Reviews for The Cost of Lamentations
pr3tty0dd chapter 12 . 3/25
One of the best SoMa fanfictions I have read. Not a lot of the other ones ive read have been very good but this one kept me reading. Its nice to find a really decent writer in the stack of some others here who definately are not as talented. Keep it up!
Tenbris chapter 12 . 12/13/2013
Whelp, I can die happy (and tired) now. Congratulations, it's 6am and I stayed up for hours (way, way too many hours) to read this wonderful piece of fic!

This may be my favorite Soul Eater fic out there; if not, it's definitely way up there. I can't praise your writing enough!

I could go on for ages about every little detail that I loved, but I do actually need some sleep! Rest assured I will be coming back to read this again some time. Great job!
Tenbris chapter 4 . 12/13/2013
Oh my-

I think I just died reading this. I melted into a puddle of goo and oh god I can't stop reading now. I didn't mean to end up leaving a trail of reviews but I probably will at this point and that's okay.

This might be my favorite SoMa confession scene ever. I just can't handle how perfect it is for that to happen as a result of them fighting... because seriously, they always are butting heads on some level, and it's just too perfect.

I love this story so much already. Wow.
Tenbris chapter 3 . 12/13/2013
So, I just found this fic and I am immediately going to tell all of my fellow Soul Eater friends to come read this. Holy crap.

I was planning on just dropping a review and a fave when I finished the story after I finished chapter 1, but as much as I would love to keep reading forever, it's 3:30am here and I need sleep. So, although this story has been long-complete, I felt like I had to let you know how amazing this is, and how much I adore this story so far. It's near-impossible to find good stories on FF (the site is saturated with poorly written things that are out of character), so when I find someone who has such wonderful command over words and character personalities, I have to let them know how thrilled I am.

I almost can't express how much I love this story. Soul Eater just lends itself to angst and putting the characters through the emotional wringer, and you write it so well. You capture Maka's trauma so well, Soul's reactions are so incredibly true and believable, and I can't find any sort of fault. This is just delightful.

I may tell myself I need to sleep, but I expect to read at least a few more chapters tonight. Great, great job.
Crystal Delphina chapter 12 . 12/7/2013
I just wanted to let you know that your story was one of the few I've come across in a long time where I couldn't put it down. Literally, I more or less stayed up through the night to read it. That's saying something for fanfiction. Aside from your impressive talent for writing, realistic character development, and vivid descriptions, there was a deep compelling psychological component to the writing that was truly authentic. I know that you obviously wrote this from your personal lived experience, but you were able to translate the deep level and complexity of grief in a way that was incredible when so many people struggle to articulate the true wash of emotions that one can experience with loss.

I know others may have believed your portrayal of Maka was being "rude/mean" or "uncharacteristic" but that's far from the truth. It was raw and real. I also have to say that you wrote Maka's panic attacks with such emotive and incredible clarity that it was one of the best depictions of a true panic attack that I've seen/read in a long time. I work in the mental healthcare field and I was blown away. Obviously, this review is getting lengthy, but I just want to reiterate that I applaud you not only for your writing, plot, and story construction, but for the authenticity you brought to it all. It was truly a compelling read and I was happy to lose a few hours of sleep last night for it.
Mirrorfaced chapter 2 . 10/21/2013
I must admit that upon reading the intitial summary, I was afraid that Spirit's death would only be a plot point. How you deal with it is so much more than that, and your prose communicates the emotions wonderfully. It reminds me of a written version of "The Body", an episode in the fifth season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I won't get specific but needless to say it deals with death. It's a very raw and powerful work, as is this.

The perspective of Soul, being on the other side of their shared link, adds to this story immensely.
Professor Maka chapter 12 . 10/4/2013
This was good. It sort of ended in a different place than it began, but somehow, it works.
PurpleSoul1996 chapter 12 . 8/15/2013
Sooo! Let me tell you this!
I read some story before this, it was so bad, she rushed through the stupid thing!
I was so mad then I found this.
It made me feel so much better
The chapters are so long! OMG!
You didn't miss anything, surprise after another! Wow!
It was so good and cute
Dramatic!
Awesome!
ThatFlyingEagle chapter 12 . 7/21/2013
This was a super read. You really have some talent for writing great fluff right next to horrible sadness. I tried it but I can't get it just right. Good Story!
The-City-Burns chapter 12 . 7/9/2013
Love the ending :)
OtakusUnited chapter 1 . 7/6/2013
Amazing story! Heart wrenching, humorous, and romantic in all the right places. It looks like you can really put your feelings into a story. I definitely felt the passion in the story. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, though. I will eagerly await your next story! Keep up the good work!
Reviewer24 chapter 12 . 7/5/2013
Honestly the BEST story I've read on fanfiction. Only one or two grammatical errors, heart wrenching and hilarious in all the right places, and a very compelling storyline! Well done!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/1/2013
Amazing story...I don't have a word to properly describe it. It blew me away; it was written so well. You have an amazing talent as an author. The blend of humor, romance, and drama in this story were nothing short of perfect. Keep it up!
LeprechaunGreen chapter 12 . 7/3/2013
In chapter 11 I saw the circus story comment, looked at your username, stared off into space for 2.5 seconds, and then I was like, "THAT'S why I liked this story so much! I love Dire Circus and didn't realize that you were the won who wrote this story!
embrace the darkness within chapter 12 . 6/24/2013
I really enjoyed this fic. I absolutely loved that you didn't rush the grieving process, losing a parent is not something that one overcomes easily. I can see Maka struggling with her grief as you depicted, seeing how strained her relationship was with her father. Her guilt and her regret were believable. Anywho, I hope you continue writing. If any of your other stories are written thos well, they too will be added to my favorites list.