Reviews for The Truth About the Lost Boys
TolkienGirl chapter 1 . 3/22
Creepy, heart-wrenching, and with a fine flavor of the classics to it. I am currently rewatching Season 3A, and Neverland is so haunting and fascinating. Well done!
TashaRose chapter 1 . 4/15/2014
Quite an interesting outlook on them.
IWillNeverStopFangirling chapter 1 . 9/2/2013
This was really good!
Willofthewisp chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
"But he just shook his head and was silent for a long moment. There was a faraway look in his eyes, and old memories sketched themselves across his face, his eyebrows, the set of his mouth."-I do like brooding, haunted Hook. The way you describe this expression is so vivid.

An origin story for Peter Pan is always a tricky thing. I haven't read this kind of take on it and I've read a lot of dark takes on the subject matter. This is a really creative and eerie idea. The story of the Lost Boys you tell here is so tragic and yet we're too frightened to dwell on that pity for too long.

"Emma swallowed convulsively, hating her mind for trying to give her an image of Henry reduced to… no. No, she wouldn't even let herself think that."-I do shudder to think of what exactly Peter Pan wants with Henry. It's a wonder Emma hasn't had a full-out panic attack. But it's good that Hook is being straight with her. She needs all the information she can get.

"The dreaded pirate, the notorious Captain Hook, terror of the seas, murderer of children. A fine way to gain a reputation, isn't it?"-Bad situation for anyone involved. I can just see Emma's mind reeling wanting to kidnap all these feral monsters and take them back to Storybrooke.

"Stripped of his famed persona and his bravado and swagger, she could see the ordinary, fallible person underneath, and her fingers twitched with the desire to somehow offer him comfort. She even raised her hand, tentatively, but he caught the motion out of the corner of his eye and tensed."-That is the part we love, when he isn't Hook but Killian. It makes sense that they wouldn't touch just yet. I don't know if you actively ship them or not, but either way neither one is in an emotional state to where they're going to jump into anything. Very in-character.

I can't explain it, but there is something in your ending that, in spite of the angst and the worry and the tragedy, is hopeful. There is something oddly uplifting here. Maybe it's just how much we want Emma to find Henry safe and sound, but you have pulled off a very beautiful one-shot.
tangled6 chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
Is it weird to say that I love how dark and twisted this is? Peter Pan was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up and was constantly playing in my house, but... even though I loved all of the characters, I always thought their was something dark and utterly creepy about every single one of them except, oddly enough, Captain Hook. Yes, he kidnaps Wendy and the boys and generally threatens people a lot, but the whole vendetta started when Peter Pan cut off his hand as a practical joke and fed it to the crocodile that forever had a taste for his blood. Even as a 6 year old I remember thinking that I'd be pretty pissed too. This story really brings to the life the wildness that Neverland is. Beautiful and dangerous. Neverland and its characters exemplify the utter selfishness that childhood embraces and you really showed that here. Bravo!
FF.netfanHANNAH chapter 1 . 5/3/2013
As much as I adore the Peter Pan story, I'm really hoping the writers come up with a story like this. It would be so interesting and the darker take would add a lot more depth to Hook and Bae's backstory. But then, from the promo I'm guessing it's going to to be a bit lighter than this. Still, this was genius. I absolutely loved it x x

*HannaH*
ChamberlinofMusic chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Wow, what an interesting take on the boys and Peter. Loved it, thanks for sharing!
spuffy luvr chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Oooh! *shivers*
Tenshi Chupip chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Very deep... this idea would make an amazing novel... you should work on that ;)

Chupip
Lisa1972 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
OMG! That was...wow...it does make you think if that's the way they really were in Hook's reality.
Honeydewmelon56 chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
kinda CrEepY but it was good.
joanvindiesel chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
That was a bit creepy but in a good way. Definitely a different look of how Neverland, Peter Pan and the lost boys are. I liked it. You did a really good job with the imagery.