Reviews for The Day's Running Down
Frakking Toasters chapter 1 . 2/7/2014
Wow you really know how to pull at the heart strings. This is beautifully tragic. I loved it, but no surprises there. xo
Headoverheels14 chapter 1 . 3/22/2013
That was very sweet.
BranchSuper chapter 1 . 3/3/2013
Good story.
CaroBaldwin chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
This was so well written. Using the play as a metaphor for Sam's reality, and weaving the lines of the play throughout was sheer genius! You are such a talented writer. I am enamored with the beauty of your writing. Loved this!
zekeschance chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Very nice story. Love all the parallels with the play and the boys lives. Thanks.
emebalia chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
"Behind them, the clock ticked." I always wondered if Dean knew that college had to come up at some point.
Nice tie in with the play.
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Excellently written, this really made me smile and touched me, even though I haven't actually ever watched the play. Thanks for writing
SPN Mum chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Dean might have thought the play was mostly boring, but he enjoyed Sam's performance. Unfortunately, he didn't know how some parts of the play paralleled his and Sam's lives, or how much Sam was taking the lessons of the play to heart. The play is a very cerebral one, and a lot of people miss the deeper meanings, but I can see where Sam wouldn't. It made him appreciate just what he would be leaving behind, if he got accepted to college, and ended up leaving his brother and dad. Dean sensed the inner conflict the play was bringing out in Sam, but he didn't know what was causing it. I wonder if Dean will remember those feelings, when Sam tells them about Stanford later on?

Very nicely done story. :)
Katy M VT chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
I never cared for the play Our Town. I kind of wish you had included Sam's thoughts about the play, but on the other hand, I liked seeing it completely through Dean's eyes and his concern for Sam.
threedays chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Oooooh, ow. I am a sucker for a perfect last line and that's about the most perfect last line you could have written for this excellent story.
Faint Praise chapter 1 . 2/27/2013
Lovely "missing scene." Or missing play, as it were. And I like the asides about Dean's perception of Sam's growth spurt/height.