Reviews for My Love's Flame
OBSERVER01 chapter 16 . 8/4/2013
excellent and interesting it up
justaguest chapter 16 . 8/2/2013
I hope this isn't abandoned like all nice Ranma x Sailor moon cross

There is not a lot of good Ranma fics where he forgets that he is man and then submits to being in girl form forever wearing fuku's.
LordOfTheAndain chapter 16 . 8/1/2013
I really like this! It's well written, both in terms of content/plot and in terms of language - you even get the dialogue to flow smoothly, and that is generally the part where I'm most sensitive to the finer nuances of the author's skill. I was a bit surprised when Ukyou showed up, since the blurb seemed to say that this was supposed to be a prequel ("Set before the events of Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon, this is a story of Saotome Ranma and Hino Rei before they meet their destinies.") and neither series' storyline can be expected to turn out the normal way after the events you've now described. That's a problem with the blurb, though, and not with the story.

In a similar way, I was at first a bit wary of adding Hotaru, since having her awaken early will seriously change the SM storyline (and it sort of smelled like "gotta catch 'em all", which is seldom a good reason to include things in a serious fic), but considering the quality work you've done so far I fully expect you to pull that off without a hitch. Speaking of Hotaru, have you set up a timeline for events? This is just a year before SM starts, so in my mind I would expect Hotaru's mom to die pretty soon (I actually was a bit surprised she was still alive). Not that I really know how long she's been dead when they meet her in canon, or for that matter how long after the starting point of the series that is, but I would imagine there would need to be at least some time for professor Tomoe to grow mad with grief before succumbing to Pharaoh 90, and then some more to set up the operation before everything starts.

You asked for our opinions on the longer intro section. I should probably start off by saying that, personally, I don't really like reading stories told in present tense, and especially not in shifting tenses, but I can see the point of using it as a stylistic tool - and you clearly know what you're doing. That said, the main difference with the longer intro is that it becomes a part of the story instead of a presenter introducing the next part of the show. This has pros and cons; basically, with the old style, I simply treated it as I would an author's note (quickly read it to see if there's something important, and then ignore it for the story), which meant that the change in tense served a clear purpose (pointing out that something was not part of the story) and therefore easier to ignore. On the other hand, the short lengths made the tense changes more jaring, especially in the first few chapters before I got used to them. With the new style, it gets less jarring (and less annoying with the non-story matter) but at the same time serves less of a purpose. So, my vote is to skip the intros entirely, but if you must keep them with the new style they will at least add to the plot.

Oh, and finally one minor nit-pick: in chapter 11, you write "A girl with flaxen hair stood on a balcony, her golden gown shining brightly in the light of the sun, a dozen times larger than she had ever seen in Earth's sky." While I guess that could be the fire distorting the image by adding emphasis to the fiery part, I just thought I should point out that the sun as seen from Venus is only a little bit more than double the size of it seen from Earth (radius 1.5, area 2.25). Even from Mercury it would be less than seven times as large; twelve times would be about three quarters of that distane from the sun. Maybe "several times larger" would work? :)
Meech Macko chapter 16 . 7/30/2013
It is refreshing to see A Ranma who is MALE and is in his natural gender here...

In almost all fics he ends up changing to his other gender and at some point he discards his NATURAL GENDER and becomes female full time...wearing fuku (fuku fics everywhere...) , falling for a male or female too and getting prego ...(shudder)

It is somewhat annoying when he changes to his curse form and is only good for laughs and kicks...hard to take the fic seriously.

Do keep the Romance bit SLOWER and not rush with Ranma and Rei...I guess her short lived crush on Ukyo was coz he dressed Male and it also made Ukyo more like those Bishounen type, Ranma can too be like Ukyo IF he grew out his Hair more in his MALE form.

Will there be any HERO moments with Ranma when Rei becomes Sailor Mars...

Until next update...

-Meech
Meech Macko chapter 15 . 7/29/2013
Guess Rei only had a sligh crush on ukyo...but really was into ranma.
Meech Macko chapter 14 . 7/29/2013
I thought this was strictly Ranma x Rei...right?
shugokage chapter 16 . 7/27/2013
Wow amazing story great job!
Anonymous618 chapter 16 . 7/23/2013
It's nice to see this story updated again. Thanks for keeping at it.

What I like about this story is when the teenagers feel like teenagers. The awkward bits of romance between Ranma and Rei are nice, doubly so since it's removed from the conventions of both Sailor Moon and Ranma 1/2. It's refreshing to see.

Ukyou feels like a bit of a third wheel right now, but I like how you've helped develop and settle that story earlier. I'm wondering how she's going to mix into the greater story, especially whenever the Dark Kingdom gets moving.
habib chapter 16 . 7/23/2013
so far so good.

unless you want to kill the fiction ? like Ranma ONLY 1 girl ? yeah kill this fiction that way.

OR !

gather girls and more girls who are powerful. no matter if you bring them from another anime or cartoon.
Hiryo chapter 16 . 7/23/2013
Wow that was an awesome chapter.
Great glimpse what is to come and love it!

Please update soon!
Dumbledork chapter 16 . 7/23/2013
Nothing to critisise. Great job like always.
Aelreth chapter 16 . 7/22/2013
It's rather rare to see a story done from Minako's point of view, especially a Crossover with Ranma. I didn't see anything out of character and you did a good job catching people up with the events that happened in London. Nor did I see any errors in the expository. Thank you for writing this, really enjoyed reading it.
N1cromanc3loveR chapter 16 . 7/22/2013
when the thug mentioned chiba-kun dis u mean mamoru/endymon?
Bookeater-otaku chapter 16 . 7/22/2013
Nice to see all the change from the rought draft. I can officialy say that its better and easier to read now. Good job. Its nice that we will see Minako more in the future, but I hope we will see a lot of Sailor V too.
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 15 . 7/16/2013
Forgot how fun it could be to read about awkward teenage romance. A "First love user manual"...oh if only such a thing really did exist, though the title is a bit awkward.

Seen a few Ranmax(insert Sailor Senshi of choice), but this is the first I've read that pairs him with Rei. Also never seen a pairing while both participant are so young, but it's fun seeing them trying to muddle through their feelings for each other. Instant crushes on meeting and development towards love within 3 days...I'm dreading the inevitable fallout involving Genma, Ukyo, and other characters to be honest. Doesn't sound like it'll be pretty.

Looking forward to finding out Ranma's role in the Silver Millennium. You seem to be keeping the details of that part of the story pretty close to your chest. Nice to have a little mystery instead of long dream sequences within the first few chapters.

Will be following!