Reviews for A New Vault Hunter
IC0 chapter 22 . 2/15
Hey man. Been a while, eh?
Before anything else, let me say just this: don't worry. Creative burn out is a curse on EVERYONE who's ever created anything. It's nothing to be ashamed of. I've lost count of how many stories (all umpublished) I've dropped because it simply wasn't interesting to me anymore.
And that's the crux of it. If you're writing something just for the sake if others, *you're doing it wrong*. Writing is something you do for yourself - if others take joy in your creations, that's great too, but it should never, EVER be the only reason you're writing. There's no shame in dropping a story that burnt you out. There's no shame in putting it on hiatus for weeks or even months halfway through if you have to. Any reader that gives you shit for dropping a story is an entitled prick who, for some reason, thinks you have some sort of obligation to entertain them just because they stumbled upon something you made for yourself because you wanted to amd they happened to enjoy it. And lions should not concern themselves with the words of sheep. So do not concern yourself with the words of any idiot who might give you shit for this.

Now that that's out of the way, good luck on the new iteration of the green freak's story! I always thought you held a lot of potential as a writer, as you managed to make a character with a cliché tragic backstory that feels pretty self-insert at times, yet made him actually interesting, genuinely funny, not Mary Sue at all, and actually have a great story. In other words, you turned what could have easily been generic and cliché into a great example of a classic, but excellent formula. In short, you did a really good job. My advice for the new version: Take. Your. Time. Don't even ste an upload schedule. Write when you feel like it, rewrite as much as you want, post it when you're satisfied, don't bother with how long it takes. Like I said, writing is something you do for you, not for others. And if the idea of making us wait really bothers you, think of it like your surprise gift to us, bringing smal bundles of unexpected joy everytime they come!

Best of luck to you and the new Gen! Looking forward to it :)
Patriot16 chapter 22 . 2/13
I am very impressed with your attention to detail and humor. I liked where this story was going but am disappointed that you'll end it here. However, I know the feeling of writing awesome stories become such a chore because you don't want to disappoint anyone. That's a great sentiment to have and everything but you need to write for yourself. If you do that, then your stories will be all the more enjoyable because you're not forcing it. I hope you will return with something just as badass as this story. I'll be looking for your story, Elemental Hybrid. Keep on keeping on. :)
TitanWafflesaur chapter 22 . 2/12
Can't wait to see the new story, until then, see ya later!
Don Socrates chapter 22 . 2/12
I'm more excited to see ANY activity from you my friend.

It's been so long!

If and when you return, I shall remain patient to see what you bring!
infinitexephos chapter 22 . 2/12
Ah shit son
GJ115 chapter 19 . 10/13/2016
I still have faith in this fic!
300 I.Q. Prower chapter 21 . 2/17/2016
okay first off: my main OC's last name is Omega. I should also mention his defining aspects are venom, green, and speed. Sound familiar?

Second off: I was actually going to talk about how in theory it makes sense for blink to win due to Zero being a sniper/swordsman rather than a pure swordsman. ...and then as soon as I made a note to myself to talk about that you had Gen outright say it. To add on that though: Zero uses an assassination style, and while clearly capable of fighting head on, he specializes in stealth kills and ambushes taking out groups of enemies in the blink of an eye, which is hardly comparable to a 1v1 duel. Even the Bloodshed skill tree, which is specifically for pure Melee combat, is mostly skills that take affect either when attacking from behind or while using Deception, and for bonuses activating upon Melee kill for GROUP killing.

Lastly did Blink seriously pull off a Million Blade Chaos, and only THEN get serious, while wielding every kind of blade there is at whim?! He's like a combination of Guts from Berserk, Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy (if I had to choose which version is go with XII), and Tenten from Naruto! ...but without the goofiness two of those three characters have, anf hopefully despite your hints at having a dark backstory, not having nearly as disturbing a one as Guts's.

(Also it's a snowball's chance in hell that it's what you were alluding to, but now cause of that ending I'm thinking about what it'd be like to just freaking go berserk in the Dust as Jack Cayman or another Anarchy Reigns character)

P.S. Don't write purely because you feel obligated to, write when you're ready. As much as I love watching this story develop, I don't want to read it knowing you're putting aside important things like prep for university or even just taking time to have fun gaming.
Guest chapter 21 . 10/18/2015
I love your story. The only thing i would suggest is to not add so many characters in at once. It makes it a little harder to care about them. But i dont write so what would i know. This was great i'm glad that i pick to read this for my first fanfiction.
Guest chapter 21 . 9/27/2015
Love your stories and good luck getting into uni!
Don Socrates chapter 21 . 9/26/2015
Awesome. That last character sounds like Anarchist from the Fall.
GJ115 chapter 21 . 9/26/2015
Dude I loved this chapter and I especially love your detail towards Zer0 and Blinks fight. Keep up the good writing!
cmech54 chapter 21 . 9/26/2015
Loved the chapter. Also, did you come up with Blink's name and ability from Dishonored by chance?
TitanWafflesaur chapter 21 . 9/26/2015
Aye,until next time.
Guest chapter 19 . 7/11/2015
"If it's electronic, it's his bitch."

I like that line.
cmech54 chapter 20 . 7/9/2015
I love this story. Gen is great. He's a little shit, but that's just a part of his charm. I look forward to the next chapter.