Reviews for There's a Word for It
Nixh chapter 4 . 4/27/2013
I might have missed this ... But how old is bella meant to be ?
amberkey chapter 4 . 4/26/2013
Holy cheeseburger! I need more of this story
coldcalliope chapter 4 . 4/11/2013
Great chapter! There are a lot of stories about older versions of the Forks HS kids but I particularly like how you portray them. And as a person from a northern city, I do the "a" thing and absolutely hate it. It's just not the most appealing American accent. Just my opinion...
SLKerouac chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Bella sees Edward in class. She is still trying to figure out how he got to her so fast. After class Bella asks him how he got to her. Edward tells her that she imagine it. That Alice told him that Bella was shaken up by what happened. Bella still doesn't believe him then Edward tells her to leave him alone. The next day Bella puts Edward's homework on his desk before class. She avoids him during class. Angela invites Bella to go to the Diner for dinner with her friends. Bella finds out about each of their lives Bella asks Angela about a doctor and Angela ends up knowing more about Bella and tells her a name. Bella ends up at the Homecoming game. She sees her yoga teacher and finds out that it is Mike's ex. Then it came time for teacher-parent conferences. Bella meets Carlisle and Esme Cullen. Bella listens to their accents and tells Carlisle that he is British. He wants to know how she knew. She talked about studying different accents. Bella also knows that Esme is from the midwest area. They talk about Alice but never get to Edward. Bella is told by Angela that the Cullens have never come before. They discuss how good looking Carlisle is but know that he is married. Angela talks about Alice's boyfriend and what he looks like. Bella is now wondering what is happeneing with her? What is it about Edward that is drawing her in? Why did Carlisle and Esme come to meet Bella? What has Alice said to them about what is happening between Bella and Edward? What happens next? Does something happen when Bella is running in the woods? Is Edward watching her? Next chapter!
TwilightMomofTwo chapter 4 . 4/10/2013
Very nice chapter, with lots of good information and even some forward movement. I love how you're following the canon timeline, yet keeping it all your own too. Excellent work!

Thank you for sharing.

TMOT :)
dedication chapter 1 . 4/10/2013
I love your -
Lokua Kanza - Nakozonga

Your writing is superlative.
reve2
1853kaz chapter 4 . 4/9/2013
I wonder where you're going with this? You're supplying a lot of detail, I keep trying to work out what's significant .. Eliza's family had a vampire encounter, I'd guess that much.. Bella unwittingly dropped a few landmines in her convo with the Cullens - funny! I can just see them carving up a bloodless deer for her. As always, enjoyed the update.. Keep writing! :)
Renee Aubin chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Good variation on the “how did you get to me so fast” conversation, where Bella actually knows something about runners (enjoyed the Usain Bolt reference). Of course neither canon Bella nor yours is the least bit willing to be convinced she didn’t see what she did. This made me snicker: ‘…his steps slow and deliberate, a clear message: see, I'm not fast at all.’

Good one, a different way this could “end badly”. I like that she decides to do what she can to give him some space – the kind, responsible, adult thing to do.

Well said: ‘So what was it about Edward Cullen that was so alluring?
Stop right there, Swan. Whatever it was, I couldn't afford to find out.’

Aw, poor Tyler, the accident where his van killed Eric Yorkie must have cast a pall over his entire young life. Mike’s life took a detour, too, with his dad’s death.

OK, now I’m going to have to look up “comma splices”. The nuns in grade school did a great job teaching us grammar, but clearly I need to update my knowledge.

Hmm, truly a problem: ‘…unlike in Tucson, unlike on a big college campus, a fling here would have strings attached that would be difficult to snip.’ Ooh, and what would Edward think about that? Later we see that he doesn’t appreciate the photo of Bella in her track team outfit (well he may actually enjoy the photo itself, but the buzz of thoughts about it would be extremely grating).

Interesting point about the young female ob/gyns refusing to perform a tubal, insisting she couldn’t know what she wanted at her age. Just because she wanted something different from them. Wow, second most common birth control method?

I about croaked when yoga teacher Lakshmi turned out to be Lauren. Hey, at least she has successfully moved on from high school. Ooh, “Namaste, bitches” – I need to find a tote or shirt like that!

"Good," the Clapp said. "Not coming to homecoming is a firing offense." Ugh, definitely enough to brand you as a suspicious outsider.

Funny use of the wolves playing high school football. It fits. Equally amusing: ‘Lakshmi lost her soothing yogini voice, Jessica her real-estate agent gloss, and they chattered like the teenage classmates they once were.’

Yeah, Bella's got trouble now: ‘the image of a certain student kept invading my mind and interfering with my efforts to get myself off. … the memory of arms around me for a second, breath on my face, a persuasive voice in my ear.’

Hmm, a race at a park called Cougar Mountain. I’m suspecting a certain Cullen might be shadowing them?

Nice point about the Alvarezes – being from Arizona, Bella would be used to seeing immigration issues complicating students' lives. And good for her for telling Lauren’s mom that she’s a good yoga teacher. For all the good it does.

Oh my gosh, it IS surprising to see Esme and Carlisle showing up for parent-teacher conferences. Great idea! Oh, and excellent that Mrs. Teague, who may have encountered the nomads, is freaked out by them.
Glad to see someone notice that Carlisle has a trace of an English accent (Mr. Facinelli seemed to notice that too, at least intermittently, snicker). "So who are you, Professor Higgins?" Startling in the midst of this conversation about language that their vampire nature pops up with the question about meals.
Too bad she didn’t get more of a chance to pursue her questions about Edward. Good insights about Alice, though.

Good description of Jasper: “He always reminded me of a tiger in a cage. Fun to look at if you're not worried about being chomped on."

Thanks for the rec of “Chekhov’s Gun” too.
rjh1960 chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Loved this chapter. Bella is funny with her linguist skills and dead on about the Cullens backgrounds. Wonder what Carlisle and Esme are thinking about her. Very smart move with the coffee to keep their hands warm. BTW I too am team diaphragm. A number of years ago when I had to switch gynocologists my new one was shocked when I asked her to fit me for a new diaphragm. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only woman left on earth using one. Glad to know I have some company. I think that you and I have a lot in common.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
I kept his name out of my account of the crash. I deserved an explanation. "- I always thought Bella was pretty rude and ungrateful over this in the book. If she really believes he saved her life, then he really doesn't owe her anything. I don't think she ever really even thanked him sincerely!
midsouthmama chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Ack! I loved the reference to Eudora Welty! She's one of my all-time favorite Mississippi writers. She used to come read at my church growing up (Wednesday night programs). So great that Alice's accent might be similar to hers.

Another great chapter. I'm really enjoying this story...your plot, your writing, everything about it. Thanks for posting!
PenName76 chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
First off, let me just say I had never heard the word vernissage (sp?) before and then I attended one on Saturday night and then came across it again in your story the next day.

Anyway...THIS is getting so good! Love her character and I cannot wait until we get to see more of him and her together. I love the scene at the parent teacher conference and the juggling of all the coffee cups. You are such a talented and gifted writer and I am always anxious to see how you take the raw material and weave it into something much more elevated, insightful and worldly.

I have to wonder what Alice told her parents since I see them testing her a bit as a result. Well that and their son saving her. So sly those two.

This brings me back to high school when I was a freshman and the scandal was the 26yo art teacher having an affair with a senior girl. Apparently, he left his pregnant wife for her and they married. I suspect E & B will handle their affair with much more style and class with you writing it.

As always, I thoroughly enjoy your writing and I hope you never stop writing these stories.
TessLouise chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
I love linguistics! It's the science of English :-)
BelleBiter chapter 4 . 4/8/2013
Unfortunately, I often find myself not liking the 'Bella' in a lot of fanfic... but I really, really like your Bella, her smart inner dialogue, and her slightly jaded take on things. And, paradoxically, I love the slow pace you set of getting to meet everyone - while I *try* not to be rudely impatient wanting to read more of your story right away. Every day I get your story alert in my inbox is a good day :)
BelleBiter chapter 3 . 4/8/2013
I enjoy the twists and extra details you put on original scenes & events in the book - like B. opening a window for a breeze vs. standing in front of a stupid streamer fan in the last chapter, as well as the way you wrote the whole parking lot incident in this one (especially the brief but meaningful conversation between B & E).

And - apropos of nothing - thank you for not making Alice a supremely hyper dervish I want to strangle. Yet.
1,880 | « Prev Page 1 .. 106 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 .. Last Next »