Reviews for A Ghost In The Fog
jmar chapter 2 . 4/1/2013
As a mother myself, it's hard to imagine being so distant from one's child - but Mary appears to be suffering from several losses - post-partum depression & becoming a widow. I believe that inheritances laws changed in 1925 for women to inherit estates, so it will be interesting to see if 'things' change for Mary & her outlook on life. I certainly hope that she grows to love her child, to not resent him, or herself, or Matthew. She is not certain about God, so she must feel so very alone at this point...
Vashti chapter 2 . 3/31/2013
I love some of the visual imagery here: the lace effect of Mary's hair blowing against her face, her bending low over her horse for more speed, Edith's blush overhearing her sister's commentary (really like Mary's analysis b/c it sounds just like her in S1) and things like that there. I could name more (all of the late night stuff). The writing isn't as tight here as it was in chapter 1, but again you've got a firm handle on the characters and Downton in general. It feels very much like an episode. Looking forward to the next!
Guest chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
Im so intrigued and excited about where you are heading with this story! I really enjoyed that chapter and can't wait for the next chapter!
Musiclover 09 chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
go back to carson death and have mary confront her father about lieing to her that mathew was dead !
RhythmAndTime chapter 2 . 3/25/2013
Again, this was really good. I like the way Mary acts, no emotion, just detachment. The way she acts with her son is also interesting as I never looked at it in the way she would be detached from her son but it definitely makes sense. Please, update, I need to know what happens next! :D
circa1910 chapter 2 . 3/24/2013
I love a mystery, especially psychological mysteries. Mary's mind has taken her into some dark and dangerous territory. Despair, detachment, delusion-scary stuff. On a basic level I want her to bond with her baby but that looks as hard as showing her real emotions about anything.
RhythmAndTime chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
This was really good, I love how you got inside the characters head! Please, update soon!
Musiclover 09 chapter 1 . 3/20/2013
please up date soon
jmar chapter 1 . 3/6/2013
Certainly this is one trajectory that JF could have taken with canon DA, and it allows for all kinds of storylines to follow. I congratulate you on your undertaking (no pun intended)! and am looking forward to future chapters.
Maria chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
I don't read DA fics, but I've read your House fics and that's why I'm starting this. I know that it will be good, all your fics are,even though you killed Carson and let Stovens live and this upsets me. Fuck Stovens. I'm really looking forward to the next chapter, though.
jwadleigh chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
What? Damn, DAMN! You can't leave it there!

Really, that's just evil. ;)

MORE PLEASE!
Vashti chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
It's not like I haven't read your work before & don't fully believe in your talent, and yet here I am struck all over again by how *good* you are at capturing the tone of the show & getting inside these characters' heads. If there's a flaw it's that you've left us on a cliffhanger...and probably jumped right over my word count. The voices, the temperament, the plotting, the time jumping (which made me flail with glee), are all perfect.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Very intriguing start.. looking forward to learning more!
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I cried. This is brilliant. I can't wait for more.
LadyMaryOwnsYou chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I love this. Very soapy, but also really intriguing. Love Carson's guilt. Can't wait to find out where Matthew's been hiding and what's become of him. Keep going!