Reviews for The Long Road Home
Coofis chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
King Vegeta's POV. Nice.

I've always viewed Vegeta's father as an honorable warrior who was dealt a bad hand by Frieza's tyranny. Some authors on here paint the King as an abusive man - corrupted by bloodlust - but flashbacks that Vegeta has throughout Dragon Ball Z communicate otherwise. As a major Vegeta fan, I've spent a long time investigating the relationships Vegeta had with his father, Frieza, the Ginyu Force, etc. during his childhood and early adulthood. Frieza put King Vegeta between a rock and a hard place: give up the five-year-old Prince, or become the catalyst for his people's annihilation. He had the best interest of his subjects in mind, and he chose to sacrifice his son to the whims of that cruel, sadistic Icejin instead of sign the Saiyans' death warrant. (Of course, Frieza slaughtered the Saiyans anyway, but at least they died with the hope that their Prince might one day avenge them...)

But yeah. This was a lovely oneshot. I love how the King's words echoed in Vegeta's mind as a sort of comfort to him. It definitely earns a place on my Favorites List. :)
-Coofis
too-much-inspiration chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
The perspective does make it interesting to read. I am not sure if King Vegeta is entirely in character or not, but I guess it would be impossible to truly tell. In any case, I figured it had to be someone watching from the afterlife or from behind the fourth wall.
jessi chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Great story!
K.N chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Somehow I guessed it in the first 3 paragraphs xD Nice. Your writing has inspired me to look for more King Vegeta/Prince Vegeta Father/son fics due to the sheer awesomeness!
Hallolo chapter 1 . 5/27/2010
YAY!I knew it would be one of his parents! I have a feeling it is his mother rather than his father... Original POV, that makes it even more interesting!

Thanks a lot!

Hallolo
gizmogal chapter 1 . 7/26/2009
Wow, I thought it was Radditz. I didn't even consider King Vegeta. Good one.
D4cHilliN chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
HAHA!

Give me a cookie or something because I SO guessed who it was before I read the end :P

AWESOME fic though. Very original.
AnimeGirl622 chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
YAY!

OMG! I love how you write for Vegeta! YOU SO ROCK! I pretty muched guessed it was his dad but still go you!

Plz write more Vegeta! XD

XoXo Ashley
Garowyn chapter 1 . 6/13/2004
Sad but otherwise written really well. )
Shika.Tot chapter 1 . 4/19/2004
Veggie story! Gotta love em...:)_
Konneko-chan chapter 1 . 3/20/2004
wOOt wOOt! ::does a victory dance:: yayy! i guessed it right from the beginning! hehehe...VERY good ficcy...and NO DBZ is complete without mentioning a certain demi-Saiya-jin... ::coughcoughGOHANcoughcough:: hehehe...keep up the good work! .
GenieT chapter 1 . 1/18/2004
*sniff* that's so sad...
*quote:* Your heart, which up until that point you hadn’t believed existed, broke, and you wept. You begged for Goku to avenge you and your people.
*points upward* i havent seen that episode... WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THAT EPISODE!
nikki chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
i knew it! damn, that was good! you had fun writing it, i had fun reading it :)
Thanatos Nemesis chapter 1 . 6/16/2003
*sniff* Yeah i guessed... i was right too... That was REALLY good! I havent read something like that before... it was really origanal!
IMpuLsIvE THouGhTS chapter 1 . 5/18/2003
That was great. At first I thought it was frieza who was reflecting vegeta but the nI realized that it was his father. Good Job!