Reviews for A Flurry Of Snow
penspot chapter 8 . 4/7/2013
No... No I did not. I was expecting the guardians to find someway to cast the dark out of Jack. Bravo! That was brilliant!

Em chapter 8 . 4/7/2013
I really love your writing
Galimatias chapter 6 . 4/7/2013
MAZINGNESS!
penspot chapter 7 . 4/1/2013
WOOHOO! That was an excellent fight scene! Nah, that was too easy for Jack to be turned. There's a plot twist in here somewhere and I can't wait to see it happen. :3

kingleby chapter 6 . 3/28/2013
Very powerful chapter! Love it :)
kingleby chapter 4 . 3/28/2013
I love how you portray the relationship/potential friendship between these two.
kingleby chapter 3 . 3/28/2013
Interesting idea. I love how you have the two interact.
kingleby chapter 2 . 3/28/2013
A really powerful chapter. Love it :)
Jessie07 chapter 6 . 3/24/2013
Awesome story!
penspot chapter 6 . 3/23/2013
How is it you only have six reviews? This is fantastic!

Em chapter 6 . 3/23/2013
This story is fantastic, I'm not sure why it doesn't have more reviews! You are one of the best writers I've read so far in this fandom :)
jboat chapter 4 . 3/12/2013
jack as old man winter or general winter would be a great drabble!
Dude chapter 4 . 3/12/2013
Awesome
HappyDragon411 chapter 3 . 3/12/2013
*Starts to read. Sees that it's a chapter about Pitch doing his job of scaring kids a little to protect them. Makes inhuman screeching noises of joy.*

*Sees the interaction between Pitch and -burying- Jackson at the bottom of the lake. More sobbing and happy noises and flailing.*

*Gets that moment of Pitch looking into Jacks eyes and pity and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuu-*

*Gets that post movie moment she wanted of Jack reconciling (poorly) his loathing for Jackson Overland loathing the boy he used to be, with bonus Pitch, and just melts into a puddle of happy goo.*

*And then, Halloween as the cherry on the cake, because it's a hot fudge sunday cake, and I get to have it all and eat it too.*

Let me love you? Just, yes. all forms of yes. All my headcanons. With bonus features and extra content, and building on the previous drabbles still! I just... am an incoherent mess and I cannot review this properly. Cannot to it. At all. Even slightly.

And that's sad, because I can only review a chapter once... meaning if I get coherent, I'll have to review this chapter next chapter... along with the next chapter...

I'm gonna wait a few minutes, reread this, and try again. Okay? Okay!

Nope, sorry, just finding more things to love. I'd have to wait a week or so to read this without rose-colored glasses. SO, for now, gushing! And enticing other people to read this fic because of the good reviews!

Okay, yes, I love your voice for Pitch here. I love the way his logic flows and just seeing into his mind. It's clear, it's concise, and he's the flipping good guy here, which is just the bestest part of it all (Because, at least with the best and lasting and more memorable 'villains', the bad guys are always the hero from their P.O.V. ... Although Pitch is an antihero, he actually is a good guy, he has/had a point, but I digress.)

And it's so sad and heartbreaking that he wants to help Jackson, knows he's going to die young at the rate he's going, tries to get at him through his sister to SAVE HIM, and... like... nothing works. You can feel his frustration, and his pity, and his sadness at knowing he's failed. He doesn't crack the ice. He doesn't cackle gleefully. He's just... so... sad. He failed. You can just feel him -thinking- 'I failed. (Again.)' and it hurts... But it's also so so sooooo touching that he buries Jackson in the lake, drawing the parallel that he guards children in the ways the Guardians can't, and takes care of them in ways they won't or even aren't able to. Pitch still cares about kids, and even throws the obvious into Jack's face about how the dead cannot fear, so there's no point in him killing people.

And just... I... the touching on the movie here and there had me flailing, and oh I just... cannot... with my feelings... so very good and... *rolls around more*

All of this is good. All of this is wonderful... can't go without touching on the end.

Just, yes. That is the way to do it. Mother-flipping yes. Yes forever. Show Jack, -show- him. Right after the brutal smack down of truth, show him, and have him out there with Pitch on Halloween, because yes, this, all the time. All of it. Don't even care if Pitch ever tries to take over the world again or not, or if he's trying to sway Jack to his side or not, or if he just wants to show Jack more truth and beat sense into him, even if he stays a Guardian and all that. I... just... I think I want this drabble, this chapter, to inspire someone to turn it all into a fic all its own. There are so many different things hitting a plethora of buttons and I want more of it all.

Yup, just going to roll around in this chapter for a good long while. Not even for all the shippy feels, because there's not even shippy feels here without squinting. This is for all the headcanon feels, and the Pitch feels, and some Jack feels... Mostly Pitch feels. *heart heart*

On a tangent, if you feel the need to rename it, go for it. Thus far all the chapters/drabbles have had something to do with Jack, so the title works, well enough, IMHO. Up to you though, in the end.
HappyDragon411 chapter 2 . 3/12/2013
We must be reading the same fics then. I 'heard' about half a dozen different fics echoing in my head while going through this. No, that is a good thing, in this case. Because it made my heart hurt. You may not like the ending note, but this just tugged at all of my heartstrings, even the moment where he starts to turn (back) into Jackson, because of her belief, and he has to run for a bit to save himself, as Jack Frost. (Also love the nod to the previous chapter/drabble, with how the wind acts and views him.)

I do admit, I was waiting for this to end on a post-movie note, just so I could feel gutted emotionally, the way most people write Jack feeling after he puts 2 and 2 together. (There's at least one other fic/writer who had Jack curse Jackson for leaving his/their sister behind. Said person has yet to write something post movie. I need that completed circle from someone, eventually... Eventually...) But it's not lacking anything by not having that post-movie moment.

Other than the minor grammar things, and you warned it's unbeta'd, this is pretty much solid. I really like the idea of Jack thinking/feeling that Jackson is 'sleeping' (dead, we both know Jack understands that much) at the bottom of his pond. Not seen anyone so that level of awareness... or the detail that he froze the ice extra thick, saying hopscotch hurts his chest, just... All the little details that slowly rip out your heart, bit by agonizingly pretty bit.

Sadly, cannot volunteer to beta. I'd love to, but I'm not in a situation where I'd have the time... Or I'd really prone to forget and get distracted with life. So, I wish you the best of luck in finding someone to help. Or a few someone-s, on the chance one or more of them get busy with life. (Also, so agreeing with all your headcanons in them end notes there. Could see the panicking Jack and the 'Welp, spring is here, moving on' thoughts as his rational for running the _ away. Just, so much love.)