Reviews for My home is gone, but I'll help get yours back if I can
DaughterofHalt chapter 31 . 8/28/2020
I really like this story! I love the original parts you added, like with the bandits and the witch. I really appreciate the Christian perspective you put in there too! That is very rare in fanfics I’ve noticed. I really like the passages at the beginning of each chapter too! Keep up the good work! I can’t wait for more!
DaughterofHalt chapter 19 . 8/27/2020
I’ll bet the rabbit is Bilbo.
Hollymoonlightwolf chapter 31 . 4/18/2020
I enjoy reading this! :)
DawnScarlet19610 chapter 2 . 4/18/2020
No offence, but Alicia seems very dumb to me. Ending up in the peaceful Shire, a place completely unlike the world she knows, looking at maps of a world she doesn't recognize and being introduced to Hobbits... Yes she still doesn't get that she's not in Kansas anymore? There's no way she wouldn't have considered this from the start. Zombie apocalypse to the Shire is way too different not to immediately ring bells, even if she knows nothing about Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth. Your character comes off as incredibly stupid and naive. She obviously would know about The Wizard of Oz, Narnia, and it's very unlikely that she never would have heard a LotR's reference in her life. Hearing Gandalf is a wizard, her first thought is "wow, I've only ever heard of wizards in fairy tales before!" She just accepts it, barely gives it any thought and moves on to do chores. Also, Renaissance Fairs? That has nothing to do with wizards. That made no sense. I would definitely go over your portrayal of Alicia. She lives in a zombie apocalypse, and clearly must be smart enough to have survived so long. There's no way she wouldn't be figuring out right off the bat that something is very wrong and that she's in a different world. Not having that really turned me off from your character because it's too unrealistic (as realistic as fanfiction goes), and ruins any idea of intelligence I believed she had.

Another thing is the dresses. Alicia has been living through the freaking Walking Dead. She would be in a much more alert and battle ready mindset. Wearing a dress could possibly mean death in a sudden attack. She would never risk it, not with the life she's been forced to live for however long. She probably would feel really strange wearing a dress anyway, and out of place. You have no consideration of this at all.

I enjoyed Alicia's initial surprise at Dwalin's appearance, thinking he looks like a Viking. I don't, however, agree with Bilbo being the first person Alicia meets in Middle Earth. She has no credibility with the Dwarves this way. Gandalf finding her would have been much better, and him bringing her to the meeting at Bag End would make her a lot more trustworthy to Thorin and the company. Being Bilbo's random lost and confused guest would make her seem utterly bizarre and possibly threatening to Thorin for sure. He'd never accept her.

Writing wise, not too bad. Missing words very often though. Easy enough to fill the gaps, but still something to watch out for. I recommend reading aloud slowly to help with that. You also need to get rid of contractions for all the Middle Earth characters' dialogues. It differentiates Modern speech with Middle Earth speech, and is more accurate since contractions were not popular until more recently. You also have Alicia hearing Bilbo say "dwarves" twice and both time thinking the exact same thought about it from her point of view, obviously a small error.

I don't think you captured Thorin right at all. The way he spoke to Alicia. Lastly, deeply disliked that Alicia just stood there letting Thorin bash women like she's not a 21st century girl. This idea is very interesting, but I think it needs a lot of work. I hope my comments are helpful to you.
Jillian Baade chapter 8 . 4/16/2020
Bifur, then Kili, running around photographing everything. *dies laughing *
xSiriuslyPadfoot chapter 31 . 4/14/2020
Great chapter!im so glad you updated!
Jillian Baade chapter 6 . 4/9/2020
If l was Ruffles the Cute l would bite Gandalf in his bony wizardly arse so hard...
Julian Baade chapter 4 . 4/9/2020
Him, Bifur’s lie is that he is married, l guess that’s because he wishes he was.
Jillian Baade chapter 2 . 4/9/2020
Bofur is an Eskimo! LOL. Loved the detail of Dwalin ‘a fiddle, the fact the Dwarves had instruments with them was lost in the films.
xSiriuslyPadfoot chapter 30 . 4/7/2020
Yesssss! I’m so glad you updated and decided to continue with this story! I’ve re-read it a few times waiting for a update lol. I really love Alicia and her interactions with the characters. And I love the other OCs you’ve introduced to this fic. Can’t wait till next update!
Rui-o-Aroha chapter 29 . 4/2/2020
Quite interesting tale for Alicia, even though it's been 3 years since your last update I would encourage you to continue her journey, because I would hope that she would eventually face a Zombie showing her troubles, but even more to reunite with her friends in the Colony.

Whether you wish to continue or not is entirely up to you but even so I would hope for you to complete your story.
Kind regards PolyGR
Rui chapter 29 . 3/25/2020
Quite and interesting journey the young Survivor Alicia has come to, and it is a shame you have not updated for the last nearly 3 years, I'm quite curious to what else lies ahead of her journey and to how she will return home, but no matter writers know when to Begin, End, Continue, or so on by their own will I hope you enjoyed writing up to the stage you've come up to.

I would hope to read another chapter shortly if not then we can only enjoy the rest of journey whether it be reality or a fantasy.
Fa
Raven Blanchard chapter 29 . 9/30/2018
Omg. Is that... Nori, READING THE BIBLE? 0_0

And lol Alicia likes Balin Dwalin in this fic. I usually see it the other way around because Dwalin's an intimidating character, but Dwalin's a kind of stoic tsundere in this fic, and you make it work! Such talent.

Anyway, back to Nori's ironic spiritual journey:

I suprisingly like it! The religious aspects in this fic arent as well thought-out as I'd prefer, but that's just me being nitpicky. They're a nice touch though! And good job on this story overall! It's not perfect but it's good, and for a whopping 250k-word fic it does well enough as it is. Also, on a random note: as a prepper nut myself, I can't help but LOVE your little survivalist tidbits here (the bushcraft, the herbal remedies, everything!). Keep up the good work! You should totally write a Walking Dead or L4D self insert too, in which the SI/OC kicks serious butt being ready for absokutely EVERYTHING. Man, sorry for fangasming right there, but prepper fanfics are rare enough as it is. And may I recommend a Walking Dead fic "Fallow" by alleycat4eva, because it is AMAZING and filled with bushcraft and prepper stuff, and amazingly dark (but not in the mindless violence way, but more in the identity-crisis kind of way). I find that alleycat4eva writes introspection really well.

ANYWAY. A fic with doomsday prepping aspects seems right up your alley, so I advise you to give it a whirl! :)

I can't wait for the next chapter! I'm not rushing you, but I just adore this story, so there.

-RB
SortingHat chapter 2 . 1/3/2018
Like most fanfics I'm rather disappointed this followed the script blindly with little input from Alica. You might as well just dropped her out and rewrote the novel. I can't say I'll be reading this anymore.

Most fanfiv reviews just follow their emotions (they call it following their hearts) but they haven't an OUNCE of logic in them. I feel sorry for when our power grid collapses because it's primarily being ran by older people not retiring because nobody wants to do it. So they are just (making do) with what little they have in stock. There is only 3 places you can get power supplies like transformers,poles, in North America. There used to be 5 but some closed down.

The 3 were based off of old data 5 years ago so it may be less now. Most of our equipment comes from China. We are SOL if there is a widespread attack. The 3-5 months minimum to repair is overly optimistic.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 1/2/2018
What if Alicia went to a broken Oil refinery and get oil from one of them and process it?