Reviews for Pokemon: Starting Off Right
SemI happy fan chapter 13 . 11/20/2019
PLEASE CONTINUE THE STORY! THIS STORY IS ONE OF MY FAVORITES TO READ, AND YOU ARE QUITE POSSIBLY THE BEST AUTHOR I’VE SEEN IN A VERY LONG TIME.
Megalania chapter 9 . 9/30/2019
hopefully he gets all the rare pokemin from the safari zone
TheSummerSet chapter 13 . 5/15/2019
I don't know if you'll read this but you're one of my favorite authors here man. It started with your Harry Potter and the Hidden Truth and extends to this story. I love you writing style and if you could come back that'd be awesome. Best of luck to you bro
Ruairi J.L chapter 3 . 2/8/2019
Here's the thing: you're absolutely right that teenagers will more often than not have several relationships before their twenties. It is indeed very rare that their first relationship will be the one that lasts.

However, by blatantly TELLING us outside of the story that it is definitely going to fail, you are removing any interest that people may have in the romantic element of their relationship. What's the point? You may as well just not write it at all, because we have no reason to become invested in it when we know that its failure is a foregone conclusion before it has even started. Leave this sort of stuff to your writing, not to footnotes. I know that I don't have to read them, but when they're in bold capitals and smack in my face underneath the last line of the chapter, they're impossible to ignore. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I want to be shown, not told.

That gripe aside, I'm enjoying the rest of the story.
DreigoththeVampireGod chapter 1 . 1/2/2019
Like the concept of silver being ash's dad
Poke-ranger21 chapter 1 . 12/11/2018
please update your story is awesome
KyuubiDragneel chapter 13 . 10/3/2018
What a great story, hope you can continue it sometime
Tilty.bbb chapter 13 . 9/2/2018
This was a fantastic read well done
K1NG and J0K3R chapter 13 . 6/8/2018
It's been like 2-3 years now since this updated but I'll just leave a review here.
With how things are going, Ash may very well be the second coming of Red, and Red is part of this world you made since he was the one that toppled Team Rocket. Does Ash replace Gold's role as the one who disbanded Team Rocket forever? Who knows. This story is/was doing good so far if you value updating it.
capnbooth4 chapter 13 . 2/16/2018
Can I get a harem list? I already know Misty and Sabrina.
WolfSongGirl chapter 13 . 12/28/2017
For the three pokemon being written out, I would prefer to see Scyther choosing to be trained by a master. Gyarados I'm kind of sad to see being written out, I liked the idea of having her in the background, not really liking to fight but just supporting all the others and helping them train. Still, if you are determined to be rid of her, why not have Ash run across a sanctuary/healing center for wild pokemon/hatchery near the ocean that is having trouble-making pokemon attacking it and young water pokemon having trouble growing and getting stronger due to a lack of older ones to help raise and train them? Gyarados could find her niche there as a protector, role model, and trainer to the little ones. As for Kadabra, I would love to have Ash watch a contest and Kadabra fall in love with the intense strategy, grace, and creativity of the contestants. He would decide that, in following his mothers guidance of developing his mental powers and curbing his aggressiveness, contests would be the best way to do so, since normal battles are still very physical. So he would ask Ash to trade him to someone who wants to compete in contests in return for a contest pokemon that prefers the more intense training and less diva like attitudes of battlers. I don't care what Ash gets in return, though a Milotic might be interesting, simply because they are almost exclusively used for contests. Or for more character development, a Feebas that the coordinator had wanted to evolve into a Milotic. Anyway, I think that those destinations and roles would fit the pokemon being written out best. Gyarados especially would need to be handled carefully, whatever you choose to do, simply because of her intense loyalty and the bond between her and Ash due to her saving his life.
noddwyd chapter 13 . 12/23/2017
I wonder if there will ever be a story of an ice type only trainer?
Salamence989 chapter 13 . 10/9/2017
Update already
reptoholic chapter 13 . 10/5/2017
Kadabra could be a gift to Sabrina. If you go this rout he may not get something as compensation, unless she gives him another pokemon in return. If he is a strength type of psychic you could have him given to Professor Oak to help on the farm and have him get something in return.

Gyarados I think is kind of interesting due to you giving her a mothering nature. You could have her stay on the farm and Watch over his little ones. Swap with Misty due to her being on good term with each other.

Scyther I don't know who you could trade to. Genesect due to the nature of that pokemon like Mew 2. If not Volcarina.

Honestly the pokemon that are my favorites are Dragon like pokemon along with Ghost and Psychic. If would say Frosslass would suit him along With Goodra. Goodra you could embellish a lot with its past due to it being considered as REALLY WEAK when it is small. I personally LOVE the dratini line, but if you are trying to get away from the most popular, I can tell you would want to skip it.
reptoholic chapter 12 . 10/5/2017