Reviews for Betrayal of Dragon Kin
Not bad.
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Got what he deserved.
Sapphire Scarab chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Whoops. That long comment from "Guest 7/22/13" was by me. Not sure why it logged me out before posting. lol
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2013
Good god, this was an INCREDIBLY well-written oneshot!

"Dany, please!"

OH, this scene in the show tore my heart into itty bitty pieces - it has never recovered. I wish more than anything that Viserys had lived on in The Game of Thrones series. He was (and remains) one of my very favorite characters. My only regret is that we didn't get to see more of him. Your retelling of things through his eyes is short yet very sweet. Daenerys was the only person left in his world, the only one he still loved, like the story says. And she betrayed him so coldly by watching him die in the most painful of ways. Sad sigh.

"His last call. All he wanted in that moment was her. To stop the movements of her husband, to offer her hand and stand him up with salvation and freedom from the darkness. She was his sister, she belonged to him. But the pot over came the top of his head, and the darkness in the form of gold rained down upon him."

You are such an amazing writer! I hope you write more Viserys/Daenerys stories soon. I would definitely love to read them. Your words make my heart ache all over again for poor Viserys. He wasn't always the nicest, but he didn't deserve what happened to him, and I've often wondered what that sting of betrayal from his own sister felt like, and what he was thinking in his final moments. Thank you for bringing that scene back to life in a whole new way. I am adding this to my favorites!
CriesofCapricorn chapter 1 . 7/1/2013
Great character piece on Viserys. He was really portrayed as an awful person who treated family as possession, but then there were those brief scenes where we caught glimpses into his mind (namely, his carefree attitude with the girl in the tub and his conversation with Jorah when taking the dragon eggs) where his sort of thinking resonated much to this. This fic could have easily been what Viserys really did think during his final moments. Nice job giving a 'villain' some depth and humanity!
tanithlipsky chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
nice and deep.
P.M. Zontini chapter 1 . 4/16/2013
It was short, but I think that worked to it's advantage because it left a powerful punch in the guy.

I am not a huge fan of Viserys, haven't been since the "40,000 Men and their Horses" comment. But I can see some of his motives clear as day here for what he's done, he had what was his families stolen from him and he yearns to gain it back. Alas, he is just a man, though a very pompous man indeed who feels very entitled, but still just a man who feels fear and abandonment from the one person, the one belonging I should say, that was entirely his.

It's a very interesting insight into his emotions, how despite everything, he still viewed Daenerys as his possession. Shows that no matter what you can't seperate the bond of family, even in times of hardship, a man who has lost everything isn't truly lost until he loses the love of his family. And with the allowance of that gold crowning, Viserys had truly lost everything.

Powerful stuff, indeed.