Reviews for Shadow Government
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 21 . 9/16/2019
You know? I think part of the problem is that Erik has no Nadir-equivalent any more to keep him honest. As I said last review, he needs to do a whole shit-load of repenting before he'll be ready for Christine! And he can start by getting that she's not a child. I'm rooting for Erik, because I believe he does deserve love and happiness. But he's got to put in the emotional and, dare I say, spiritual work, too, in order to have that. And right now, he doesn't even seem to get that he needs to do that, never mind being willing to! Uh, it kind of makes me want to slap him upside the head and tell him to stop being an ass-hole.

And Cameron's not helping! Unlike Nadir-equivalent, he doesn't help keep Erik honest. Because, although they disagree about the specifically religious stuff, they share the same, sick, hierarchical, autocratic world-view in which they conveniently cast themselves as the superior leaders. And Erik really needs to have that world-view busted if he's going to begin healing and being worthy of Christine!

Anyway, LOL pardon the rant. But Oo this Erik actually kind of pisses me off so far!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 20 . 9/16/2019
Wow! We're practically at the Final Lair and we're only half way through the story? I can't wait to see what kind of surprises are in store for the second half! LOL Although, sleep first.

And I hate to say it, but good for Christine for running away. Normally I hate her desire to run away from Erik! But in this case, it's about way more than his just not knowing anything about love and being terrified of loosing her. He's using her in his power schemes, and controlling and manipulating her feelings in order to do so. So I'm glad she took her freedom and right of choice back! And frankly, a serious confrontation between her and Erik over his unethical behaviour is inevitable. Don't get me wrong, I do hope they can ultimately find love and get together. But Erik's got a lot of, if you'll pardon the choice of words, repenting to do - repentance in the original sense of turning around - before he's able to have real love with Christine or anyone else - just like in When All Is Lost, when Erik let Christine learn everything and ultimately renounced violent revenge because her love was more important to him.

Anyway, LOL sleep is really a necessity at this point. But I definitely can't wait to see where this is going! Though, yeah, given where it's at, I bet it's going to be a wild ride. I'm honestly a bit amazed that Christine and Raoul made it this far! So I'm definitely not going to try to predict what's coming, but just read and enjoy. Indeed, one of the things I enjoy most about your writing is that, in spite of the POTO template and your known preference for E/C, you manage to avoid easy predictability, which makes it so much more exciting!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 13 . 9/16/2019
Interesting! And congratulations. Normally I hate the way that scene's done in the Lawrence Connor production because it blames the Phantom himself for being caught unmasked and so frames his anger as unreasonable. But you've actually made it work! Because, here at least, Erik thought she was safely asleep behind a closed dorr. And he has reason to have become over-confident and let down his guard some.

Although, on that note, I have to say that right now I'm mad at Erik for so eagerly accepting a forced marriage with Christine! Shame on him! He'd better change his mind about that and respect her right to free choice if he ever wants her to even like him let alone love him. He's got a lot of work to do right now to transform from a creepy bastard into a good, if psychologically and emotionally scarred, man! I'll be really interested to see how you manage to bring him through that much character development and transformation in time. Because, it seems like it'll have to happen awfully fast!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 12 . 9/15/2019
Been meaning to review for a couple of chapters now, LOL but keep just reading ahead because it's so hard to stop! But as of right now, I like this Christine! Yeah, I can see her shaping up to be a very strong one. Although, she'll have to be pretty awesome to be stronger than the Christines of When All Is Lost and Second Chances Inc! Still withholding judgement on this Erik, though. I mean, I feel sorry for him because of what you've revealed of his past so far. But as of now, his conduct is deeply wrong! True, he's not physically violent toward Christine. But he's totally trying to manipulate and control her so she'll fall in with his agenda whatever that is! And he's going to have to stop that if he's ever going to be worthy of her love. Because, to have love, you have to have trust going both ways. And right now, she doesn't and can't trust Erik, and he has trust confused with control.

And Cameron's just creepy! I mean, OK, he genuinely believes he's helping people I think. But the phrase "the way to hell is paved with good intentions" comes to mind!

Anyway, I'll be very interested to see how this story develops, both relationship-wise and politically. Am definitely on the edge of my proverbial seat!
PhantomFemme du Pantages chapter 1 . 9/15/2019
Oo! Finally decided to give this Phic a shot, and Wow! off to a strong start, definitely! Good job covering a lot of territory and time without it feeling rushed or like a Coles-Notes. And little Raoul and Christine are so cute! :-)
CharlieBoneFan chapter 40 . 7/29/2019
Wonderful story!
xxskylerandersonxx chapter 41 . 6/11/2019
Oh boy where do I even begin? This was an amazing story. It put my emotions on a rollercoaster ride and it was captivating. I had to stop reading because it was too much at times, but over all I thought it was a great story and I would definately read it again.
The way you wrote the characters really reached out to me; I felt christines anxiety and fear, as well as her happiness, and I felt Eriks insecurities and how desperate he became.
The character growth was quite an adventure and I'm glad they all got a pleasant ending. It's like I watched my own children grow into better people. While the journey was hard, this was worth the read.
phantomphangirl352 chapter 1 . 6/8/2018
This was so intense and fun! Ugh Erik's undying devotion for Christine makes me swoon every time. My heart literally broke in two when Christine ran away from him although I couldn't really blame her for that. And damn, Christine was a take-no-shit badass! Also I'm glad that you always let Raoul remain a likeable character and I'm happy he got his happy ending as well!
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 41 . 1/31/2018
Oh, wow, this was REALLY good. Creative, well thought out, and I really liked the plot. I don't typically care for oc villains, but Cameron was so well written and unique I found it hard not to find him interesting. Best fanfic I've read in a while!
Pensez-a-Erik chapter 24 . 1/30/2018
I reeaaaaaally hope this turns out e/c.
8pain chapter 41 . 12/5/2017
There is a similarity between how Erik adresses Christ and how he addressed the one-footed girl. It’s a nice touch to see him starting his role as the spirit phases him.
Gloriana Femina chapter 21 . 9/7/2017
Hi, I've been away from FnF for a few years and just now diving into it again. I found this completed story, and I have been loving it! I had to gush a little bit after reading Chapter 21. The bit with the computer not understanding Erik's voice commands was just so well done. I'm always impressed when a writer delivers an intense, emotional moment in a subtle way. I had tears in my eyes.
Merakki chapter 2 . 8/21/2017
This remains to be my absolute favorite fanfiction - ever. Rereading for a second time and I'm sooo excited
Merakki chapter 40 . 5/23/2017
This was so beautiful... I can't believe it's over! I'm so in love with all of this and how the characters were written, and I also can't help but love this ending so much... Ah, I'm mumbling. It's nearly 3 a.m. and I'm honestly not sure what I'm typing... But just know that I've felt more emotion to this story than any other. Wow. I am officially obsessed haha.
Merakki chapter 18 . 5/22/2017
At the end of the chapter, I was expecting it to be a camera room and Christine would figure out what Raoul meant by saying 'butterflies', but no. I got something with some much more angst. Ugh, I seriously had to put my phone down and I simply stared into a nonexistent camera like I'm in The Ofrice. Not enough words can explain the amount of cringe I experienced - oh my gosh

But anyhow, this has been great so far.
1,084 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »