Reviews for The Quilt
Chamelaucium chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
Oh wow this was wonderful! Absolutely adorable! I really, really enjoyed this. And no, I can't complain about the length because Iloloved every minute of it! Hobbits are just wonderful.
Well done on this really lovely piece! :)
Aria Breuer chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
Good one-shot story.

Although this story may have fluff, as you say, I thought it was still an interesting tale-within-a-tale story. Quilts are nothing new to me, as I've grown up sewing them and helping those who quilt or sew. So, I could relate very well to this story, and to me the discretion didn't make much of a difference, as I treated this as any other good tale, which worked out in the end. Also, Belladonna finding a way to get Bungo out of the house was clever and funny. In a way, I'm glad Frodo asked Bilbo how he ended up with the worn, aged quilt. I'm agreeing with Frodo, as I wonder what else is at Bag End that has a story.

Good work. Mind if I put this story in my community?

-Aria Breuer

P.S. About the series of one-shots called Games in Middle-earth, that you plan on writing, that does sound like an intriguing idea. Of course, if you're thinking about sports that aren't around during the Third Age of Middle-earth, or even the Fourth Age, Dwarves playing rugby is a good idea, but the tale revolving with them might be amusing to read. Cricket could be another sport the Middle-earth peoples could play... maybe Hobbits or Men. I'm not sure about the Elves... that's about all I can think of, as far as sports or games come, so far.
UniversalIndicator chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
awww this is such a nice story :D
constantlearner chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
My mother used to love, and was very good at, making quilts. The cot quilts she made for my friends' children continued to have a role in games as tents etc. long after they had grown out of cots, so this seems especially well observed to me.
Agena K chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
if there is the loss of a child, I can't find it.( your author notes.) what I do find is a sweet story about a young bilbo baggins' quilt.
seafarer chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
First of all, I love the blessing/benediction that you bestowed upon your grandmother at the very beginning. Allow me to echo your sentiments.

I love this. It's a darling bit of fluff, and I'm sure that Bag End was full of those sorts of little things.

I'd love to read a story like that, but I don't really have any game suggestions.
mwang chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was a great story!
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 2/25/2013
I like stories like this. It is peaceful and quiet. I like how Bilbo tells frodo the story about his old quilt.