Reviews for The Taste of Ashes
Yemi Hikari chapter 1 . 6/14
The one-shot - I hesitate a few times in picking it up, yet I found this to actually be a nice read.
Me chapter 1 . 11/1/2018
Gayness is wrong.
Blouta chapter 1 . 4/30/2018
I don’t usually read Jet/Zuko because I have a hard time seeing how it would work. But this was beautiful. I can’t definitelt see how Jet’s obsessive nature could get transferred to Zuko. Heart breaking good.
CeliaBlair24 chapter 1 . 9/17/2017
This was a surprising read. Surprising in that it was entirely fascinating and totally heart wrenching. Jets lust was as undeniable as his hatred of the fire nation and that moment when you revealed that "Lee" was Fire Lord Zuko... that one just sold this for me. This was so beautiful, wonderful and surprisingly enough, I LOVE IT
pinkypiejr12 chapter 1 . 12/27/2015
That was awesome. I can't use words to describe how much I enjoyed that
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2015
Absolutely mesmerizing piece. The twisted, complicated one-sided relationship comes across strongly and believably, with a deep and insightful take on Jet's character.
CharmedRavenclaw chapter 1 . 5/30/2015
This was so good - one of the rare good jetkoish fics. Well done!
NeverTooMuchInspiration chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
An interesting take on such a meeting. Thank you for writing and posting this!
firedragongirl chapter 1 . 11/17/2013
I absolutely love this piece. It's amazing, and it's as I can feel Jet's hate radiating off the descriptive words. It's powerful and all-consuming. Thanks for the wonderful fic!
literaryrxn chapter 1 . 7/24/2013
Whoa, that was intense. You made me feel really sorry for Jet . Poor guy XD
Silver wolf chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
WOW! That was DEEP! That was amazing you did a great job on this! Like, fuck how do I explain this it's like you put a good amount of feeling into it! You didn't put to much yet you didn't put to little! It was just right! I hope you will post more chapters!;-) don't stop writing!
murfsboi chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
...that was painfully wonderful. Painful in the feels and the almost tangible pain jet felt, wondeful that you wrote this thing. Thank you!

Ps. I hate you for this.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
OMG, dude, I love it! It's awesome! I really want to spaz right now about how much I love it, but I'm controlling myself.

I love how you had Jet describe Zuko, and I loved the way you portrayed Jet's angst and his general feelings. I'm a sucker for onesided Jetko, and this was perfect! Non-explicit, but so very Jet.

"You," Jet said in a voice that trembled far too much for his likings. — liking?

I don't know how to properly express how much I adored this ficlet (I swear everything you write is exactly what I like, lol), so I shall stop here. Great job!
chromeknickers chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
I love your description of Zuko's face. It's just perfect. And, wow, was this intense. I don't read slash; I don't even really like slash, not because of the subject matter but because most fanfiction authors stretch the characters and the story to the point of absurdity, but you have executed this one-sided Jetko flawlessly. I fully believe Jet's hate and lust for Zuko. The wonderful imagery and beautiful prose also helped my enjoyment of this ficlet. ;)
Kainaku chapter 1 . 2/21/2013