Reviews for And Treat Our Blood as Gold
CinderDiamond chapter 85 . 8/14/2015
Oh my god! I read this in one sitting on the plane, Thank you, or else I would have died from boredom. Best flight ever.
I read every single word and I appreciate every single word ... This emotional rollercoaster ride had me wiping tears from my eyes every now and then, earning me some concerned looks from the person sitting next to me. Watching Salem and Leliana be seperated put me through some real bad emotional pain :D And that's what makes a great storyteller - to make the readers care about these characters and feel their pain/joy.
I love Kathyra and the relationship between her and Leliana, i can't wait to read Kathyra's Tale to find out more about Marjolaine's sister. And oh my, Cassandra was such an arrogant little :pp that I can't wait to see her change and become the Cassandra we all love.
I wish I was more like Salem, she is such a lovely character. Very grey and not a Mary Sue. Seriously there are so many wardens out there whose names are Mary and Sue and they seem to defeat their opponents with a flick of a wrist that it gets ridiculous. i can't help but think that Salem is real, which is quiet funny since she is so incredibly strong and fierce that it is inhuman. Love her. And I can't wait to see what's in store for Leliana and what will happen that she changes into that colder Leliana from DA:I. I always had the theory that Leli is Andraste reborn, and I just started playing Inquisition (I'm late af, I know) and went through the Future Redcliffe questline where Leliana was infected with the taint for experimenting and it was said that she was resistant to the taint. Maybe she really is shielded by the Maker in some ways, I hope they'll address it in the future.
Anyways I feel like I'm rambling now and I don't want to waste your precious time. Keep it up, your novels - And I'm saying NOVELS - deserve more attention. Bioware should let you in their writing team. For me your DA series is canon all right :D i don't care about my Amell and Leliana anymore, Salem and Leli for life
Have a good day!
magekin chapter 85 . 1/29/2015
Beautiful words, I am so happy they are reunited once more and look forward to reading more of your tales, you should've been a bard my love...
zenihua chapter 60 . 8/25/2014
Truth be told, I did my enjoy the first story of this series very much. However, my need for Leliana stories overpowered how cruel you were to Salem and Leliana and, before I knew it, I arrived at this last installment. There is less than 30 chapters to go and I'm dreading that you will leave this unfinished because there is so much yet to be covered and so few chapters left. Excellent writing, painful events but altogether brilliant story. Ok, back to finishing this gripping tale.
Flake123 chapter 85 . 2/26/2014
Yes, please, more!
Flake123 chapter 39 . 2/25/2014
Loving this story so far! I was so excited when Dragon Age 2 was announced, then pretty disappointed when the article also said it would not be a continuation of the first story. I always wanted to hear what happened after the last battle. Thanks for sharing!
Flake123 chapter 19 . 2/25/2014
Anders is here! Nice addition!
xneseyx chapter 85 . 12/1/2013
Beautiful work
Trunks111 chapter 85 . 11/3/2013
By all the gods... You have no idea how much what you're doing mirrors things... You're bloody amazing. I wish i was half the writer you are... Seriously.
Grace Kay chapter 10 . 8/13/2013
Hmmm... This is excellent. Although I am quite upset that you've split them up, missy. Quite upset, indeed. You may be on probation. We'll see...

Xanthis chapter 85 . 6/19/2013
YES PLEASE! KEEP IT UP! I really do love your writing, and as a non-member, your stories have been among those that keep me coming back. :D
Heather Fries chapter 85 . 6/17/2013
Please please PLEASE continue! These stories have become my favorite fanfic EVER and I'd love to see you continue on. Your writing is amazing and I am eager to read more! :D
jnybot chapter 85 . 6/17/2013
Please continue the story! I can't wait to see Salem's response to Leliana's vision and interaction with the Maker. As she is outside of fate, perhaps she will have more time then she thinks.

Canon is so vague on Leliana's vision. The Guardian questions it and they leave it up in the air. And if she is "hardened", she implies that the vision/dream isn't really what pushed her out of Lothering. I prefer your version. :) Leliana in canon is devoted to the Maker and Andraste, but not the Chantry. Her dialogue shows she disagrees quite a bit with Chantry dogma which I always found interesting. So many writers make her a Chantry zealot which I never really got from game playing.

Please keep up the great work!
Ellwyndara chapter 85 . 6/17/2013
Wow what an amazing story Raven! And yes a thousand times yes I would love for you to continue. I just love your writing style, it is beautiful and poetic and brings forth such emotion. I do hope you continue. Thank you for sharing your gift!
Ellwyndara chapter 84 . 6/17/2013
PHEW! Thank the Maker that Salem listened to reason and allowed forgiveness to occur. And wow Leliana being so loving and forgiving for something that almost happened is wonderful. Beautifully written as always.
TaylorLoe chapter 85 . 6/16/2013
Simply amazing. It never seizes to amaze me how you end your stories. While it would be good to read the next chapter of leliana and Salem's story, I would also enjoy reading on how the two feel in love. We've seen a bit in the flashbacks but I would love to read the while story!