Reviews for And All We Need of Hell
purestheartslove chapter 1 . 9/30/2016
This was a short piece but so utterly lovely. God, your words, they're like reading Klaus'so inner thoughts, so very confusing because what else would you expect of a man who had lived for a thousand years, other than puzzle pieces that a human can't understand.

Your writing style is wonderful and while occasionally I may trip over in confusion, as I said in the grand result it does a wonderful job of highlighting some things more.
LilGray chapter 1 . 4/26/2016
OH MY GOSH! I laughed out loud at the absolute accuracy of the last two lines of this story... well done once more... as short as this little piece is it packed quite the punch. I could feel the tightness in Klaus' chest... I'm actually beginning to become a little jealous of your talents as both a writer and a storyteller. Nothing too serious mind you as jealousy is really not in my nature and I'm one of those people who is more inclined to take any slight stirrings of jealousy and use them as motivation to emulate the person I feel slightly jealous of. Essentially you're making me want to be a more profound writer... more eloquent too. There is particular beauty to your writing style that is very hard to replicate if it does not come naturally. Hopefully what they say about practice is true and eventually I'll get somewhere closer to your league. Now once again I'm off to see what else you've written that can captivate me so spectacularly.
UglyTruth chapter 1 . 7/19/2015
What I really enjoyed about this is the intertextual weaving in of other literature and Klaus' connection to them. Because he really is one of those people that I can imagine having a passion for reading as well as art and music, especially considering his reference to Dickens in the show, I bet he knows all the classics inside out. So the way you worked the novels into the situation here is just fantastic.

Not to mention all the conflicting thoughts - I always love a look into his past and his experiences and how you connect them to his current emotions is just magical. There's way too many stories that capture him somewhat one-sided when he is clearly the most complex creature and by capturing his thoughts in their chaos, I feel like you've got a whole other insight to him. Another great piece - as all of your stories on this pairing happen to be. Thanks for sharing!
playingcreator chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
I have never read another who can empathise with Klaus so perfectly in their writing. I adore your work. I adore this.
SeriouslySerious chapter 1 . 10/16/2013
Beautiful. You write a good Klaus
bohemiansugar chapter 1 . 5/29/2013
Wow, you have a beautiful style of writing. I love it when I find a fic this well written! Loved it.
Tay chapter 1 . 5/13/2013
Ok so my eyes are hot. So hot. Just like Klaus'. Your writing I swear it's...so heartbreaking. It aches and makes me shudder. But most of all, the way you make it so beautiful is beyond me. This recap story of 4x13 (which still gives me so many feels) was wonderfully written and so believable. You have great Klaus' POV, the best I've read. The history, time and people you refer make it realistic and engaging. I LOVE IT. I am not a history buff but you make history intersting. I'll be sure to check out Dante's Inferno as well as Robert Browning's works. First, evodia perfume and now all these books? Haha this is like PPL but it goes to show how much you intrigue me with your writing with my two bbys Klaus and Caroline! This part about eyes burning, well that's me atm:

But precisely how hot the eyes can become, the way they burn, the knots that tie themselves into all the spaces where your voice can no longer go-

You will never forget that.

You will never not know how to cry.

And this:

There is a type of silence which is so loud it howls in a man's ears until he becomes deaf with it.

There is a type of pain which is so sharp it numbs everything it touches, and for days, for weeks, for months, you do not feel its sting.

Yep, some pain does that. I feel you Klaus. Lastly:

Sometimes relief, it picks you up on its waves and slams you face first into the shore, and for so long, it goes on doing this, picking you up, smashing you down, until you can do nothing but shudder, let yourself be sucked under the swell, held down until you are drowned.

This is so true. It hit my heart so much because I can feel this relief, I was Klaus while reading this. I totally felt it and the way you described the emotion 'relief' was spot on. Ugh, it is so good. You are an amazing writer! xx
Guest chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Beautiful
mckinnon-m chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
You actually made me tear up. This is so well done, thank you so much for this!
tyluv3 chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Maybe too deep?...
chillwithJyl chapter 1 . 3/1/2013
Beautiful!
CayleeElizabeth chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
loved this - I could really sense the bitterness in Klaus, his own self-loathing - how he almost hates the fact that Caroline has this power over him and makes him weak or so he believes. Thanks for sharing.
Chrissie chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
One word to describe this- Beautiful.
EtherealDemon chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
So heartbreaking and beautiful. As always your writing is superb leaving me teary eyed and breathless. Bravo!