Reviews for Unknown Horizons: Resting a Weary Redhead
brontide chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
This fic is like gold to me. I loved every bit of it of it, and I thought it was very well written, and realistic. Rachel's my favourite character in the series (after Percy of course), and I think that you write her really well :)
eveninganna chapter 1 . 7/4/2013
You wrote a Rachel-not-being-the-Oracle-anymore fic! So proud. I enjoyed it a bunch; your dialog is top-notch as always, and I laughed more than once. Great job!
I will never use this account chapter 1 . 6/16/2013
Why didn't I find this earlier? This is fantastic. I especially like the panic attack part, because it is widely associated with psychological pains and such. The part also makes the story much more realistic. One thing about this is the part of Nico's outburst, when he says "Percabeth's so yesterday if we become a couple. it seems off with his whole speech and his personality, but oh well, I'm still adding this to my favorite's list.
Keep going :)
-Mad
Raffe chapter 1 . 5/18/2013
OHHHHHH snap. And it happens. Rachel/Nico. I just can't get enough of this pairing. What I live about this fic is that it can be so raw and emotional in the middle yet become inspiring at the end. Beautifully written.
omega2199 chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
This is fan-freaking-tastic! Very deep! Great job!
Guest chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
I really liked this story! Excellent writing! I wish i could have seen Nicos reaction when she tells him she is free but i undersrand why you kept it a one-shot!
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Wow, this was amazing! Everything about it was brilliant—the writing, the plot, the characterization. I really like how you described Rachel's situation as the Oracle in the future and I loved your older!Nico. I also really like how you made Apollo a nice guy; I've seen many Rachel/Nico fics in which Apollo is pretty cruel about Rachel's wanting to stop being the Oracle, but I do think Apollo is actually a nice guy and I'm glad you showed that. This was a great, realistic look at how Rachel might stop being the Oracle. Fantastic job! I know this is a oneshot, but I wouldn't object if you continued. ;)
SomewhereBeyondReality chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was such a realistic way of ending the Rachel-The-Eternal-Oracle-Maiden issue. I like the different perspective you gave; that no one expected Rachel to be the Oracle forever and she was only meant to be one as a maiden. The vulnerability of Rachel's was also so sweet, and her courage at the end, you really showed how she was scared of not being part of the godly life anymore, but gave it up for a real life and Nico. The only improvement would be Nico's reaction when he found out they could be together, but great story!
cindella204 chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
Oh boy. First of all, it must be the time difference, but you have a tendency to publish when I'm in Precalculus or Biology depending on the day. Did I mention that I don't like either of those classes? And I have my laptop with me during class? So my new mail alert is all like "New Story from Mission to Marzipan" and that makes it even harder to pay attention than it already was.

Anyway: this story.

ANGST. Which is exactly what happens with these two characters. Poor Nico's got a whole bunch of unresolved Hades' kid issues that he just tries to forget and never deals with. That's why I'm worried for House of Hades: he's in a semi-leadership position, and my word, he has SO much baggage that he hasn't dealt with yet. And then Rachel's got the whole thing going that you discussed in this story, and UHHHHH. Angsty, angst, angst.

I like the way you portrayed Nico in this though. A lot.

-cindella204