Reviews for Watching the Watchman
Kay Hau chapter 6 . 4/4
Love your stories revolving around these three! This one is amazing and very much recommended to all Star Trek fans! Great job!
BrokenKestral chapter 3 . 2/8
You captured the vulnerability of those watching a loved one die very well; it was impressive, and painful, and made the ending that much better.
BrokenKestral chapter 2 . 2/8
I could HEAR Kirk saying that line about backseat drivers.
And it made me laugh that the sound of arguing is what made Dr. McCoy realise he is home. That is such a Dr. M character trait.
BrokenKestral chapter 1 . 2/8
This-was possibly one my favourite things of yours I've read so far. Dr. McCoy is, I will admit, my favourite character (when he's not annoying me). And this was beautifully written.
Rainbow Prime chapter 6 . 5/29/2018
Aw...but his return and subsequent help in defeating whatever it was that was behind the Nexus (I never got around to watching Generations...) would have got him an even bigger hero's memorial! It'd be like, James T. Kirk: The Man that even Death Itself couldn't Keep Down.
Eirwyn chapter 6 . 3/24/2018
The final part reminds me of the Afterdead series by Donna Barr. She'd created comics with a variety of characters for years, then threw all that out the airlock and created a world where people from our dimension or whatever go when they die. Her main character finds himself there and gradually settles in...and then he begins finding others he knew in his past life are also here, though at first they don't seem to remember they had lived elsewhere before this. There are also characters from other of her comics scattered through this place.
I'd actually enjoy seeing you run wild with your afterlife idea here. Since having everybody so placid is boring, would the guys go around rattling everybody back to their proper selves? Who set all this up, and what would they think about these three reclaiming their memories and will? Why would they create such a doggone boring afterlife? This would make for fun reading!
the midnight Mel chapter 6 . 8/8/2017
I continue to love your Triumvirate. You write all three of them so well. Thanks for posting. :)
WeirdLittleStories chapter 2 . 4/6/2017
Love Spock rampaging through the pirate ship with a ginormous gun, then being all sweet and gentle with McCoy.
KayValo87 chapter 5 . 1/16/2017
Aw, this one was really sweet.

Sorry I don't have much to say beyond that, but I've never been a fan of stories based on the latter films when they are old. (I guess it reminds me that so many of the original cast-members are gone now.) Nice chapter though.
KayValo87 chapter 4 . 1/16/2017
I like that McCoy got the last word ... well, last insult anyway. ;)

There are so many ways to protect someone, it's nice that you explored this one.

BTW, I may have "flip(ped) my lid" when I got REALLY close to the end of this chapter and accidentally hit the next button before I knew what happened to Spock. (My exact words were "wait - no, NO, NOOOO!")
KayValo87 chapter 3 . 1/16/2017
As someone who has nursed someone through illness, this chapter is very emotional. (Alas, in my case, there was no Spock to come through with a magic cure ... Rest in peace, Rod.)

Onto a happier note, I love how Kirk came in at the end and got McCoy to share his bed. (To me that was an almost sibling reaction as I used to share the bed with my sister whenever I was scared.) Of course, him falling out of the bed when Spock came in was simply PRICELESS! :)
KayValo87 chapter 2 . 1/16/2017
Okay, so here are my exact thoughts when starting this chapter ...

Someone kidnapped McCoy - SOMEONE IS ABOUT TO DIE!

Seriously, there are just some things you don't do if you want to live a long and pain free life. As far as Kirk and Spock are concerned, messing with Leonard McCoy is right at the top of that list. (Other names go along with his, but those vary depending on which of their lists you are looking at.) They might have well told Scotty the Enterprise was worse than a garbage scowl and ask about turning her into scrap metal!

Anyway, great chapter. I loved the rescue (especially since they didn't wait for back-up, because ... you know ... they WOULDN'T).
KayValo87 chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Oh my goodness, oh my GOODNESS! I LOVE THIS!

When Spock broke the tricorder ... oh my goodness, I just about died at the sweetness he was showing. (Funny how my love he showed McCoy while his eyes were raging.) And Jim! When Jim found out ... oh my goodness, his reaction was SO spot on.

I want to read it again, but there are more chapters ... I can always come back later. ;)
Random Ruth chapter 6 . 1/15/2017
Really good stuff! :)
Guest chapter 6 . 12/27/2016
Indeed, some things remain universal. Thanks for the awesome set of shots. I'll just...go and hide in a corner now and decide whether to be content with the ending or crying my eyes out...