Reviews for The Manuscript
kaputtt chapter 1 . 7/2/2014
So Glorfindel is also a son of Feanor, elf version of Genghis Khan? I can't help laughing.
Vana chapter 1 . 2/13/2004
GWAHH! The last sentence just killed me. *runs off laughing*
Also loved the wordplay elsewhere- "his flowering affair with Yavanna", really now.
Actually, this seems feasible to me. Feanor as everybody's father, why not? After all, the flame that Eru set within him DID burn brighter . . .
Thanks for the laughs and much cause for thought and raised eyebrows :)
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
Hehe, I loved that. Elrond was reading a slash story, I presume? If so, I just loved the concept.
This story was highly entertaining, and on the same time gave a good insight to both characters involved.
Good work.
Prophetic Fire chapter 1 . 8/21/2003
*shakes head amusedly while smile plays across her lips* That, I must say, was interesting. AU nonetheless, but interesting. I myself am a HUGE fan of AU (as you presumably already know). My goodness, that was certainly, er...I don't believe I have the words for this one. They're lodged in my brain somewhere, but I can't dig them out at this precise moment. Ah get the point.
that is secret chapter 1 . 2/3/2003
That was fucking great! I commend you!
Altariel chapter 1 . 8/20/2002
Ooh, those Orful Elves. Brilliant parody, Finch - the description of Old Glory as "the tireless Balrogsbane and expat of Gondolin" was worth the price of the ticket alone.
Cirdan chapter 1 . 8/16/2002
Ah, didn't realize this had gone up on . A most amusing fic. Fuc? Um, anyway, of course it would be Glor who knew all along about all the secrets in the Blessed Realm. Too many amusing elements to point them all out. Even the part about if Fingolfin had paid more attention, he'd've realized that his kids weren't his stuff was great. Feanor and his unquenchable libido. So _that_ is the fire that Iluvatar set within him that burned brighter than anyone else's... Ink Imperishable! _ Tireless balrogsbane. You just have a way with words! Elrond being fond of trinkets. Heeeheehee... Sleeps with Vilya on even if it's the only thing he wears huh? Silmaril as just another pretty trinket to delight our dear El. :b And Glor and Elrond together, well, I can certainly accept that in light of the very odd manuscript. :b
Ithilwen chapter 1 . 8/13/2002
Oh, I DO hope there are more undiscovered manuscripts like this one in Imladris! It's a big library, after all... Very funny!
jillian baade chapter 1 . 8/12/2002
Oh dear oh dear, all those bad naughty elves! But you know something, this makes more sense than how Tolkien said Elves behave in relation to marriage and sex. As far as Feanor is concerned, someone so..passionate would hardly have restrained himself sexually. Here of course, is the hidden reason Nerdanel really left her hubby for.
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
His heart has been slashed...or something.

I like your description of what was done to the wives..neglected, renounced, repudiated, annuled, etc, etc. But if it is a true manuscript it must have variants - things like 'did not' for 'did', 'she' for 'he', 'Fingolfin' for 'Feanor', details like that.

Meanwhile, the Feanor business doesn't seem that AU to me - he seemed to be having his wicked way with everyone, they might as well be getting some pleasure out of it.

Wait, do you mean to say Turgon *wasn't* getting it on with Feanor? He must have been the only one!

Love this piece. It gave me a well-needed giggle fit.
Furius chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant. "flowering affair with Yavanna", hilarious phrases. Great hm "manipulation" of the Elrond family tree. So Feanor set everyone else on fire, I can believe that very well. Great line about Fingolfin.

Have to admit, the last line was a bit shocking, but rendered a great conclusion.
Soledad chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
God, Finch, you're truly evil! You nearly killed me with this manuscript at the frist time, and reading again was even worse. Now all my neigbours think I'm a lunatic.

Three extra points for the Ancient Quenya words. They made the whole thing so believable, and so much more funny. Not to mention Elrond's tears running down... no, I won't go there.

So. Do you have any other manuscripts hidden in your basement?
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
How did you manage to do that? I cannot stop laughing!

Really brilliant. Especially the part where FĂ«anor turns out to be everybodys father. And now we know how he did make the Silmarils! "Flowering affair with Yavanna" (starts again to laugh incontrollably).
Aerlinnel chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
Oh my GOD, Finch. You are just bloody brilliant. Probably the most intelligent, well-researched parody on this site. And hilarious, too! "Dear El was so fond of trinkets; he never slept without Vilya on, even if it was the only thing he wore." Tsk! Makes you wonder why exactly ol' Glor wasn't in the movie...was he occupied elsewhere when Arwen decided that *she* had to go rescue the Hobbits? :-D
LOTRlover chapter 1 . 8/10/2002
Snort. Snerk. Giggle, sneeze, cough. I can't tell you ('cause I'm laughing too hard) how much delight I took in this piece of scurrilous insinuation...I mean careful scholarship. Mwaaahahahaa!