Reviews for The Cohabitation Experiment
glenna37811 chapter 22 . 3/19
I just finished reading your story.
i absolutley loved it!
I really hope that there is a sequel.
Long live shamy.
Michelle Rouse chapter 22 . 3/12
Really enjoyed your story and hope for a sequel.
shamour chapter 22 . 2/14
Really sweet story, just read it all at once, although I always imagined he would first have to resolve all of his intimacy issues before they would move in together, I liked it a lot!:-)
ShAmy4eva chapter 22 . 12/29/2014
I totally loved this story. Their growing understanding of each other and Amy's increasing sleep overs. As in a previous story of yours every chapter seemed to have something I would want to highlight that I would just be retelling the story. However I did find it interesting how you sort of foreshadowed the ILY scene in Prom. When Amy here gets a small make over, Sheldon is unable to look at her during their date because is is so affected by her. Panic attack anyone.

Have also just made a great discovery, you have written a third story in this series - thank you
Guest chapter 22 . 11/20/2014
Great story, great Shamy development :-) Full of genuine love. Going to search for your other stories now! P.s loved the quote at the end :-)
dranquist chapter 18 . 10/23/2014
What a perfect ending to another delightful, little chapter! It's so wonderful how Sheldon looked at her with love where she found him the next morning in the living room, a love that didn't need to be spoken, and that Amy considered him her best friend, which was stated so sweetly in these few lines-"Penny is my bestie. She is my best girlfriend, but you are my best friend. There's nothing I can't tell you. There's nothing that I don't want to tell you."-Just perfect, so well stated by the character and by you as the writer. I love how Sheldon pulled her close to him then as if to convey that he felt exactly the same way. I also really enjoyed how Sheldon invited her to play paint ball with he, Leonard, and Penny, and how much he was wowed by her when he saw her in the jumper for the first time. That would be amazing to see on the show, that look of admiration in his eyes at her appearance! I loved his pride in her when she proved to be a natural at the game and won it with Penny by her side. Cute that Penny wanted to start their own team along with Bernadette. The final lovely touch of the chapter was Amy admitting in her mind that it was getting harder to go home, easier to stay with Sheldon. So sweet, so wonderful to imagine! As I said at the start of this review, the ending was perfect, the final line so cute, and even a little whimsical and funny. Smartly done! I really enjoyed this chapter, as I do all of your delightful chapters! Looking forward to more, my friend! :) P.S. It was pretty comical how Sheldon admonished her for breaking formation; that is so typically in character for him, but that's why it's all the more funny and cute! Nice touch!
dranquist chapter 17 . 10/14/2014
Ah, this was delightfully cute and sweet, and there were so many wonderful, little gems contained within it! I love how he was proud of her noticing the errors at the museum as he would do, and that he wasn't miffed at all as he would be if others had done it. Further on, it was really sweet and lovely that he bought the train for her, which brought this favorite line -" Harry Potter, a train, Lego, and my woman. I don't think I could beat that night."-I adore the way Sheldon Cooper sees his world and her place in it, as it's all so matter of fact, just like when Amy questioned him about her being his woman and with him reminding her that he was her man. When she thought that was okay, his response "I'll always be yours" was perfect. I love the inherent sweetness in this story as with all of your wonderful tales of them! It reminds me of how easily Sheldon accepted Amy into his life, and how in this story he acknowledges that they will one day be husband and wife as if it's something he had known his entire life and accepts as easily as he accepts any profound truth of the universe he has studied for years. I really enjoy, too, in this story, and in this chapter in particular, how Amy is realizing and becoming aware that Sheldon's words that she is too antsy (always trying to rush to the next milestone or phase of their relationship) are true, and that she is going to try and make a conscious decision to just be in the moment with him and savor it. Her rush to move on makes her in many ways like women in general, myself included, but perhaps her "antsy-ness" comes as much from having spent years before Sheldon alone and waiting, even if she didn't realize she was. Perhaps being denied for so long is a large cause of her rush to get to the finish line, so to speak. In any case, it's very smart on your part as the writer to have her becoming self aware and trying to make a concerted effort to change this facet of her personality or bad habit she has fallen into it. So there is a thing or two Sheldon Cooper can teach Amy Farrah Fowler, even when it seems she is more often teaching him or enlightening him to social mores and the way of relationships in this day and age. All and all, another lovely chapter, and this final thought of Amy's when Sheldon answered without hesitation her question of where he'd like to go (Switzerland and Stockholm, of course!) was the icing on the top of the cake-Amy smiled at Sheldon's confidence. It was the same finality that he had when he spoke about their eventual wedding.-Perfect! Nicely done, my friend! Looking forward to more! :)
dranquist chapter 16 . 9/27/2014
Oh, my word! Where do I start?! First, I have to say how wonderful it was that the gang oversaw them kissing, and how I loved Sheldon casually dropping the line about them getting married so matter of fact like-"If I promise you that I will dance with you when we get married, will you let me beg off tonight?"-completely wonderful, and the clincher for me had to be this line-"This journey with you has been one of the greatest pleasures of my life."-Such a supremely, beautiful statement, and yes, romantic, as Amy said! Every man should say that statement to his partner at least once in a lifetime! The final line of the chapter was perfect, too, because it was so Sheldon, and therefore, so cute and funny in every way, and wonderfully reminiscent of the show! Lovely, little chapter! You make each one sweeter than the one before it! I look forward to the next one very much! Well done, my friend! :) P.S. I almost forgot how much I loved the way Sheldon chastised Amy by pointing out to her that she was so antsy to get to the finish line while he was enjoying the journey. A profound thought of Sheldon's, well stated, and well written, by you the writer. Also, I really enjoyed how he chastised Amy for letting the girls in his room. She side stepped that one quick enough though, which is always fun. Delightful fun! Can't wait for more!
dranquist chapter 15 . 9/16/2014
Oh, that was so wonderful how Sheldon admitted how much he liked her outfit! I loved these lines of his particularly-That dress might set the entire field of physics back." He turned his head to look her directly in the eyes and his blue eyes scalded. "I like that dress."-That acknowledgment was divine! I also loved how they tried to kiss again, albeit ever so awkwardly, but it was nice how Amy got it going again when Sheldon was sounding defeated. I was surprised Leonard beforehand had told them to keep it to the bedroom. Sheldon had a good point when he responded with this line-"Why? You don't."-That was perfect! I never would have thought Leonard would have a problem, but maybe it's just so new and strange for anyone to see them going at it, which is cute and funny all at once. It made me a little sad that Sheldon had to remind her that she didn't live there, even though he wants her there to sleep with him. Interesting dilemma. I hope it occurs to him all the benefits of having her there with him all the time, not just part of the time. Though this was a brief, little chapter, it was sweet and fun, and I enjoyed it greatly, as I do all your lovely chapters! Looking forward to the next! :)
dranquist chapter 14 . 9/14/2014
Oh, going over my list of favorite stories the other day, I rediscovered this, and I can't believe I had overlooked it or gotten away from it these past two months, remembering instantly just how much I loved it and why I loved it! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it again, because this chapter reminded me immediately of all the many aspects I loved about it, its sweetness, its charm, and especially their closeness here, even with this part where he was trying to not look at her. What I loved specifically about this chapter was that Amy got Sheldon to admit WHY he wouldn't look at her and appeared to be ignoring her; I loved that he asked her to stay the night; I loved that he told her why he was afraid to risk what they had and how each step they took increased the risk exponentially. That was perfect reasoning for why he holds back or has held back for so long on growing more intimate, and I really loved that in that last sentence, he questioned to himself her statement that she had loved him for years! That was perfect, too, as was them falling asleep in each other's arms. There really is so much charm and sweetness to them and their relationship, and you capture it perfectly in this chapter and in your story. I look forward to seeing how they continue to move closer from here, and I promise to not let this story get buried under again! It may take a week or two for me to get to the next chapter, but I'm going to stay on top of it this time as this story is too good to be overlooked a second time! At any rate, wonderful job, my friend! It was every bit as good as I remembered! :)
dranquist chapter 13 . 7/29/2014
Oh, this chapter made me so sad at the end, but I think I know what the trouble is, and I can't wait to read the next chapter to see if I'm right. Poor Sheldon! Flummoxed again by his own feelings getting the better of him, and poor Amy for being in the dark about it until he explains, and what a shame for all the fine progress they had been making, and especially in how cute and sweet they were playing the Mystic Warlords of Ka'a game at the beginning of the chapter. I can't wait to hear his explanation, as I hope he will give her in the next chapter. I guess they are bound to have some more stumbles along the way before they are fully committed to each other. I love that Leonard was a little jealous of Sheldon and Amy, and that he recognized that their relationship, while different from others, including his own, was also sweet and real love, too. That was a lovely thought. At any rate, can't wait for more! On a side note, I wish just once they would have Amy made up special on the show like in your story to see Sheldon's reaction. Even if they would just once let her hair be curled, that would be so wonderful. Thank you for giving us that treat here. It's been fun to imagine it! :) Nicely done!
dranquist chapter 10 . 7/27/2014
Even though there wasn't much of Sheldon and Amy in this chapter together, I did enjoy it for her time with the girls and for getting Sheldon to agree to let her keep some of her things at his place! What a true, blue miracle! Hopefully, he will continue to grow in this regard. It was humorous how he apologized to her for 25 minutes when he brushed her breast, as she related the tale of it to the girls. There's no doubt that Sheldon is a real comical figure, but moments like that make him seem doubly so, wonderfully so! Keep up the great work! Can't wait to read more!
dranquist chapter 12 . 7/26/2014
Oh, how lovely this chapter was, especially Sheldon not being able to sleep well without his Amy! I just love that! I also love that he gave her a key and also invited her to nap with him. So perfectly sweet. It was cute, as well, how he added the word "babe" to his note his left for her next to the bed. It's lovely as well that Amy admitted to herself that playing with Sheldon's trains was more fun than she originally believed. That was sweet as well. I like that you're taking your time with building up their intimacy levels here without having them resort to sex right away. That build-up should pay-off nicely once they finally do do it! Can't wait to read more! On a side note, somehow I managed to skip Ch. 10; I'm not sure how, but at any rate, my reviews are out of order now; however, I will read or reread that chapter and post a review soon! So Sorry about that! :)
dranquist chapter 11 . 7/26/2014
Oh, so lovely and sweet. I love that she took a genuine interest in his hobby, since it's such a joyful one for him. It was cute that she ran the train off the track, something I use to do myself when I played with trains. I love that he guided her the second time with his hand over hers and that he put his arm around her as she slept on the couch next to him. I especially love how she called him "babe" and joked about his "caboose". I love drunk Amy or slightly inebriated Amy. It's always great when either character is intoxicated, because then inhibitions start to melt away, making way for some delightful flirtation and emotional honesty. Thank you for creating a wonderful scene where that scenario could play out. Well done! Looking forward to more! On a side note, it was cute how she knocked in the pattern and style of him, and that she caused him to be in violation of his own roommate agreement by her taking Leonard's cookies. That was very cute and funny! :)
dranquist chapter 9 . 7/21/2014
Oh, this is just lovely how they ended up staying together two nights a week instead of one. I'm so glad he was happy to see her in spite of his bad day and that he didn't want her to leave, even after her mistake of initiating an open mouth kiss or trying to anyway. His reaction to it was about what I'd expect from the character, but I like that he was willing to work harder. I also liked that Amy told him ahead of time that she was going to kiss him. I often forget with Sheldon that his many hang-ups are not just simply annoyances for others but real issues he has, as he explained to Penny in the Season 6 episode "The Cooper-Kripke Inversion"; that you wrote Amy's dialogue to show she is aware of that fact and sensitive to it really stands out and makes the scene more realistic. Well, done! I also have to say that I really enjoyed Amy's thought about their height differences. I have always loved that about them as well. I think it's particularly sweet when they stand right next to each other, when the difference really stands out. I believe it makes their relationship somehow sweeter. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it has something to do with protectiveness. At least I have always felt that myself, personally, with a taller man, as I am only 5'2". I imagine that when Sheldon hugs Amy at her size that he engulfs her in that embrace with the height, long arms, big hands, etc. At any rate, I appreciate your reference to it in your story. So looking forward to more!