Reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Bling
MuggleCreator chapter 23 . 1/4/2015
Good stuff.
MuggleCreator chapter 22 . 11/30/2014
Nice to see you back, but don't sorry. Real Life is Real – take the time you need.
AnimeGIRL2014 chapter 21 . 7/21/2014
Next Chapter Please! LEGOLAS!
MuggleCreator chapter 21 . 7/8/2014
Yes, I'm the same one.
Gah! How could you?
I'm holding out hope he'll be sent back 'early' so to speak, from the Halls. But...
Wow. I actually like this story all the more now, cos you actually weren't afraid to screw with canon completely. Still, how could you? ;'(
MuggleCreator chapter 20 . 7/1/2014
Nice stuff. Oh, choices, indeed!
My favourite line has to be the "May Varda bless you, mortal" - "Ditto" exchange at the end there.
MuggleCreator chapter 19 . 6/28/2014
Poor girl.
Natacha chapter 18 . 5/7/2014
I waited this chapter for so long! That's just to excellent for my own good . I hope we'll have next chapter soon )
MuggleCreator chapter 18 . 5/4/2014
Ooh...
MuggleCreator chapter 17 . 2/22/2014
Foolish? Nah... Just dreamin'.
Good stuff.
Kyle chapter 2 . 2/21/2014
Yeah like in real life it would be THAT easy to accept you're in a different culture with no modern technology as a lot of our technology goes back tothe early 1900s including the refrigerator and the refrigerator wagons that goes on trains to keep food cold during storage for long distances without spoiling.

Heck it's enough of a culture difference going between Britain and the USA especially when both sides are rude to each other but that aside it's an adventure when bringing you're electronics over as each country the electricity runs at different speeds or cycles per second. 60 cycles per second in America and 50 in the UK which is a slower speed and will burn out you're electronics that only work at our speed unless you get a converter.

Back to fridges
In the early 1900s you had what was known as an icebox where the iceman delivered ice every morning to keep food cool but sadly not frozen and it would only last a day before the ice melted soyou had to find a cool spot in the house to put the icebox in to keep the ice in it going.

The fridge we know as today came out in 1923 by Frigeaire and looked like 1923-Frigidaire-Domestic-Electric-Refrigerator/dp/B005DGXVF2

I love that ad print. Ads in the 1920s were so much neater then today.
MuggleCreator chapter 15 . 1/14/2014
Gandalf, there is a thing called a butterfly effect. Change happens when the story is altered (e.g., with a new character) – whether you like it or not!
Heatblizzard chapter 1 . 10/29/2013
Warning. This review may containt flames,constructive criticism,advice or all of the above.

There are plenty of ways to write a LOTR fic without having the OC be extreme to either a full blown Mary Sue or a piece of baggage going along just for the ride as we have seen the script so many times why reread it?

There are plenty of topics on forums such as What if Gandalf hadn't died? Or "What if Gandalf called the eagles to carry the ring?" As even though the enemy might be alerted to the use of flying eagles they could stay well out of reach of Orc Archers which only Frodo and Gandalf would need to go. Of course that would make a pretty short story but entertaining none the less.

Have you ever played Battle For Middle Earth? In that game if you play as Mordor in Skirmish Mode the Nazguls actually DO NOT last long against fire arrows and once they start turning yellow you should take them out of the action. If you wait till they are red then you are likely too late as they will be killed while turning around.

It's very sickening that fanboys think that the slightest change to a story is an automatic death sentence and people like you who are squealing fanboys makes Uruk-Hai better company.

Quote from Battle For Middle Earth high pitch guy: "THEY'RE ATTACKING FROM OVER HERE!"
sari chapter 10 . 9/1/2013
Will it continue at all !?
Winged-Violoncelle chapter 13 . 8/3/2013
Well, I have finally reached the end of all your chapters :). Here's a review as promised.

(Spoiler alert for those who may like to check reviews before starting a story)

Generally, I'd like to see more about that magic ring explained. Did it have any function other than speech translation? Did it disappear after the first part? If so, is that why Aragorn suddenly commented on Alex's speech being strange, when nobody had made a comment about it before? You're probably going to explain this later. But I must admit my favourite parts in the first chapters were when Merilieth argued with Alex in the mind. It'd be a pity if you sketch the elleth out to be a dream and scrap her altogether in the second installment. Oh, and I've also found the dream thing in Ch11 to be a bit abrupt. I hope you expand on that later, too.

I won't repeat the same things I've already pointed out in my PM except this: less script, more paraphrasing and improvisation. Even if it's a tenth walker, this story is YOUR work and it would not do to just repeat the movies. In terms of character, Alex has promise, and she certainly differs from a stereotypical Mary Sue in terms of her abilities, and her determination not to change the plot (I'd like to see a little more struggle from the other characters regarding this. Whether Alex was from a different dimension or not, it's hard to know that a life could've been saved but was not, and still be relatively calm about it). I've seen one of your reviewers comment on how she has done nothing, but frankly, when a modern girl falls into ME, I doubt that she'd be able to do anything useful anyway. So I think you've done that well, but you should certainly get her to participate a bit more to show her growth. Even the most brilliant plot can be darkened by one-dimensional never-changing characters (case Game of Thrones).

I do see sometimes that you're trying a little too hard to not make her a Mary-Sue, like when she hums modern songs and instead of amazing the Fellowship with her beautiful voice, she ends up having them laugh at her intonation. It's funny, but I've seen things like this done a lot too. Depending on my mood, I could actually miss the humour and simply see "oh, she's taking a Mary-Sue cliché and panning it." This may sound foolish to you now, but the best way to avoid writing a Mary-Sue is not to try to avoid it :). Discard your knowledge of Mary-Sues altogether. Forget that they exist. Just focus on putting your shoes in the character instead of pointing out Mary-Sue qualities and emphasizing that your character doesn't have them.

There are some minor diction problems, for example "messed up" in Ch3 isn't quite Middle-earth-esque. But I'm sure you can fix that quickly enough. I know this critique might sound scary and a little harsh, but in truth, I wouldn't be blathering this much at all if your story didn't show promise :). You've done a pretty good job with tenth walker material, which, in my opinion, is pretty darn hard to write well. Keep writing and good luck!

All the best,