Reviews for Runaways
Dynomite
ainokea2810 chapter 7 . 4/22
Great story
SortingHat chapter 1 . 4/9
I think you got confused. There is nothing about running away and I think the title should be changed to something more accurate such as "Harry's Willful Reading"
SortingHat chapter 1 . 4/9
Another alternative would be for Harry to use his trust funds to buy a good lawn mower either a stand up or a sit down mower though yards *if you can call them that* in England are very tiny so I laugh when I see/picture Harry mowing whatever little piece of grass there is.
HermanTumbleweed chapter 5 . 3/22
I'm rarely one to criticize others' writing, especially when I'm enjoying a story as much as I am this one; and Merlin knows I'm no canon nazi. Having said that, there are a few things in what others post that bugs me all to hell, and the biggest of those, is folks who don't check the names of the more important characters, such as AMELIA Bones, who you seem to have renamed Amanda. Sorry to bring this up, seeing as the story is complete, but damn, that bothers me for some reason.
My other big complaint is when people use overly long complicated sentences which ultimately make no sense. Sorry, but your story is chock full of 'em. You really could use a good beta.
As I said, though, I've been quite enjoying the story and was shocked (though I suppose I shouldn't be with well over half a million HP stories on this site alone) to see you had used a story element I am planning to use in one of my own. I had a good giggle at myself when I thought about the fact that Harry and Hermione left school and bought a large yacht, the use of which I'm working on putting together for a rewrite of something I started several years ago. I hope when you see that come up, if you read it that is, you don't think I stole your idea, since I have seen something similar used before by at least one other writer.
So, to sum this all up, thanks for the entertaining story, and I hope you continue to write, and please find a good beta for the sanity of those of us who love the English language. Just kidding on that last one, but best of luck with your writing.
Shadowdog11 chapter 6 . 3/17
I feel like he went along with stuff too easily. Maybe I just like a rebellious Harry too much
RevDorothyL chapter 7 . 3/14
Well done! I especially enjoyed your depiction of the Queen and her family as an effective 'company' for royal business, as well as the scenes of death eaters and Voldemort (and yes, Dumbledore too!) learning the hard way that muggle science, weapons, and training could easily outmatch even the ablest wizard. :)
FreeTraderBeowolf chapter 7 . 2/25
Well written. I enjoyed it greatly.
Jimbocous chapter 7 . 2/13
Nicely done. Thanks!
it's Amelia, not Amanda.
starlite22 chapter 2 . 1/26
What about Crookshanks can't believe she'd abandoned her familiar
jbfritz chapter 7 . 12/16/2016
Great story!
Kai chapter 1 . 12/11/2016
Your Dumblefuck is such an arsehole. He's a real piece of shit in canon, but at least some of his actions can be taken as incompetent, bordering on senile. Yours just deserves a thorough thrashing and about a hundred years in Azkaban.

Oh, and having read the story several times before something caught my eye. The Grangers wanted to wait after Hermione was married to leave England. It's not the way they envisioned that, but they do get their wish. Hermione is indeed married before they finally leave for distant shores. Heehee.
GeorgeTobor chapter 7 . 12/4/2016
A good story.
But you have Amanda quite a few times when you want Amelia.
Also the Grangers response to Hermione and Harry in the last chapter is too tame.
Thank you for writing.
Tilty.bbb chapter 7 . 12/2/2016
This was a great read well done