Reviews for Paradise 6
MiyaKasumi chapter 15 . 5/6/2013
These stories are beautifully written. I must say I am sad that this one ended as a summary I was enjoying it emensely. If you have it pretyped and would not care to send the rest to me by email I would love it. Your attention to details and deeper meanings is what drew me in. Even in the summary I got the whole idea of the story and it is truely beautiful.
Enjeru chapter 15 . 5/11/2011
You make me both live and hate this story. Love the plot and writing style and characters, but of course hate that Hiei dies and that Kurama couldn't be with Kurosaisei (sp?) in the end :(

So in other words it was brilliant.
The Typhon Serpent chapter 15 . 3/27/2010
I honestly don't know what to make of this.

I want to start by saying do not listen to the haters (I just read a few of the reviews). People want happy endings, when a story doesn't end well, they're forced to face the fact that real life isn't always a fairy tale. It's human nature to become aggressive when they realize this.

I'm really happy that you included a summary instead of just leaving us hanging like so many authors do. It makes me feel like you actually care about the readers.

I have a bad habit of predicting the end of a story while I'm reading it. A lot of slash fics have predictable endings, imo. Your ending threw me through a loop, I was rather impressed. However, I feel as if, even if you had completed the story, it would still be a bit incomplete.

Since the category was Romance/Angst, I wasn't expecting a happy ending, but I was hoping for one. It seems as if your story could have used a bit more closure. I realize that one of the central themes here was "Death cannot be reversed", but since Kurama was striving so hard to help the new Hiei, I was under the impression that another theme was "Love will find away". Your summary proved me wrong, though. Personally, I might have written an epilogue where Hiei and Kurama both die as old men and meet in the afterlife, then Hiei thanks Kurama for taking care of his reincarnated self and they both enter whatever afterlife you believe in. Then again, it's your story and I can't tell you how to write it.

The only question that remains unanswered in my mind is about Kurama's spontaneous headaches. I was predicting that they were the result of an undiagnosed brain tumor or aneurysm that may or may not kill him before the story ended. Were they the result of his traumatic memories resurfacing? Forgive me, I'm a little fuzzy here. (Are you even going to answer my questions? This story is six years old ...)

If this what you wrote six years ago, I can only image what your writing is like today. I would love to read some of your original work, if you could sent it to me or point me in it's direction, it would be very much appreciated. (Of course, there's a lot of doubt in my mind that you're even going to read this review, no offense intended)

That being said, I just want to let you know that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself. I found this work to be brilliant, you used the YYH characters to make the reader experience the same emotions that were being felt by the characters. You made them relatable, yet kept them in character the whole time. This story is a prime example of how writing can be an art, of how writing IS art. I wish you best of luck in your writing career. Thank you for sharing this with us.
mYtORnsaNDaLs chapter 15 . 3/29/2009
this kinda weird and if i haven't read the summary i wouldn't be able to get it... i felt like i waste my time reading the whole chapter trying to understand it as it flashes back and fort to the present and the past only to get all i need to know in the summarize version and i was like... hey... i read the whole story from but i haven't read this part? like... well it was confusing and intriguing and yet my effort of trying to decode the message in it's chapter has been wasted...

anyways, this one is sad
Kawaii-KeKe-Chan chapter 15 . 3/21/2007
Wow, sounds like a cracker. It's a real shame if you don't continue this story, but i would understand if you didn't. Anyway, this has been a pleasure to read, one of the best depictions of Kurama and Hiei i have ever read. Well done and good luck for the future!

wolf fullmoon chapter 1 . 2/9/2006
(Screaming) OH MY FRIKIN GOSH! WHAT THE HEDGE DID YOU DO? (continues screaming)'s going to take a while for me to get used to Hiei...
Seira-chan 3x9 chapter 15 . 9/26/2005
Hi. I guess I have nothing to say but I'm crying and I don't really like this story and it had some stupid parts in it I...I don't know I can't think my writing probably suks right now and spelling so sorry. I can't even read it from the begining without braking into tears. Being a fellow writer I'd say I could probably never hurt the characters in my stories as much as this.
Maxwell chapter 1 . 7/18/2005
This story doesn't really even need the YYH backstory to survive. I can't really say that the behavior of the characters is OOC, because the material you cover is outside of the scope of the anime/manga, but you don't rely on spirit guns and tyrant-killing-black-dragon waves to make your story work. You rely on things that anyone can relate to, using the demons, basically, to look at some of things that make us human. I'm no writer, as this review should make obvious, but the deeper meaning you seem to be developing in the plot is complex enough, original enough, and worthwhile enough that I would suggest you consider using it in the future with your own original characters. The fact that the characters you use come from Yu Yu Hakusho doesn't seem to be that crucial. This is not an insult, mind you. Writing fiction around other people's characters is like walking with crutches. You seem to lean on yours less than most.

I'm sorry to say that your works were among the first I read. I went through all 2500 fictions of 10,0 words in the category (most I needed only a paragraph to convince me of their worthlessness) and you set a bar that only a handful of other writers could touch, much less clear. If you ever decided to indulge in some capitalism and dangle the possibility of finishing this story in exchange for money, I'd probably break my mouse in my lunge for the Paypal button.

Best of luck with your writing career.
Koshi Sekisen chapter 15 . 6/15/2005

I've read the story before this one and this one as well, and I must say it is beautifully written and the plot is very complete and interesting. Therefore, I am very sad knowing that you will leave this story incomplete, but I understand your purposes on personal life are much more important. After all, if I were in your situacion, I'd leave Fanfictions and concentrate on original stuff.

I wish the best for you and good luck, I am sure that, with such talent, you will be able to do a great job. Don't get depressed, I don't know how good the stories of your peers, but with the stories you wrote I am sure you are not as bad as you claimed to be at the beggining of your last chapter. You have all your reader's support and, although I don't know you or ever spoke to you, I'd be glad to help you if needed.

I'm sure you will do a great job. If you accomplished this far now, as to be accepted in such a prestigious University, it maens that you have the talent needed. Don't drawn yourself into derpession, you have a talent and you know you can do it if you already reached this far! It is not necessary to always "Crash and Burn", right?

Kari Ishikawa
Satori chapter 15 . 5/3/2005
Your stories are beautifully written and your probably being too hard on yourself. I wish you the best of luck. I'd like to let you know this story is the sweetest Hiei Kurama fic I've ever read. It's bitersweet and I'm sure anyone else would agree.

Good luck...
Mea chapter 1 . 4/16/2005
This is Mea, the older sister of S.L.K.H. I am really sorry about what she said about your fic. She is very, very young, and she doesn't understand stuff like this. I told her not to flame you, but she did anyway. I just want to tell you that I'm really sorry about this.

Sincerely Mea

PS- thoth_moon brought this to my attention. It looks like she did find the culbrit(spl?) after all. Once again I am very sorry about this. maybe you can tell your friends on the internet how you found the flamer and her sister said she was sorry about it. I thought your story was great, and very original (though I was a little depressed at first.) I hope you'll forgive my 11 year old sister. She has a monkeys brain ( not really, I just like to say she does ~_)
Bluespark chapter 15 . 4/2/2005
Gah. . I thought I'd reviewed, but it turns out I hadn't.

Just wanted to say that this fic did turn out really realistic sounding to me. You even managed to make me cry several times. Sign of a good writer! Yep. I loved it.

I understand why you're not continuing it, but I just wanted to say we'll all miss you. Maybe one day you'll start up again, even though I doubt it.

One again, great fic! The summary really cleared up a lot of things for me.

-twitch- Gah. I can't verbalize what I'm thinking properly. oh well.
S.L.K.H chapter 1 . 3/16/2005

Ninqe chapter 15 . 3/5/2005
After coming across such tallent, it would be a sin not to review.

Your story is truly a master piece... a wonderful work of art that you spent so much time develeoping each individual person and small detail. I fell in love with your story, Let's Fly as The Birds do, and I was estatic when I saw the sequel...

I cried when I read the first chapter... heartbreaking really... but that's what's so amazing about it, you made me feel so attached to the story... it's rare that a published book like Harry Potter makes me feel such strong emotions. Your story was not a perfect ending... your story shows the harsh realities that happy endings don't always happen.

In fact, in most cases, it's rare that it ever does happen.

I don't think this review is enough to show you how amazed I am by your tallent, you have the tallent to become a writer even more famous than JKR... it makes me really excited that your major still uses this astonishing tallent you have in writing.

I wanted to congradulate you on being accepted into the University of Southern California... I'll be looking for your name on a DVD cover box... or in bold letters on a new show.

And I am sure, in the future your confidence in your work will grow... because each time you sit down at write... you get better and better.

I hope school is going great for you... maybe it won't be perfect, but hey... as your stories have proven, life is not perfect.

For your comment to whether you are meant to be in that major... well... I think time will tell if you are or not.

And if I sound like I'm BSing you, I'm not. I get like this when I read stories at your level of writing. I apologize for the long review... I do this a lot whever I review for stories. Hope I didn't wear down on your patience or anything ;;

Well... I know I kind of sound like a bucket of cheese when I say all of that... but it's the truth. Hope you can forgive me for that, it's one of my bad traits... to cheesify stuff. (cheddar anyone?)

And to S.L.K.H... nice flame, but save it for campfires and please. I can't believe you would hate someone for writing something... at least hate them for a good reason, such as their personality and such. Pay attention to her writing... like Let's Fly as the Birds do... pay attention to that last chapter about hate and stuff and learn something... PLEASE.

Well, I think I'm going to have to go, I have to get up in the morning and its almost midnight
S.L.K.H chapter 15 . 3/3/2005
I HATE! your fanfic how could someone be so cule to do something like that you should have kept Hiei dead it would have been so much nicer.

I hate you for writting would you feel if you had gone though that for your...Mom and then she died and was brought back with only fake memorise of you!FYI my nick name up

their it means I Love Kurama and you P.O.

the wroug I'm going to make a sequel

for I still hate your stupid fan fic and you!1