Reviews for There's a Word for It
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 1/16/2017
I was hoping that because the four of them were there and discussing their relationships, that Bella would learn of the power of 'mate'. That Edward has mated with her and she him, even though they've not consummated their relationship. I did like that the conversation between Bella and Raquel stayed in best friend territory. That they had an understanding of one another and what was going on. I really liked that Raquel was pissed abou learning of Jake's plans. It would only cause them all to leave there. With Bella losing her career. It certainly wouldn't have her staying and them leaving, which I think he thinks will happen. It was wonderful that Edward threatened the Volturi coming and how they were the ones the Quiliuetes feared. That it would not stop at the wolves, it would include their imprints. Hopefully, this will be enough of a deterent for Jacob but, he has not imprinted, so maybe not. It was quite a brilliant move on Alice and Edward's part, to have Seth get all the glory for stepping in and 'saving' Raquel and Bella. Funny, too. Quite the feat, once they got back to Bella's, with Edward and his control. I expected a roar from him, when he first experienced coming with Bella, not a whimper. However, they succeeded in bringing out that level of intimacy, without him losing his restraint. I hope the family talks of mates, when she meets with them. And, what happens when one leave another. That should change her mind about a few things. It may even make Raquel grateful that Edward can give Bella this gift, as she'll have her best friend a lot longer than ever expected.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 1/16/2017
I'm glad they discussed his lack of bedroom skills. It was great to learn he wants to learn and that he's glad she does have experience. That one of them should. It was smart of her not to tell him that she almost did go with Riley. It would be an unnecessary harm to him, since she ultimately chose not to. His power of persuasion was new, right? That I don't remember from canon. I remember she would get 'dazzled' by him, yet not persuaded. Does that mean he has the power to change her mind completely? I do hope she tells him that she suspects she will die very young. It would be awfully selfish of her to start something with him, thinking it won't have an impact on him. Although, to her defense, she doesn't know what imprinting and mating is yet, to wolves and vampires. I think she's about to with Raquel and Seth about to come to her home. I hope that Seth has told her he can turn into a wold, and not just about Edward. Or, Bella is about to open that can of worms.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 1/15/2017
I very much loved this chapter. Their conversation was full of wonderful questions and answers, as well as storytelling. I liked that she asked his age and that she is no longer worried about their age difference, as it has reversed by many years. Though they will stay discreet because of their positions. His being very candid was great. I loved that he acclimated to her scent through the classroom and their runs, in lieu of him sneaking into her room at night. Unless he has and that hasn't been shared yet. It was interesting to learn that Seth and Raquel have imprinted and she doesn't know this. He really has a lot more than being a wold to explain to her. The hint of Bella having a short life span keeps filtering in and I hope she shares that with Edward soon, so we the reader knows why she feels this way. Is it an actual thing or, is it just a feeling she has. I'm guessing that Rosalie will be far more accepting if this Bella will die young and she's already tied her tubes. Canon Rosealie's reasons falling moot on your Bella.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 1/15/2017
Her reaction was perfect. She poured wine, then didn't drink it. She wanted to call Raquel, yet chose not to. Loved that she text Seth and told him he had to tell her, or she will. Brilliant! I loved that it was Esme that showed up at her door and took time to speak with her. If it had been Edward or Alice, it would've fell flat. Esme held more weight. I liked that she chose not to ask Edward anything, except his favorite color. His question of her first kiss, was a good one. I have the feeling that that kiss was his first. Absolutely laughed that he showed up dressed in the running tights and all she could do was drool through her run. Loved that they went for their hike but, he ran carrying her instead. Wonderful. Her loving it, in lieu of feeling sick, was very refreshing. Her not asking questions and telling him things instead, was perfect. Her telling him she loved him was such a surprise. That kiss at the end, wowza!
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 1/15/2017
Well, clearly Edward followed Bella to Laconia, as she saw the SUV with the illegally tinted windows. Shame on Charlie, as he's a coward. I can understand why Bella is so fucked up about some things now. She's has a right. Shame on Jacob and Seth, for doing what they did. Poor Quil being abused in that sense. He wanted to do this for the reasons Bella said she wanted to. Now, Jacob has taken that from her. Plus, it seems that Quil won't be around much longer with that cough of his and his age. I loved that Bella called Seth a hypocrite. She hit the nail firmly on the head with that. I hope he feels remorseful. Bella is not Jacob's to care about. The fact that he just met her a few months ago, well after she met the Cullen's, should mean something to Bella. I've never been a Jacob fan, yours makes me even less of one. I get that Bella turned Edward away at the end of the chapter, as she needs time to think and process. I just hope that Edward gets it.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 1/15/2017
I was going to ask when I reviewed this chapter, how is it that the teens have changed and Jacob hasn't? Then you had him going through it in this chapter. So I suppose now, Jacob's going to turn into a dick about the Cullen's. How unfortunate. I had hoped for a Raquel/Jacob pairing but, it seems you've got Seth/Raquel going on instead. Always like Seth but, it seems your Seth is much older than canon Seth and he hates the Cullen's. Canon Seth loved them. I hope your Seth comes around. We'll see. I have a feeling this Justin is going to be an issue. Especially with his right across the street from Bella. I hope that Angela and Ben can find their way to one another. So much time lost with those two, without it even being necessary. Just like Bella mentioned, why didn't Mike mention to Ben that Angela feels the same? Rude. Progress with Bella and Edward in this chapter. I really liked that he asked her to dance. I very much liked that he asked her not to run from him. I'm hoping he can't 'hear' her. That you've kept that canon.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 1/15/2017
I really do look forward to those pieces coming together for her. She's realized now that he's the apple giver. I liked that Esme came with Edward to church. Her very simple request that Edward keep running with her, was not surprising. Alice must've seen her asking him to stop running with her, and they formed this plan. I like their conversations. I did like that he flinched when she mentioned Dracula. Liked that she noticed. I don't like that Jacob is still around and seems very susceptible to the scent of Edward. Wonder if Edward will have the same reaction when he comes on Sunday? It was quite nice that it was Carlisle this time with Edward at church. Both of them coming with Edward, clearly showing approval of his choice of Bella. I'm quite confused by your bottom a/n.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 1/15/2017
Wait until she figures out that Edward's quote of Shakespeare's was very much on point. I'm looking forward to all of the puzzle pieces coming together for her. The apple was a lovely touch. The reader knows it's from him. She has no idea. The fact that he's been silently there while she's running, was quite the tell of his infatuation with her. Thankfully he has, as he was there to get the mountain lion away from her. I do hope he got back to it in time to at least drink it. That it hadn't cooled. Or, maybe he was so fast that he drained it before she got up, poised with her rock. Either way, I hope he enjoyed his favorite, before it cooled. Even though it is inappropriate, I like that he's running with her. It is one step closer to them getting together. I hope that Jacob is gay. Or, that he thinks of Bella as a sister, in lieu of potential girlfriend. Although, with his kiss on her cheek, I don't think that's the case. I'm not a fan of Jacob, and now she'll be spending time with him teaching him to cook. In hopes of learning their language.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 1/15/2017
Im guessing Jacob is nearly the same age as Bella in this, as he is in canon. I'm sure he was quite happy about her invite to come to her house. Wondering if Alice's being in the classroom just at the right time, had anything to do with the missing part to her car? Did they purposely have the shop without the part, so that they could all go to Seattle together? I was surprised that Edward came along, with how he can't quite stand to be around her scent yet. Although, that really gave him ample opportunity to get acclimated. I was so glad that she did not go with Riley. I would've had to skip those paragraphs. Bree's generosity seems to have come from the Culken's, yet Bella has not learned that just yet. I just remember Bella getting that same scholarship in THE books. Seems that Edward purchased the painting of Bella, along with others. Seems a trip to Paris is in store for Raquel and Bella. Hoping Raquel will be the imprint for Jacob, with her being in a tribe of her own. Since there will be no Renesme for him to imprint with. In case they decide to come after the Cullen's . . . they would need that connection. Or, this way Bella will be able to keep her best friend in her life forever, if she imprints with him. I'm getting way ahead here. Need to get Bella and Edward together first.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 1/15/2017
I decided when I was sixteen that I never wanted children. I love kids, even babies and especially teens. I just never ever wanted them for myself. Thankfully my husband was okay with not having them too. We're about a year away from successfully making it out the other side without having them . . . YAY! I understand Bella's reasoning and I don't even know her reason yet. It sickens me that most gynos refuse to let you have your tubes tied. It is your own body to do with what you want. You don't see young twenty something men being refused a vasectomy. Nope, they get heralded for being smart and told it is reversible if they ever choose so. When that can sometimes not be reversed. Interesting that Carlisle and Esme came to meet Bella. I rather like that they did. Clearly interested in meeting the one that has captured their son's attention. Even if Bella doesn't know this.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 1/15/2017
I was surprised he came back to school so soon. I was also happy to learn she's only just newly twenty-four. So only a little less than seven years separates them, if his birthday is still in June, as is with canon. At least he was compelled to save her. I liked that she withheld information from the driver and the police. Alice did very well in omitting everything necessary. I wonder if Alice already knows that Bella is fluent in Spanish? If she's 'seen' it.
ChristyWIX chapter 2 . 1/15/2017
I was hoping this would be one of the very rare ones that her scent didn't kill his throat. At least he's in the class with Alice and she was able to assist him in not going near her. Keeping him seated. Turning in their work for both of them. I really like that she's running the trails around her home. Although, that may be problematic later. Justin seems he may b quite the little shit later on.
ChristyWIX chapter 1 . 1/15/2017
Jumping into this one. I'm intrigued. Worried about the age difference but, that may not be what it seems. I'm not sure if she was referring to herself being thirty or, the teacher in the article. She's got to be in her mid-twenties at the least. That's a lot of years for a seventeen year old Edward. Even though he may be one-hundred and seven in this. They wouldn't be able to date at all. Not to mention she wouldn't even want to.
Olenka chapter 21 . 12/29/2016
Thank you very much for your story - especially so for the opportunity to learn something new about languages, new words, family trees and genetics...
I only have one comment really that bothered me a bit - i do not recall a single instance where Edward actually tells Bella that he is in love with her - only not so romantic "mates forever" talk...
Anyway a great story, simple really but splendidly executed.
ninny 1 chapter 21 . 12/28/2016
You should not have any insecurities you are a wonderful writer with a fantastic imagination I love every one of your 21 chapters better than the original
1,880 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 .. Last Next »