Reviews for To Give Back
MarvelsOnlyFan chapter 1 . 2/22/2014
I'm not crying, honestly...

Okay so I might be, but this is really sweet! It just bugged me that he was forgotten so quickly, so thanks for writing this :)
Vrna chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
Your story summed up everything I was looking for in a story about Axel. He deserved the appreciation.
Claire Randall Fraser chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Thank you for giving Axel a proper burial and allowing Carol to grieve. It always bothered me how quickly Axel was forgotten on the show.
BattyNora chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
I could see this happening and fits in very well as a missing scene.
27dayz chapter 1 . 9/27/2013
I am so glad that you brought this story to my attention! I really enjoyed reading it. I thought it was a very sweet and justified thing for Carol to do for her new friend. Axel really was the first to see her as a survivor and not a victim. Also he was one of the few male characters that actually commented her on her skills. Plus, given Carol's history, I think his comment about her being quite a lady was perhaps one of the nicest things she had ever been told after the apocalypse (and probably even before). It definitely would have made Axel's death sting, but the added horror of using his body as a shield would just make it unbearable, for me anyways.

I always wondered why, despite Carol being alive, that her grave was still erect. It just makes the most sense that it is now Axel's as it would have been easier to bury him there and it just has a certain bit of symbolism in that Axel died in Carol's place, if that makes any sense. Anyway, I love this.
WarLordEra chapter 1 . 9/20/2013
Nice story. Short and about a character I was actually disappointed died.
He could have developed something with Carol, not necessarily romantic, but see the side of him that was helpful, nice and could be trusted. Carol could've also used a friend.
I dislike season 3 for the lack of character interactions and development but I admire their decision to kill off certain characters to keep it different from the comic, to make it interesting.
JoeyLee chapter 1 . 5/16/2013
"This was Axel's time. This was what she had promised she would do for the man who had, in death, saved her life." I just love this. Can't believe I missed this story! So nice. Makes me wish we could have seen more of Axel and especially him with Carol. He values her, and I love that you explore that
Angelica chibilua chapter 1 . 5/1/2013
I loved this fanfiction. Thank you
definitelywalkerbait chapter 1 . 4/12/2013
Wow, that's was great!
I really liked Axel through Carol's eyes and the way he trigger her feminine side to wake up again!
And I definetely loved Carol honoring his memory and taking a moment alone to do so. It's striking how most of us are focused on our favorite characters and forget the impact secondary characters, like Axel, have on them. The show should have definetely spent some time on the aftermath of his death.
Well done :)
ja8ne.will chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
I'm not crying. I have, uh, allergies. And maybe some cat hair in my eye.

You did Axel's memory and sacrifice proud with this. It's a fitting elegy for him.

Have I mentioned lately how I love how you write Carol?
Kipcha chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Fantastic.

Carol isn't a character I particularily care for, but you really did well with her here. I felt so sad when he died just as they were starting to connect (Although I felt more shippy sparks, I was never a fan of Daryl/Carol so it was perfect... Until the Governor blew his brains out)and this really did well to speak of their connection.

Well done.
crystal2817 chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
That was so good
TuesdayTerrible chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
Simply wonderful. I adore this.
Satory chapter 1 . 2/23/2013
One fic about Carol and without Daryl's name! One fic just for her, her past, her thoughts...Thanks a lot for writing this. It's a great memoriam for Axel too. The character deserve that.
what evil lurks chapter 1 . 2/23/2013