Reviews for Shattered
Paola1967 chapter 6 . 7/19/2013
I liked this story very much. Hope to read more from you soon.
NarrowBridge chapter 6 . 6/14/2013
""For me, it was never about forgetting." He dropped his hands down to rest upon her shoulders. "When the Dark Curse was cast, I kept my memories. I lost the ability to use magic."
Very interesting! I wonder how that felt to him that first day...probably more crippling than the return of his limp!
I love the sweet ending of this story. :)
NarrowBridge chapter 4 . 6/14/2013
AH HA! I knew it! :D
Also, would you believe me if I told you I was hoping the show's writers would have Belle simply feign amnesia? I was SO looking forward to an incredible, intense story arc on the show that involved her running a double life, and perhaps even serving as a sort of "double agent" for both Hook/Cora and Rumple/the Charmings. Well, at least I'm getting part of that wish here!
NarrowBridge chapter 3 . 6/14/2013
"Ruby did nothing as Mildred pumped the drugs into her system. Some friend." YES! I am STILL irritated with the way Belle's loved ones responded to her horrible treatment in the hospital. When Rumple mentioned the drugs in "Lacey," I just couldn't believe it. He'd known all along about what Nurse Ratched was doing, and did NOTHING?! Oy vey. Unacceptable.
Now that my rant is over, I am excited to discover what this means: "The porcelain warmed her hands as she recalled how her fingers brushed against his each time she offered him a hot drink on a cold morning." Is Belle remembering?! Oh, I hope so!
NarrowBridge chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Nurse Mildred's behavior here chills me to the bone... The condescension in each command and her over-reliance on the administration of sedatives makes her quite a nightmare to behold!
Also, I just adore this simile: "It was as if she had been hollowed out by a woodcarver, and nothing had been put back in." The imagery is evocative and consistent with the "fairytale" under(over?)tones in this story and the show!
NarrowBridge chapter 1 . 5/28/2013
I just love how you have captured the mental "limbo" in which Belle found herself following the incident at the town line. I found this particularly striking: "Their affection unsettled her, especially when she could assume nothing, answer nothing, and feel nothing in return."

Your use of parallel construction here is brilliant! It reads like a mantra, which, considering how the chapter begins, quite effectively puts the reader in a frame of mind similar to that of amnesiac!Belle. Wonderfully executed!
Warrior717 chapter 2 . 5/20/2013
This scene broke my heart when I watched it, and I felt the same emotions as I read this. I feel very sorry for Belle here because she is just so lost. I really like how you dove into her thoughts here, and I found what happened after the cup broke to be an interesting twist and also very believable. I could definitely see the nurses, who keep loading Belle up with drugs, believing that she would have hurt herself intentionally even if it isn't true. Nice writing, and I look forward to reading chapter 3! :-)
RottenAmaranthus chapter 1 . 5/19/2013
I love this story! the writing style makes my heart flutter.
Warrior717 chapter 1 . 5/15/2013
I really love the vivid imagery you have here. Its' so beautifully descriptive and nearly tangible, as it undoubtedly draws you in. I felt like I was dreaming along with Belle when I read this. Wonderful writing, and I look forward to reading the next chapter! :-)
Hermitess chapter 6 . 4/14/2013
I enjoyed this fic. I especially liked Glinda helping Belle recover her memory and the janitor bringing her the pieces of the cup.
the iz chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
very sweet :) thanks for the read!
Grace5231973 chapter 6 . 3/19/2013
I loved it and didn't really notice the flaws! I am sad its over, but happy they are together!
Grace5231973 chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
Good thing she got there in time!
MJ chapter 5 . 3/18/2013
Great story
TeamTHEFT chapter 5 . 3/17/2013
Haha that last line is SO TRUE! :)