Reviews for With Strength of Steel Wings
Jeremiah Bull chapter 13 . 5/21
I was checking WSOSW (the best palindrome this side of the internet) for an update, but there's something worth saying as long as I'm here.

It used to boggle my mind that WSOSW- and now Blindness- had so few reviews, favs, follows, lack of tvtropes entries, etc. How could it fly so far under the radar of all the readers the interwebs has at its disposal? Some extremely shitty stories only recently published get twice the hits!

Now I'm just disappointed. It's apparent the vast majority of attention goes to stories that rehash tired cliches that were often never good in the first place. Or stories that vicariously fulfill some fantasy of the readers in question with a character they identify closely with (read: people that would enjoy Twilight if some genders were changed).

It's all instant gratification versus delayed gratification, and it's really too bad most people don't have the patience to appreciate the world/story you've slowly and meticulously been building, Angela. I mean, you have none of the illogical rationalizations that often come with tweaking magic/plot/world mechanics. That right there makes this story amazing by itself.

It's extremely original (as is possible for anything that is technically copyright theft). I've personally never read a plot that quite mirrors this Harry's decisions/tribulations, and there are a lot of books out there about tragic young men on Hero's Journeys with forbidden power who constantly almost die.

So yeah. Forget anyone that spews toxin on this story because it doesn't behave in the way they wanted it to. Remember the reason this isn't drowning in traffic is the same reason people watch reality t.v. instead of, say, anything that requires a 10 minute attention span.

Oh, and please update soon? Pretty please? Spaghetti Monster above, don't make me beg!
ProditorMagnus chapter 29 . 5/20
I actually started taking my forum moderator work more seriously after reading this with its description of hounds communication..
HazyEpiphany chapter 37 . 5/14
I have a question about the pictures of the magical world. Why would one need to take a selfie to take a picture of the magical world? Could they not directly just point the camera at what they know is the place although they can't see it? After all, it really shouldn't matter how the picture's taken since the camera's pointed to the same place. If so, this other way would actually be better since normal pictures are much easier to take well than selfies.
Echo Moon chapter 37 . 5/10
This is one of the most beautiful fics I have ever read in my entire life, thank you so much for writing it, you are wonderful and amazing!
Great story! Please update?
xavpoix06 chapter 37 . 5/5
Hello,

I am reading the last chapter available and I have to say that your story is amazing. Thank you for giving it to us !
I can't wait for the next chapter and the one after that until the end. I understand busy schedules but please, let me be selfish and beg you for the next chapters.
congratulations again for a very well written story.

One dedicated and eager reader amongst many.
Jeremiah Bull chapter 27 . 4/29
If Harry is five hours ahead of them, that should mean he can get there five hours before the moon fully rises. Not five hours after. He should be early, not late. If he performs the ritual at 1:00 a.m. where he is, that means it's only 8 p.m. where the pack is, which is too early to start. All the math adds up, but I'm doubting myself because it seems wrong you would get this wrong with all the time you've invested.
Araytigre chapter 37 . 4/24
WOW, This has been a fantastically Awesome story! I have loved reading every Word! This Harry is VERY powerful, and fortunately, with the support and love from Hermione, Fawkes, and Dread, he will remain in the Light, but it will be a tough battle at that. Naturally, the Last Set will be dedicated to the Sun, as only the Sun's Power can keep him balanced with all of the power that he has accumulated, yes, Hermione and the rest help, but the Sun will be the final step that he needs. It took him long enough, 36 chapters, but he has finally found the true love that he has been seeking all his life, and She isn't about to let him go anytime soon, nor will he her for that matter. Hopefully the damage to the few Runes that were damaged in the last ritual will not have an adverse effect when he does the Seventh and final Set. It will be interesting to see Harry's reaction when he sees Gryffon in a few days, and finds out not only he is a Bureau Agent, but they want to recruit him (as well as Other things). Thank You. TTFN
BloodDragon3012 chapter 35 . 4/23
Ch.37:I needs more. Again, rereading was a bad and an amazing idea at the same time. Update soon please.
Hi i'm new here and i just read the first chapter of this story and i will just say that it look promising and very well written. However something that bothers me is Harry saying something like call me Harry, he is British and British don't have that sense to tear down the classes and in a formal interview i can't see Harry saying something like call me Harry. Finally good job and great debut
Please please please upload chapter 38.

I can't wait to see what happens next (confrontation with dumbledore? Umbridge? Ron?)
I know I’m late to the party but I stumbled unto this story a couple of days ago and could not make myself stop until I was done reading everything to leave a review.

I find myself almost without words to express what a truly brilliant story this is. But I will endeavor to overcome my speechlessness because you certainly deserve to be showered with all the compliments available to the English language, in fact I think I might even venture into other languages just to come up with more compliments.

I mean really this is an amazing story, truly exceptional. This world that you have created is as real as it can get. You delved into this world and brought us, your reader, along for the ride. The detail you provided, the complexity of the characters, the plot…. Oh the plot is simply inspired. I have read many HP fanfictions and yet none that explored the possibility that Muggles find out about magic. Really explored instead of Muggles find magic war somebody wins, the end. You presented both side of the argument, the dilemma that this decision entails, the reactions of both Muggle and Magical Governments in such a way that I find myself alternatively supporting it and finding it a bad idea. You have exposed the flaws of the magical governments in a way that JK Rowling did not manage to do in 7 books. Don’t get me wrong Rowling is one of my favorite authors but she never really resolves the issue of muggleborns or blood issue, instead focusing on Voldemort and his evilness. So bravo, for your ability to address the real issue at hand. You also do not paint anyone as being the good guys and the bad guys, expect Voldemort but that goes without saying. The Hound, James, Fudge etc… for all their differences, at the end of the day muggles and wizards are human beings, all susceptible to the same flaws (greed, pride, hate etc…)

I enjoyed every chapter, simply raptured by your ability to weave words to create this one of a kind world. I cannot wait to see how you will dazzle us with your next chapter.

Thank you for taking the time to write this merveillieux story and please do not stop.

IwishIwasaWitch
Replay15 chapter 28 . 4/2
Why do I get the feeling that Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger by Daft Punk goes with this chapter
Oh my god, this story is incredible. I love it, I realy do. Your a fantastic writer. I wish there was more to read. I came across this story from reading a others note in another story. I do see a few things that look like what amichure writers tend to do. One example is the triwizerd terniment. It felt like you wanted to include it, but then changed your mind. I don't know if that is true, but the story is still fantastic. Do you know what Harry will dedicate his last set of runes to? don't tell me, I love suprises! I would like to suggest he deticate them to the earth. Also don't forget to tie the end of it the the beginning of this whole story. I know writers love to get feedback from readers, but I hate reading a unfinished story's. So I will probably not try to read this again until it is completed. I hope you continue to write and finish this amazing story. There is so much I want to say. I'm a young adult and am learning that there is no true line between good and bad. Just a lot of middle ground. Your story realy highlights this. Great work and I hope you won't abandon this story. Berry and Hermine are the best pairing.
I only recently started reading this story, but I like it a lot. There are very few errors and the plot is brilliantly complex and structured. Props to you, please update soon ;).
1,397 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »