Reviews for Upon a Crooked Path
telle17 chapter 18 . 7/24
That was... excellent.
The tone was softer that what I usually read. This is not one of the -numerous, but still good- fic where they explode in laughter together, or have verbally explosive sex.
This is soft. This is comforting. This is hopeful and without pretention, and I think I saw love in this fic more than I've read it in most. You have a marvelous way of showing emotions without explaining them: not once has Emma wondered to us what she was doing. She let things happen, and you're merely an observer, standing on the side and letting them act on their own.
It's beautiful. Thank you so much.
Han dj chapter 12 . 7/23
This is the third time I read this story of yours. And this is my first time to send a review and is about my take on Henry's attitude. maybe we dont see him the same way cause we are of different culture, in my country the parents decision is final, it is not illegal in here to hit a child as long as it is in a safe part. Given regina lied, about being the evil queen, my take is, does that give him the right to disrezpect a woman who had taken care of him most of his life, lyin or not, to call her evil in front of others? Runaway, steal just show her in the face that she is not his mother?

My mom was adopted (by her own sister) when her mother even before birth decided that she brings bad luck to them. When she was 8 her real parents which was just their neighbor tried to get her back but she just returned to my grandparents (adoptive) and at 16, she was told who her real parents were, but she still decided that the adoptive parents were her real ones because they took care of her

And they were not those that doesnt use iron fist in disciplining, they are strict (as strict as cora minus the magic) and still chooses them. Granted the reasons were different about the adoption, and emma has more logic, my point is his ten years to regina, and i didnt think regina had hit henry to get thta kind of disrespect, if he truly loves her he wouldnt say that and even if he did hed be guilty and say sorry, but i dont see it that way.

Yeah, no child should grovel for their parents love, but didnt henry said that regina isnt his mother? Which means at that point she isnt his parent. And for him to give conditions to regina just to give her some time from his day... is that love? Is that how xhildren suppose to .parentz? So in my opinion, when he the being (no matter what reason) he already give up being reginas son amd therefore she is not his pareny anymore.

Just like how Regina isnt snow white's step mother since she decide to kill her (thats why swanqueen isnt incestuous right?)

Sorry for this long rant. I love this story of yours, i just dont give much emphasis on henry though, i just read the foot note/s on this chap and thought id share my two cents.

I hope this doesn't offend you.

Thank you.
BonnieBooniitaa chapter 1 . 7/17
OMG i love it. I really enjoyed reading it. Your characterization is well-fitting. Thank you SO much for sharing it. Where is the idea of Regina drinking licorice tea coming from? I'm just curious how it tastes haha...:D
vinocibo chapter 18 . 5/14
Thanks for a beautiful story. I love the romance, the passion, the evolution of Emma and Regina. They are magical together.
Lulugurrl chapter 18 . 1/20
that was beautiful! thank you for sharing
Arkielad chapter 18 . 1/3
I loved it sooo good. Thanks
daniethegirl chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
I love this fic so much. I was up all night reading all your SQ fics. :)
Guest chapter 17 . 12/13/2014
Gah smuttyish fluff lovely.

Sadly tempered by yet another author who can't distinguish between the words taught & TAUT.

Tsk ;)
Guest chapter 14 . 12/13/2014
I liked the flowers, the idea of permanence. Lovely.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/13/2014
Fracking bubble bursting Cora.
Damn. Nice twist.
Guest chapter 4 . 12/13/2014
Oh god I do love a good amnesia trope.
And this IS good.
MissParkersBunny chapter 18 . 11/7/2014
Sad it's over, but it was a perfect ending. Great, amazing story. :)
MissParkersBunny chapter 17 . 11/7/2014
Such a great first time. 3 I can't see how anyone would be upset that this happened.
MissParkersBunny chapter 6 . 11/7/2014
Well, I was right about Hook, but wrong about the apartment... I hope Emma finds him at the diner soon, or Regina tells her about him!
MissParkersBunny chapter 5 . 11/7/2014
Hmm... was the guy Hook? I'm not entirely sure...