Reviews for My Love's Flame
Six-string Samurai chapter 15 . 8/7/2013
Sweet buildup. Now I'm kind of sad that I've already caught up to the most recent chapter. Really looking forward to following along with this most excellent tale.
Six-string Samurai chapter 14 . 8/7/2013
While I'm glad you apparently pared down the Kyūdō introduction, it was nevertheless nice to read as it painted a necessary background into character temperaments, and what values/mindsets they're supposed to be learning, versus what some of them actually do. The opening bit still felt a little long, but I think it helped out the rest of the chapter.
Six-string Samurai chapter 13 . 8/7/2013
I think all the dialogue was quality stuff. Builds the characters up bit by bit.
Six-string Samurai chapter 12 . 8/7/2013
The fight was fun, and I agree with the intent of using it to establish a gauge for his abilities. Nice work.
Six-string Samurai chapter 7 . 8/7/2013
The slice-of-life nature in most of this chapter is quite soothing. I like the contrast with the ending bit.
Six-string Samurai chapter 6 . 8/7/2013
Even better chapter. Love the unfolding potential drama. Kudos to your efforts.
Six-string Samurai chapter 5 . 8/7/2013
Loving the development going on.
Six-string Samurai chapter 2 . 8/7/2013
Looks like the only break Ranma can catch is in the head. :)
Six-string Samurai chapter 1 . 8/7/2013
Nice intro. I look forward to the unfolding of this tale.
AiSard chapter 16 . 8/6/2013
Loving this fic :D

Though it does feel like the last few chapters have started developing a focus for the minutae? :/ Not that it was written badly but stylistically it feels like the pace is starting to slow tp a crawl; first with chapter pairs that cover the same timeframes but from different perspectives, and now the almost intense focus on details, together they just massively slow down the pace. As I generally like mid to fast paced fics in general it became a bit of a drag, started skimming the archery and romance bits tbh.

That said I do love the added cate youve given to fleshing the characters out, especially in developing them as the kids that they are rather than the teens we know them as.

hope you update more soon :)
OBSERVER01 chapter 16 . 8/4/2013
excellent and interesting it up
justaguest chapter 16 . 8/2/2013
I hope this isn't abandoned like all nice Ranma x Sailor moon cross

There is not a lot of good Ranma fics where he forgets that he is man and then submits to being in girl form forever wearing fuku's.
LordOfTheAndain chapter 16 . 8/1/2013
I really like this! It's well written, both in terms of content/plot and in terms of language - you even get the dialogue to flow smoothly, and that is generally the part where I'm most sensitive to the finer nuances of the author's skill. I was a bit surprised when Ukyou showed up, since the blurb seemed to say that this was supposed to be a prequel ("Set before the events of Ranma 1/2 and Sailor Moon, this is a story of Saotome Ranma and Hino Rei before they meet their destinies.") and neither series' storyline can be expected to turn out the normal way after the events you've now described. That's a problem with the blurb, though, and not with the story.

In a similar way, I was at first a bit wary of adding Hotaru, since having her awaken early will seriously change the SM storyline (and it sort of smelled like "gotta catch 'em all", which is seldom a good reason to include things in a serious fic), but considering the quality work you've done so far I fully expect you to pull that off without a hitch. Speaking of Hotaru, have you set up a timeline for events? This is just a year before SM starts, so in my mind I would expect Hotaru's mom to die pretty soon (I actually was a bit surprised she was still alive). Not that I really know how long she's been dead when they meet her in canon, or for that matter how long after the starting point of the series that is, but I would imagine there would need to be at least some time for professor Tomoe to grow mad with grief before succumbing to Pharaoh 90, and then some more to set up the operation before everything starts.

You asked for our opinions on the longer intro section. I should probably start off by saying that, personally, I don't really like reading stories told in present tense, and especially not in shifting tenses, but I can see the point of using it as a stylistic tool - and you clearly know what you're doing. That said, the main difference with the longer intro is that it becomes a part of the story instead of a presenter introducing the next part of the show. This has pros and cons; basically, with the old style, I simply treated it as I would an author's note (quickly read it to see if there's something important, and then ignore it for the story), which meant that the change in tense served a clear purpose (pointing out that something was not part of the story) and therefore easier to ignore. On the other hand, the short lengths made the tense changes more jaring, especially in the first few chapters before I got used to them. With the new style, it gets less jarring (and less annoying with the non-story matter) but at the same time serves less of a purpose. So, my vote is to skip the intros entirely, but if you must keep them with the new style they will at least add to the plot.

Oh, and finally one minor nit-pick: in chapter 11, you write "A girl with flaxen hair stood on a balcony, her golden gown shining brightly in the light of the sun, a dozen times larger than she had ever seen in Earth's sky." While I guess that could be the fire distorting the image by adding emphasis to the fiery part, I just thought I should point out that the sun as seen from Venus is only a little bit more than double the size of it seen from Earth (radius 1.5, area 2.25). Even from Mercury it would be less than seven times as large; twelve times would be about three quarters of that distane from the sun. Maybe "several times larger" would work? :)
Meech Macko chapter 16 . 7/30/2013
It is refreshing to see A Ranma who is MALE and is in his natural gender here...

In almost all fics he ends up changing to his other gender and at some point he discards his NATURAL GENDER and becomes female full time...wearing fuku (fuku fics everywhere...) , falling for a male or female too and getting prego ...(shudder)

It is somewhat annoying when he changes to his curse form and is only good for laughs and kicks...hard to take the fic seriously.

Do keep the Romance bit SLOWER and not rush with Ranma and Rei...I guess her short lived crush on Ukyo was coz he dressed Male and it also made Ukyo more like those Bishounen type, Ranma can too be like Ukyo IF he grew out his Hair more in his MALE form.

Will there be any HERO moments with Ranma when Rei becomes Sailor Mars...

Until next update...

-Meech
Meech Macko chapter 15 . 7/29/2013
Guess Rei only had a sligh crush on ukyo...but really was into ranma.
250 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 .. Last Next »