Reviews for On the Boundary Between Light and Shadow
StattStatt chapter 5 . 10/26/2015
I was mostly looking at the Touhou/Naruto cross-over section as a joke, didn't expect to find anything worthwhile in here. Then, I saw this story, and the summary caught my interest. And I can safely say, right now, that this is one of the best and most original Naruto cross-over stories I have ever read, and the fact that it's with Touhou of all things is just an added, but very lovely, bonus.

For one, it actually takes place in Naruto's world! And he's not this godly badass Gary-Stue that can fix everything by simply existing, making you immediately a more creative writer than many other authors on this site, and the setting, the fact that this not only takes place in the Naruto-verse and that it takes place before the main story line is an incredibly intriguing concept.

The way you choose to involve politics and village-relations instead of making a simple action story, and the way you include some less used characters like Hina and Keine is a very nice touch, and Fugaku's inner thoughts on the relationship between the village and his clan is a rather interesting concept (also the fact that you make him an actual character and not just this generic evil douche bag makes me just want to hug you to death).

Other than the fact that, well, we've yet to really get to know why exactly the Hakurei Barrier has disappeared and why they're in the Elemental Nations instead of our Outside World, though I'd guess we'll get to know it later down the road, and even then, this story and your writing alone is good enough to make me actually overlook the fact in case we don't get to know, simply because I like this story so much.

Otherwise, it would be rather interesting to see other characters interact with the Konoha residents. Like The SDM crew, Marisa, Nineball, etc.

Keep up the AMAZING work, looking forward for MUCH, much more! (o'w'o)
MissGardenia chapter 5 . 9/27/2015
Huh. Bonding. Neat to see them getting along, given Keine's humanity focused attitude.

(Yes Mokou, Keine is growing :3)

No, you're not being too paranoid.

Fugaku, you really have no idea. I mean, they are logical inferences, but still.

On the other hand, potentially butterflying away the Uchiha Massacre because he feels they have other options? Delicious.
pltrgst chapter 5 . 9/26/2015
great chap! narutos screentime is so little though..
Reishin Amara chapter 3 . 9/25/2015
I find irony with the tale of the bamboo cutter and naruto...naruto frankly seems like a sequel to the actual tale.
OBSERVER01 chapter 5 . 9/24/2015
excellent chapter. i really like hinas the uchiha clan doesnt get massacred.
Lunar Wave chapter 5 . 9/24/2015
Great chapter. I'm glad to see that this hasn't been discontinued yet. This is one of the few Naruto Crossovers that I can actually enjoy, simply by virtue of the fact that OOC!Naruto doesn't exist (yet). And even if Naruto eventually gets a personality that is non-canon because of the Touhou Characters, I think you can make it believable.

As for the chapter itself, there isn't much to say honestly. It's well written, but nothing completely groundbreaking yet. I wonder how the relations between Gensokyo and Konoha are going to be like now that the Uchiha seem to be among the central pillars that bind them. I wonder what would happen with the Uchiha themselves. But wondering is usually pointless with stories like this. It could go anywhere and I could still be far from the truth.

Keep up the good work, and hope to see more updates to come.
Guest chapter 4 . 6/7/2015
Please update
Nitramy chapter 3 . 4/20/2015
yakumo yukari
25 years old

looks like Hokage-sama just broke the deal

Yukari is 17 years old, you know
fellow chapter 4 . 1/22/2015
I seriously would like to read more of this tale.
Admiral chapter 4 . 10/22/2014
Update, please update! This is...the best story I have ever read in FF so far!
Rhenellen chapter 3 . 9/5/2014
I'm surprised that nobody has even mention or better yet even realize the black crow wings that Aya has on her back.
omegadude1 chapter 4 . 7/16/2014
Honestly, this is probably one of the best written fics I've seen. You're very good at drawing up all kinds of potential directions the plot could go. The two that I find most interesting are probably the death of Obito and Zetsu, and the situation with the Uchiha.

With Obito this leaves the question of Madara himself, as he's probably dead already. In addition, there's the Akatsuki. Without Obito there to lead from the shadows, they could go in any number of directions.

It's neat how there's the possibility for the Uchiha to move to Kekkaigakure. It would be cool if that happened. It might be good because nobody there would really know the Uchiha so they would be treated at least reasonably well. Of course, I can't really see the Touhou leaders to allow that unless the Uchiha are in great danger. Still, I look forward to seeing where you take this plot point.

Another thing is that matter of Kaguya, or rather both of them. The mythology surrounding the two versions is kind of similar. Both have moon and rabbit motifs, I believe. You could chalk it up to coincidental similarities between two worlds, or something else entirely. Of course, this is assuming Naruto Kaguya even appears and you don't retcon her out of existance.

One final thing. I like how the Naruto subplot is going, so no real complaints there. I personally would rather he not really become the main character. I really like how there's not really any one protagonist, per se. You concentrate on both Konoha and the Touhous as a whole. However, if you choose to make Naruto the main character and can pull it off well, then kudos to you.

I hope you update soon.
somemadao chapter 1 . 7/14/2014
Ah, what a joy this story is already shaping up to be. I was at first hesitant to read it, but am finding your story to be incredibly well-written and entrancing. All, I can state is, "More! More and More!"
NaruTech chapter 4 . 6/12/2014
This was very enjoyable, but the premise that the Naruto Universe is so far behind in technology strikes me as strange.
The technology in Naruto is weird, TV screens during the Chuunin exams, computers that Kabuto uses, the flak jackets ninjas wear for some reason (Ninjas don't use guns, but do other people), wireless communication devices used along with messenger animals. (Afraid of signal interception?)
Naruto also stocks up on instant cup ramen, which requires a precise mechanical process to create and package.
Also the level of technology seems to vary wildly from place to place in the Naruto Universe, sometimes we have Amegakure (Village Hidden by Rain) which is a city that sports tall skyscrapers with a Steam punk look with pipes and telephone wires all over the place.
narutouhou chapter 4 . 6/9/2014
Id like to see more pls continue