Reviews for My Love's Flame
Vahn chapter 1 . 9/21/2013
whoa I thought this ended at chapter 15, im glad I was wrong. heh I also a fan of ykur mlc way back in the day. keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 17 . 9/21/2013
Absolutely brilliant so far. Didn't think you'd have Ranma discover Minako's secret that fast. Can't wait to see where you're going with it.
erikalikesfire chapter 17 . 9/20/2013
This chapter pleases me.

The bonus scene I'm a little conflicted about, though. On the one hand, it is necessary that Ranma's feelings be confirmed from his point of view. On the other, I don't think I like that the first time that happens, it's in a scene from the cutting room floor.

The only reciprocation since Rei kissed Ranma was Ranma kissing Rei and saying that he thought he finally knew what home felt like, but what does that mean from him? A boy with no home, no mother, no sisters or aunts or girl friends as far back as he can remember? What does it mean when a boy with no experience with any relationship aside from the one he has with his father/trainer returns a kiss and says it feels like home?

Before, you had a choice between Rei pondering that question (which may have just ended up tedious), or having Ranma's feelings revealed in his POV (which requires that the romance immediately move toward to the next level, since this one is done), but now you've locked your course with something that isn't even part of the official narrative. It feels like a bit of a wasted opportunity.

... And it's a terrible character flaw of MINE that I can only talk at length about things I think are wrong. Seriously, I really do like your story overall and this chapter in particular, and I think you've grown noticeable as a writer in the months since the first few chapters were published.
OBSERVER01 chapter 17 . 9/20/2013
so far so good
Meech Macko chapter 17 . 9/20/2013
Nice chap and Ranma's is getting observant, hope this pays off and at the least he don't get cursed in the springs coz he couldn't refuse his father and so on turning to a girl is only good for chaos or comedy purpose and then there is the excuse of that to use in fukufics that's now the cliché setting in sailor moon cross where he discards his true male gender in place of his cursed form...

Ranma needs more advanced Ki or chi training to keep up with Sailor moon gang and his trademark moko takabishi blast could be great, The other thing is hard working training always pays off and is naturally more powerful than magic which the sailor moon characters are just born with and they got powers without hard work like Ranma does and he got power and skill with sweat and blood unlike the sailor moon cast who is just born with it.

Only 4 (Makoto, Rei, Haruka and Setsuna) people in sailor moon gang knows martial arts and only Rei knows some Ki or Chi manipulation to a degree but the others are not passionate enough like Rei, only in their Magical form only can perform such blasts or powers...Rei isn't very skilled in on tap fighting like Ranma but she can hold her own... some...more into archery and basic self defence is what she knows, more forward fighters are Haruka and Makoto, then there is Minako but I'm not sure IF she is specifically trained...Setsuna got experience...but she too relies on too much magic and has been inactive for some time.

I don't know what to think of with Ranma's mother, but she DID agree on the seppuku contract, a contract signed by Ranma being just 4 yr old. Perhaps Rei's grandfather can give an address on where she is and he can meet her or watch from afar and confirm himself and then understand what all things is his manipulative father hiding and that his father Lied about her...

So, did Ranma really see through Minako's disguise or was it just a misunderstanding?...thought he was being extra observant and perceptive.

In Canon Rei HAD relationship with Mamorou Chiba and others too...hope Ranma keeps being Honourable sticking to just one relationship without a senseless harem making him dishonourable.

Anyway, until next update...

-Meech
Drac-frst chapter 17 . 9/20/2013
Great chapter! Loved the waff bits, but I've always been a bit of a sucker for em. I'll have to reread this from the beginning again pretty soon to make sure I remember exactly what's going on with Minako though, since I feel like there was some kind of hint in at least the previous chapter about why Ranma can see through her disguise (body language maybe?)

Sorry to hear you had to spend Gamescon working, but at least you got to go eh? How many jobs will just send you to Germany for a convention like that? Working or not I'd love to see Germany. One day... Anyway, I wish you luck with your own flame (maybe you'll get some inspiration for your fic? ;) ) and am definitely looking forward to the next chap!
Gibelyou chapter 16 . 9/15/2013
I did in fact like seeing things from Artemis's perspective. There are a couple of questions I have, as obviously Minako's search for senshi has accidentally found one. What was the method they were planning on using to identify the others? Would they think to use it? Maybe (in true Ranma misunderstanding style) they target Ukyo instead of Rei and are discouraged when their hunch doesn't pan out.
I'm interested to see if you plan on having the lab explosion happen while Ranma is in town. More than likely he would go looking for his student and get involved in that whole mess. Not sure how much of future battles you want to disrupt.
Looking forward to more.
Uchiha Rai chapter 16 . 9/6/2013
Its not often that a story makes me this eager to see what happens next.
Nexus the 13th chapter 11 . 9/3/2013
Damnit, this is going to be a harem isn't it?
ShadowAngelBeta chapter 16 . 8/21/2013
... Ranma's love life can never be simple, can it?
Ashen Author chapter 13 . 8/19/2013
I love the diversity of this story. Please keep it up.
Andrew MacKenzie chapter 16 . 8/11/2013
Excellent story you have here! I look forward to future chapters
LordsFire chapter 16 . 8/11/2013
I'd have to disagree with you; when I'm intensely close to a piece of my writing, I tend to see nothing *but* its flaws. A huge list of things that are imperfect, and thus could, (and should!) be better.

As to direct commentary on your story; I'm expecting to see Minako have a notable reaction to Ranma and Rei holding hands next chapter (or whenever we see her/Artemis' perspective again)

Beyond that, I'm curious as to whether or not either of the R's will be able to sense something off about Minako's disguised from; Rei being a diviner, Ranma being a martial artist of extreme ability (reading body language and physical cues) and perhaps sensitive to her ki.
Six-string Samurai chapter 16 . 8/7/2013
All caught up now. I kind of wanted this bit to be a little longer, but I can see why you ended it where you did. Honestly, reading this has given me a few ideas for continuing some of my own works that are desperately in need of chapter updates. On a side note, this story also has me looking forward to watching the new Sailor Moon that is due to air in the winter/spring season.

I've always wanted to write a proper BSSM fic, and maybe I'll get around to it after seeing this kind of quality prose on again. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the good work!
Six-string Samurai chapter 15 . 8/7/2013
Sweet buildup. Now I'm kind of sad that I've already caught up to the most recent chapter. Really looking forward to following along with this most excellent tale.
264 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »