Reviews for The Fifteenth Member Of The Company
Jean Kirkland-Hetalian chapter 1 . 2/16
Two of my favoite fandoms together? I love you!
I enjoyed this fanfic-especially the small conversation Castiel had first with Gandalf!
Effiny chapter 1 . 4/1/2014
This was beautiful, thank you.
fakescorpion chapter 1 . 3/26/2014
The concept for the story is great, the execution, not so much. And I apologize in advance if my words sound harsh.

For the first half of the story, nothing really changed for Middle Earth and the Company with Castiel presented. And in return, the Company barely changed anything in Castiel, with the only part that really caused any effect being that Cas witnessed Thorin accepting Bilbo as part of the family. The whole story would not change much at all had Castiel arrived in Middle Earth as a ghost, an observer. In fact it might make a better story had it been the case, if he learned to care for the Company but is unable or forbidden to really help.

For the second half of the story, the changes simply don't make sense: why would Bilbo and Thorin accompany Frodo as a part of the Fellowship? They are both too old for such treacherous long travel by the time of LotR (movie!Thorin, though much younger than book!Thorin, is still older than Gloin), not to mention Thorin is the King under the Mountain in the story, is he not? It would make more sense if it was Fili and Kili instead, as they are both young enough (being slightly older than Gimli) and with an appropriate background.
Also, the same problem with the second half of the story as the first: Castiel, Thorin, Bilbo presenting in the Fellowship changed nothing at all. They might as well follow the exact same storyline as phantoms.

Castiel's characterization is off, the most obvious being here:
"Men of Dale, Castiel quickly decided, weren't much better then humans of Earth. Just the same confusing, lying lot with ulterior moves. And while Castiel dearly loved Dean (and Sam, and Bobby, and Ellen and Jo, and Jimmy and his family), the humans always made him tired and annoyed.
For that sole reason he preferred dwarves and hobbits. (And angels. Not all of them. Just Gabriel, Anna, Balthazar and Samandriel.)"

This was Castiel in season 4x07, before he turned nice:
"These people, they're all my Father's creations. They're works of art."

I apologize again for my harsh words. You are creative, but there is room for improvements.
Kanda Yuuki chapter 1 . 9/23/2013
... This is pure gold...
FallenDarkness666 chapter 1 . 9/3/2013
The Ghost Who Walks1 chapter 1 . 5/7/2013
Wow, that was a great little story, I really enjoyed it.
DDValentine chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Beautiful ! It was just what I needed. What a wonderful dream you had. Thank you for sharing.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/25/2013
This is fantastic! I love it!
mudkipz chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
Dear lordy... So much feels. Why aren't there more Supernatural/Lotr xovers?!
RoarMonkey chapter 1 . 3/12/2013
So many feels! I love this, it is really good. I did flick back and wasn't going to comment but then I couldn't do it as I enjoyed this so much and really wanted to compliment you on such a good story :D
silmarlfan1 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
I love this! I have happy tears in my eyes!