Reviews for A Prince's Disgrace
Nalbal chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This is horrible! I mean!- it's AMAZINGLY written, but so horrible and sad and painful! UGH. Darn those musies of yours. Good gracious!

Honestly, there are few things worse than a lonely, sad, and terrible birthday...

I can't wait to read more!
Wayward Dragon chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
And yet another wonderful, but agonizing story! Love it!

As much as I hesitate to feed such rabid little monsters, here's some of my dinner for the muses! (Do they eat meatloaf?)
ScribeOfRED chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
This is... amazing. The range of emotions I went through while reading this was astonishing. I had to stop reading numerous times in order to get my breathing under control. I do think Kíli's imaginings that his family doesn't care are inflated inside his own head, but, then again, he is a highly passionate Dwarf that experiences everything deeply so it makes sense he might be feeling slighted. The reunion between him and Fíli (and Thorin) is going to be wonderfully angsty.

I'm positively ravenous for the next chapter - but not, I imagine, as ravenous as the little Muses. Would oatmeal sweetened with loads of sugar, cream, cinnamon and nutmeg placate them? We can't have them feeding Hermit to a dragon, after all - that story's too good not to continue!

RED
Guest chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Awesome start :) I'm looking forward to seeing what Fili and Thorin do... :)
WiredInTheSky chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Kili! How have you managed to capture my interest so quickly with one chapter? Fili, you should have been with your brother! D:
Please update soon! I have stocked up on food to feed your greedy Muses. ;)
Mzzmarie chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
For every punch/headbutt/kick that Kili threw, I offer the muse one bucket of cotton candy. And for every punch/kick/headbutt that the drunks threw, I offer the Muses one bucket of caramel corn. Now that's a WHOLE lot of sugary goodness! And this story is a WHOLE lot of sweet-awesomeness! ;)
acacia59601 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Yay! Kili torture! *Offers strawberries dipped in Swiss chocolate*
chestry007 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Poor Kili. I really don't think he gas anything to be ashamed of and I'm sure Uncle would agree.
Ballykissangel chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Oh dear poor kili! I can't wait to see what happens next :)
AutumnSapphire9 chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I like this start! You are way to cruel to the heirs of Durin, but we all like it that way don't we? Makes for a very interesting story. Food all around for your competitive little muses! Here are some b-b-q chips and a smoothie. trust me. Your muses will love this combo. (least I do).

Can't wait to see what happens next. So poor Fili gets to be tortured by your muse next eh? The guy is pretty darn tough. I am sure he will survive all right. :)
Italian Hobbit chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Oh gosh, this is painful. Poor Kíli. I would have reacted the same way to such insult. Those men were absolutely cruel! And it being his birthday and all... Worst. Birthday. Ever. Breaks my heart :(

The lack of justice here kind of bothers me - is there going to be more, or did you intend it that way? Not every story has a happy ending, of course, but I want there to be one, for Kíli's sake xD but it is also fine the way it is if that was your intention. (Though it does speak of gratuitous violence if nothing else happens.)

ONE tip - "breath" is a noun; "breathe" is the verb you are looking for. :)

Overall, excellent writing, as is to be expected from you. The flow was excellent and the action was well-described. I felt cold and wet reading this :( and sad for my poor Kíli! Love reading your work.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Tying poor Kili up... with his own hair? Genius, but so, so cruel.

Translation: I love it.

I do hope some understanding help is on the way.
kilionwaywardson chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Oh, Gosh. That was beautiful. Your writing, /everything/ is. I really cannot wait for the next chapter, I feel like this story is bound to become one of my fave fictions ever - and I have read many, many, many. Anyway. Congrats on the awesomeness.
sashach chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
oh, my poor prince! how my heart ached for his pain!

(puts down 12 freshly baked blueberry muffins for both Muses)

please let there be hugs for Kili. 333