Reviews for Watching from the sidelines
trytryagain357 chapter 1 . 4/9/2013
Oh my, that was both lovely and sad. Wow. Thank you for sharing!
Allison Mckenzie chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Wow...what a wonderful've wrote a a very realistic story...
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
This as so sweet, especially this line, 'His daughter – happy and safe and in love with a man who is happy and safe and thinks she is so remarkable that he had to write novels about her.' This was a nice take on the dads meeting, even if Jim was ignorant of the significance of the casual conversation.
LoveJessieLou chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
This is amazing. I have tears in my eyes. This was just so very good. Everything about it was perfect.
bkaye26 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
love it!
Kaz chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Oh wow what an amazing idea, wouldn't this be an incredible scene for the future. Loved it :o) thanks so much for posting. Kaz
Ariel119 chapter 1 . 3/2/2013
Very sweet!
Deb838 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
SparkleMouse chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
MY TWO MEN TOGETHER! (I would basically kill to see them in a scene together, ngl.) I think what I loved the most though is the moment Hunt hears Martha laugh and looks up. It makes me hurt a little. Also Beckett and Castle and their wedding and ahhhhhhh feels. I love picturing Kate like that. I really enjoyed this!
keeker chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Great idea. Thanks for writing
Shena1 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
I love that it's a conversation between fathers! Two men of extremely opposite personalities, but seeing their children with very much the same level of affection.

"She's really changed him… for the better."
"He's changed her just as much. They've made each other better."

Very nice!
Alwaysdreaming2B chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
Awe so beautiful and bittersweet at the same time!
kimmiesjoy chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was lovely, the intimate knowledge, the pain of being on the out side looking in, so beautifully written.
Mark C chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was great.

I liked how Jim was watching as Rick and Kate danced at their wedding reception. It was fun to learn that he had left some dances for Martha, Alexis, Lanie and Kate. But what really impressed me was that the guy Jim was talking to was actually Rick's dad. You did an excellent job with their conversation.

Loved how you had Rick's dad say good night and call Jim by name. Nice touch with that.

The last line was very fitting. Excellent job.
Bookish0278 chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
So sweet! And yet a touch of melancholy. I liked it!