer sentences instead of a few short ones.

Great plot, I liked the progression (and Remus's declaration of love :D), and you did very well!
Fading to Black chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
Remus is definitely hesitant because of the whole werewolf card, but he's actually a very emotional person despite his ability to think things through logically. I believe that your portrayal of him was spot on, and well done.
Ralinde chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
I absolutely love this stronger side of Tonks, I can imagine her being fed up with it eventually. One can only take so much after all.

I think it's great that /that/ - the fact that she pushes him away -turns out to be what makes him come around.

I think you had both of them in character, Tonks strong side and Remus' putting-himself-down side.
starlight.moon.princess chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
A lovely story :)

Your characterizations of both Remus and Tonks are well done, and I love that you have a strong Tonks in this piece. It's different from the usual downtrodden, woe-is-me characterization of her post Remus turning her down.

Well done :)
Montley chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
This was a really sweet story, and I loved how Tonks had to push him in the right direction to realize those things about himself. You did the angst part really well, describing it very nicely.
I really enjoyed the ending, where thye reconciled. I really do love the pairing.
Great job!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
CRYING CAUSE THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. Brilliant characterisation, I love how you portrayed the emotion going on between them both it was brilliantly fantastic and eek. love it.
Isilarma chapter 1 . 3/24/2013
I love Remus and Tonks, and you captured both of them brilliantly in this, from Tonks' frustration, to Remus' self-loathing. Remus' conversation with himself was especially effective, and I liked the repetition of the 'we are who we pretend to be' theme. Great job overall, well done.
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
I think your characterization of Remus was excellent; the way he puts himself down is very much in-character for him, considering how we see him do it in canon. His thoughts and emotions here just fit with his character so well; you wrote him very well. I think this is a very original take on how Remus and Tonks got together. I don't think I've really seen anything quite like it before, to be honest, where Tonks throws him out of the house because she believes he's just stringing her along. I can kind of picture her throwing him out, although her reaction might be just a little too over-the-top. Spelling and grammar were pretty good, just a couple things I'd like to point out specifically - apparating and firewhiskey should both be capitalized. I like the way the angst of the beginning sections changes to romance in the last one; the switch was handled beautifully. Nice work.
Lily meet Ginny chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
When you said she had a blanket wrapped around her and her hair was mussed up, I was expecting for there to be another man at her house. I did wonder how Tonks managed to get Remus to pull his head out of his arse. She did a good job of it here. She was forceful enough but emotional enough to appeal to both sides of Remus. Great characterizations and great job.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 3/18/2013
Awww, I love this pairing and this was really sweet. I think you characterised Remus and his thoughts really well. It is what he thought during this time, and I loved Tonks in this too. The forgiving person that she is :D

Well done.
Crownfall chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Aww, I was so sad when Tonks slammed the door. Your writing nudges my heart. ;(
loveislouder94 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
A very sweet and enjoyable read, and you accurately pinpoint Remus' insecurities. Well done. :)
Empress Empoleon chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
That was really cute! I loved it. :) Remus and Tonks are adorable, aren't they?

You had the angst part perfect. My favorite part was probably when Remus was convincing himself that he was wrong. It was really realistic.

["Remus?" She called out, hoping it was him.]

["No Remus. I can't do this anymore. I love you Remus, and you know I do. Yet you continuously shoot me down. Seeing you here, coming around and acting like you care; it's pure torture! Do you like hurting me Remus? Do you!" She shouted at him.]

All the dialogues with question marks or exclamations in your story have the person who said it capitalized, which is wrong if it's a pronoun. (What I mean is that she would be lowercase.)

["Yes, it's me." He responded.]

He should be lowercase. :)

Other than the dialogue mistakes, this was perfect. Good job, and good luck in my competition!
Angelus Draco chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
Excellent little story; lovely to see Remus come to his senses.

Laters