Reviews for Apocryphal Gallery
Leaffeather chapter 13 . 8/16
please update soon! this is fantastic story! best hijack story compared to others (although that one story came to a close second). will be waiting for the next chapter with baited breath (is that how you say it cause i think it doesnt make sense).
Kovarian chapter 11 . 5/30
*Hey, there are spoilers in this review.
It's been far too long since the last time I read. Not quite as long as it's been since your last update though, so I suppose you have me beat. :P
I forgot just how much I love the narration. The lilt and rhythm of the sentences is truly unique, and in my opinion beautiful. The same can be said for the dialogue. It took me eleven chapters to notice that the care you put into the narration is given to the conversations as well. The balance between the two is perfect.
There's a truth to it the I find beautiful. A lot of fan fiction gets really idealized, lots of black and white feelings and such. You have done a lovely job of keeping not only the characters, but their emotions, their dialogue, and the plot as a whole strikingly realistic.
So much kissing. It's like the story is compensating for the utter lack up to this point. Not that I'm complaining, of course.
Finally, after eleven chapters and god knows how many words, they are finally honest with each other about how they feel. Well, sort of. In place of the trepidation that gripped them for so long, yet more anxiety and withheld feelings form and fail to reveal themselves. Like a baby phoenix rising from it's ashes. It's really the same situation in new clothing, both are too nervous to say what they feel when it's exactly what the other needs to hear.
I'm curious to see if Mary caught on. Even more, though, I'm interested to see how long it takes for North to notice anything. I remember him being suspicious in on of the previous chapters. SO perhaps however seems rather oblivious to the whole thing. Perhaps out of subconscious choice. Now thought that he and Hiccup are being honest, it's only a matter of time. Especially now that Hiccup has eluded to it's existence and promised to tell him in the future.
I would really like to believe that the Spitelout situation is that easily resolved. The writer in me knows better though. Conflict resolution doesn't happen that easily, especially when well written.
I think that was the first real talk Stoic and Hiccup have had since, what? Chapter three? Finally, progress has been made. After how the last one went, it was a little nerve-wracking to start reading that scene. The progression there was gorgeous. The transformation of light and fluffy feels leftover from the beginning of the chapter to deeper meaningful ones made me melt.
As always, I loved the ending. There was quite a bit of resolution in this chapter, so I was nervous that everything would be wrapped in a nice little bow by the time I came to the end. Thankfully though that wasn't the case. While there are still ends to tie up, the was a feel of impending finality, especially near the end.
I think that's all I have to ramble about. Definitely not going to wait another six months to read Shading
HiHelloHowAreYah chapter 13 . 5/22
Amazing. You're a VERY talented writer. The way you say things and how you describe everything- It's amazing. Seriously. You have this... Way of storytelling that just makes me want to read more and more till I'm finished. And I have finished. And it's incredible. It's not just a fantastic fanfic, it's a fantastic STORY. Like, you should become a professional writer and publish stories because you would become EXTREMELY successful. You are PHENOMENAL at writing and the story and idea is terrific. Honestly, you have a gift. Every chapter was greatly written and I just loved every second of it. You mastered the characters perfectly with thier personalities and the things they would say and do if they were in modern day. I loved it. I'm not even THAT much of a Hiccup x Jack shipper, not really. I mean, it's cute, but, yeah, not QUITE for me, you know? But you're so amazing at writing that I didn't even care. You put so much effort and detail into it that I saw Hiccup and Jack as ACTUAL PEOPLE rather than characters from different movies you shipped together. I cared about them, I wanted them together, I genuinely enjoyed them loving each other. They were like REAL HUMAN BEINGS IN LOVE, not animated characters that some people happen to ship. I bet you could use any two characters and write their love story- And no matter how much I hated that ship, I'd still love the story and keep reading it. Very few fanfictions can do that. This wasn't even like a Fanfiction, it was like an actual book I had bought. A very, very, very well written book. Honest to God. And all the characters were perfectly IN character, and I cared about them ALL. By the end of it, I was smiling ear to ear because I enjoyed every part of it and the characters I cared about were happy (I was also VERY sad that I had reached the end). I just couldn't stop reading it. I genuinely wanted to find out more, to know what happened, to see a happy ending. It's so addictive. You truly are amazing at writing. This fanfic- No - This STORY was phenomenal! I loved it, and so will everyone who lays their eyes on it- And if they don't, they're in desperate need of a Mental hospital. It's outstanding, from beginning to end. Apsoloutely and utterly stunning.

Well fucking done.
Lol chapter 10 . 5/22
FINALLY
wubtastical chapter 13 . 5/7
ENDY! Come baaaack! Pleeeaase come baaack! This cant be over! I'm sobbing at the possibility that this is over! WE NEED CLOSURE! Don't leave us hangin', bro! I love this story and you too much for it to be over! Pretty please Endy! PRETTY PLEASE JUST ONE MORE CHAPTER PLEEEAASE! D'x
dragon congelado chapter 1 . 5/3
This is one of my favorite stories!
Keep up the good work!
narutokid16 chapter 13 . 4/24
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST HI-JACK FIC I'VE HAD THE PLEASURE OF READING! Please make another chapter! I need to see hiccup have closure with his father and Snotlout, Astrid needs to mend things with her dad, Hi-Jack needs to go public, SO MUCH NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED . Please keep this work of art going.
PizzaCanBePoetsToo chapter 13 . 4/19
You cannot end it there. I loved it, but there are so many things left unresolved and unanswered. Please don't discontinue this amazing story.
Kayzies chapter 12 . 4/12
Please tell me u just took a break from this and ur actually gonna start it again cause u can't just leave me here on this! Like if be a very cute ending! But there's so much left to say! I mean cliffhanger muuuuch! And yes I'm commenting on this chapter for the next chapter cause I already reviewed it and I forgot what I said and I'm far to lazy to check.
dragon congelado chapter 13 . 3/16
So I was listening to Pandora whole reading and this song called Any Other Name by Thomas Newman came on, and it was the perfect background music for the part when Gothi and Hiccup were "talking". I'm glad that the story looks like it came to a close. Or has it? Anyway thanks for this amazing story about hope, really make me think that maybe I've got a chance to have something good in my life.
dragon congelado chapter 11 . 3/15
T-T YOU MADE ME CRY! And wish that I could have something like that with my dad... But that was a great chapter, you make think that I can tell my parents about the fact that I like guys (I'm one as well). I don't know if I can do it, because they're sort of anti-that. Super amazing great maravilous chapter.
Keep writing
dragon congelado chapter 10 . 3/15
Yay! They did it! I guess the only thing left can be Stoick finding out and maybe North (I still can't decide if he already knows or not). But great wonderful chapter, this story has become my life in a weird way. I don't mean that the same events are playing out
( though I'd be quite pleased if they were to happen), but that I've become obsessed with the story. Keep it up!
dragon congelado chapter 9 . 3/15
So, glad that Jack got everything sorted out, really glad that it doesn't look like this story is going to end in heartbreak. I want to tell you that you don't write, you create a world and let us see it how you want it to be seen. You weave an image so clear, it's hard to tell if it's real or not. Thanks for sharing all this with us humble peasants; oh Great Lord (or Lady).
dragon congelado chapter 8 . 3/15
WHYYYYYYYyyyyy? *picture me melting as I say that* I really though that were about to kiss! Please let them figure it out already and be happy and in love! Otherwise, really great chapter, because now we are sure that they both like each other and are in denial about it.
P.S. Does North know that Jack is interested in guys?
dragon congelado chapter 6 . 3/15
*awestruck* that was amazing! I live reading this, but it's so long and I need sleep; but the urge to keep reading is so STRONG! I will continue tomorrow. Keepth up the great work!